Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Reception Location Regret?

So about 2 months ago I visited venues and found one that I loved (WINDOWS on Minnesota) and signed the contract and put down a deposit. Now I'm starting to second guess my decision. Blah I don't know what to do! Did anyone else feel this way?

Re: Reception Location Regret?

• edited December 2011
    What's making you second guess your decision?  Price? Location? Did you find something else you like more?
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why are you second guessing? I'm doing Windows and am REALLY excited about it! 
  • bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a little overwhelmed by the amounts of rules my venue (Mill City) keeps throwing out there as I go along.  I admit fully that I love the space and was jumping in head first purely based on looks and vibe.  Now I just hear, no candles, no this, no that, charge for this, charge for that.  The time for set  up has me very worried and will have to orchestrated carefully.
    I think you just have to make due with what you can control.  It will be beautiful and I will love it for the day it is, getting to be with my fella.  Controlling all the little details just isn't what it's about.  I keep telling myself that in my head and I regret it a little less.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • LolaBelle515LolaBelle515 member
    edited December 2011
    Beelaxanthe--I know you're frustrated (reasonably so!), but I was at a wedding at Mill City really recently and it was so so so beautiful.  It's such a gorgeous choice, I just wanted to reassure you that it will be beautiful on your big day! PS. The wedding I was at did a unity candle inside lanterns---so maybe candles outside at least are ok? 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure exactly what I'm regretting. I guess part of me is watching to many wedding shows and wishing I had looked around at more places that were country-club style. Blah I'm living in Daytona Beach for a while and I feel like I need to see it to fall in love with it again and I won't be back for another month.
    edited December 2011
    Awwww...well just think of the AWESOME views you'll have. You can't get that anywhere else in Minnesota! So amazing! Also....the food...OMG sooooo good! I don't know if you've had your tasting yet...but I highly recommend the salmon! Yummy! And, the people there are awesome to work with! I've been working with Sam and he has been wonderful! 
    I had doubts at the beginning too, so I understand, but in the end, I'm glad we went with Windows!
  • edited December 2011
    I felt this way about two months ago and it was making me want to elope.  Instead, I changed my venue and couldn't be happier!  I am now stress free! (almost..)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies for all your encouragement, I think I was just getting nervous but the more I look at pictures the better I feel. And thanks WINDOWS brides! I'm excited again :)

Bimbi I haven't had my tasting yet, probably not until December but I looove salmon so I can't wait to try it!
  • jennyg0330jennyg0330 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I also had my reception at Window's.  Everything went SO smoothly and was VERY organized, I had an amazing experience and would recommend it to anyone who can afford to host a reception there.  The only *regret* about having it there was that we had to cut our guest list down bc they do not lock in meal prices when you sign your contract (ours increased almost 25 dollars per plate), and after taxes and gratuity (we did the least expensive meal w/ the cocktail hour) it was 100 dollars a plate.  BUT, people loved it, and we had a wonderful time.
  • jennyg0330jennyg0330 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also worked with Sam, and he was there during my reception to be sure everything was going as planned.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_reception-location-regret?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:97e00d78-0018-4a07-8ee6-966abff3394aPost:fabc0263-aa3c-493b-8e7a-d799fdf25f14">Re: Reception Location Regret?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Bimbi I haven't had my tasting yet, probably not until December but I looove salmon so I can't wait to try it!
    Posted by MilitaryBride2Be[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh, you will LOVE it then! Sooooo yummy! I'm glad you are feeling better about it!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards