Moms and Maids

I picked my bridal party..only one problem :/

I have one maid of honor and 3 bridesmaids, I sent each of them a special card and wrote a personal message asking them if they would like to be my bridesmaid..(except the MOH of course) I've gotten replies back from all of them but one. One of my bridesmaid is a former classmate of mine (we both recently graduated from Ultrasound school) she is having a tough time out there finding a job, she said she would love to be apart of my special day but financially she is not sure she can afford it and she would give me her decision when she decided. I've talked to her since and there is a lot of "IF I can be your bridesmaid"..etc etc. My question is, how long should I wait for an answer? I don't want to wait too long to pick out dresses and such..I just don't want her to feel like I am rushing her. 

Re: I picked my bridal party..only one problem :/

• aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Presumably she'll need to make the decision by the last possible date to order the dress.  You don't need to press her until then.  Just continue to solicit her opinion on the dress, and back off everything else.  The dress is her only responsibility anyway.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    What PP's said. Just give her some time. Once you all decide on a dress figure out the date that they need to be ordered by. That will be about the time your friend will need to make a decision.

It sounds like she wants to do, she just doens't know if she can swing it financially. Hopefully she can find a great job and will be able to stand up with you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Here is a way you can make sure she can stand up. Let your maids pick out their own dresses-- given you tell them the color you want them to wear. This way she can find a cute dress for very cheap. Department stores often have clearance dresses as low as $15! She can wear her own shoes and jewelry also.

Other then the dress, there is nothing else she is obligated to contribute to the wedding anyways. Bridal Parties are not obligated to buy you more stuff, or throw you parties. Perhaps the other BM would be willing to work with her on certain pre-wedding plans if they are choosing to go ahead with those.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards