September 2012 Weddings

XP Welcome Bag - Itinerary

We are having a semi-destination wedding so everyone is traveling about 2-4 hours to the wedding.  Due to this we are having a welcome dinner the night before that everyone is invited to and will be handing out welcome bags there (water, snacks, etc).  Included in the bag I wanted to have an itinerary and am curious what else I could put on this, so its not just a random piece of paper in the bag.  Did anyone else do this and have a format/picture they could share?  All suggestions welcome!

Re: XP Welcome Bag - Itinerary

• I am having a complete DW to New Orleans and there is a Knottie on the NO board that has a template for a welcome letter for brides to put in their welcome bags. She is customizing it for me and other brides for a very small fee. It has a welcome message on the first page with FI and my cell numbers in case anyone needs to reach us over the weekend. It has a page with sites and attractions of interest around town. It also has a Places to Eat section with descriptions of various nearby restaurants, their price ranges, and distance to the hotel. And of course there is the iteneriary page. I also had a custom wedding map done on Etsy that I will include. It shows the hotel where our block is, the RD and welcome party location, ceremony and reception locations. Just some ideas that may help you out. It is intended to be informational and a good resource. I'm also putting the official NO visitor and tourists guide in the bag too. Not sure if your location has some brochures or a guide like that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The letter template I have is in PDF format so I'd be happy to email it to you, but you wouldn't be able to work off that document.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • coupon code:bridal5203 
    10% Off for for all wedding dress purchase on this site. Come to choose what you like.It's amazing!
    bridalweddingdesigner.com
  • My wedding is semi-DW like yours....FI's side is 1-3 hours away, my side all has to get on a plane or drive 6+ hours.  We are having the wedding near the airport though so most people won't have a car since they will use the shuttle that goes between the airport, hotel, and a nearby shopping center.  So, I didn't need to be over the top with details and a million things to do in the area.  This may be more simple than you need but this is what I did.  I used the free Vistaprint rack cards

• Volley that is exactly what I think I am looking for.  Now I have to see if I can order them and receive them in time for my Sept 8th wedding.... and I really don't want to spend TOO much.  I always see people posting stuff about Vista Print groupons/deals.  Figured I didn't pay attention to those in time haha!!

Thanks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_xp-welcome-bag-itinerary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:61a5b11e-87e9-4a09-9e70-239827c2eaf2Post:f13d9b5f-44f1-4a03-8b1f-20f7dbed0ab7">Re: XP Welcome Bag - Itinerary</a>:
    [QUOTE]Volley that is exactly what I think I am looking for.  Now I have to see if I can order them and receive them in time for my Sept 8th wedding.... and I really don't want to spend TOO much.  I always see people posting stuff about Vista Print groupons/deals.  Figured I didn't pay attention to those in time haha!! Thanks!
    Posted by L&K2012[/QUOTE]

I have an email from this morning that is good for today and tomorrow with 50 free rack cards.  I'd probably just do separate orders so they are all free and all you have to pay is shipping (assuming you need more than 50).  I'm having them handed out at the front desk of the hotel so there will be 1 per room.  If you post or PM me your email I'll forward you the VP email.  If you order them today you should get them by the 8th.  I recently ordered something July 30 and got it this past Saturday using their slowest shipping method (so just under 2 weeks to print and ship).
  • Could you send me the email with 50 free rack cards??  Looks like they would be a perfect use for the hotel bags.  kmags42@yahoo.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_xp-welcome-bag-itinerary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:61a5b11e-87e9-4a09-9e70-239827c2eaf2Post:3916ace4-9900-4be5-8794-f00b6ae2ba9f">Re: XP Welcome Bag - Itinerary</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you send me the email with 50 free rack cards??  Looks like they would be a perfect use for the hotel bags.  kmags42@yahoo.com
    Posted by Kello4221[/QUOTE]

Sent.  Put my screenname in the subject so you knew it wasn't spam.
  • @Volleygurl0306 Can you send me the free rack card email too?  We need to order our programs.  My email is mdspurr@gmail.com.  Thanks!!
    September 2012: Invitations

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards