Missouri-St Louis
Options

Reception Venues

Hello St. Louis Brides! My fiance and I just set our date with our ceremony venue (Graham Chapel at Wash U) and we are looking for a reception venue close by or somewhere downtown. I've contacted quite a few places asking if our date is available and these are the places who have responded yes:

Peabody Opera House
Hyatt - St. Louis
Sheldon Concert Hall
St. Louis Zoo
Moulin Events

I was wondering if anyone has any reviews of these places. What they liked/didn't like. Also, if anyone has any other ideas of large reception venues (can seat 275 people), please send them my way!

We have looked at Mahler Ballroom, the Planetarium, Forest Park Golf Course, and Lumen and all are already booked for our date or are too small. I've also contacted Kemoll's and the Sheraton in Clayton and am still waiting for responses from these venues. 

Thanks for the help!!

Re: Reception Venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My reception will be at Lakeside Cafe in the Zoo. I highly recommend it. I have had no problems with them at all. They are very accommodating and I feel like you get a lot for your money (cake and alcholol is included in the price and there is no sales tax).
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW - I didn't know Lakeside held receptions. Very cool! Do you mind telling me what they charge per person(about)??
    We are having ours at The Anheuser Busch Conference Center in Fenton. I don't remember how many they accomodate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the range is $52-68/person, depending on the entree. The buffet is $64. We were shocked that it was cheaper to do a seated dinner and a buffet, but it makes sense.  it includes a champagne welcome and champagne toast, open bar for 4 hours, passed and stationary apps during coctail hour, and the wedding cake. I'm not sure what the capacity, maybe 400. We'll have 300.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Did the lakeside cafe have a venue fee?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards