• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Veil

When are you taking off your veil?  Immediately after the ceremony?  Leaving it on for pictures?  Between the ceremony & the cocktail hour?  After you get intro'd into the reception?  After the first dance? 

Re: Veil

• I'm doing a birdcage veil with feather flower.  It will be on throughout ceremony and thru some pictures.  Then I will remove it and just wear the feather flower thru the remainder of pictures, cocktail hour, and reception.
  • Immediately after the ceremony. I'm also taking my dress off then though (my reception is in my parents' backyard and we're having a pig roast).

I love my puppy ... and my husband, I swear!
  • In Response to Re: Veil:
    [QUOTE]Immediately after the ceremony. I'm also taking my dress off then though (my reception is in my parents' backyard and we're having a pig roast).
    Posted by JRSonday[/QUOTE]

LOL you should have just left it at, "I'm also taking my dress off then though."  That would have made for some great posts...
  • LOL to PP

I am wearing mine for half of pictures and then removing to for some, but then putting it back on until after the first dance. After that my hairdresser is putting my hair up and a flower will take my veils place.

My wedding planner, however, really wanted me to keep it on the whole time because according to her, " What other time can you wear a veil and not have people look at you like you are crazy?" haha She makes me smile. But in my defense I know that I am going to be having a good time and I don't want to ruin my mothers veil in an intoxicated stupor later that night.
    [url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/tt12786f.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I honestly hadn't even thought about this yet, but I guess it will be taken off by halfway through pics.  I want some with my veil and some with out it.  no way am I wearing it through the reception...i want to be free and dance and not have it bugging me!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Veil : LOL you should have just left it at, "I'm also taking my dress off then though."  That would have made for some great posts...
    Posted by ZoeTheDog[/QUOTE]

Ha! I was thinking the same thing Zoe! ;oP
    I think I am taking it off in the trolley on the way to reception.

Datsyuks & Ferdy- We Go Together Like...

• I'm still not wearing a veil =P I decided on a hairpiece which is a gigantic green flower (in my color! *gasp) and I'll be adding some tulle onto it. It's going to be worked into my hairstyle =)
    BTW miss Zoe, I replied, lol
    December 2010 siggy challenge - Caketopper:
    cake crown Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hmmm. Well, mine is a cathedral veil. Even though I would like to leave it on all night (to get my monies worth!) I think I'll just take it off just before dinner starts.

• edited July 2010
    I'm leaving mine on all night. I have a cathedral veil for the ceremony and I'm going with an elbow length veil for the reception. I get to wear a veil once in my life, I'm going to rock it Wink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • Still haven't decided if I'm even doing a veil, likely no.  But if I do it will come off immediately after the ceremony!
    [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eq6ma9.jpg[/IMG]
  • We're not doing an intro (I don't think).  I'm pretty sure I'm going to take it off after the cocktail hour, before the reception.  We'll be taking a few pictures during the cocktail hour, and then re-joining our guests.

I've heard it can be pretty painful to get hugged while wearing a veil, so I may end up excusing myself from the cocktail hour to take it out if it becomes an issue.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    [QUOTE]No idea. Most of our pictures will be before the ceremony and only a few after it, so maybe then? I don't like stuff on my head so the sooner the better.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

Nichole, this is totally me, too!  I'm thinking after the ceremony.  I will wear a tiara in place of it for the reception.
  • Taking it off after our first dance and before dinner, probably.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing all of our pictures before the ceremony and I am taking my veil off and replacing it with a crystal ribbon headband immediately following the ceremony.
  • Im wearing a birdcage it will be on for pics and ceremony, I have a feeling it's going to drive me nuts.
  • I am taking mine off after the pictures inside the chapel, before we move to outside pictures

"Please weather Gods let it be a nice day"
    Photobucket
  • I'm still not 100% sure I'm wearing my veil.

If I do, it'll come off right after the ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards