Hawaii

lani brides

Question for lani brides--
where did you and your guest stay?  i know the jw marriott is close but it's pricey.  my wedding planner also said there wasn't much to do around that area.  any recommendations on where to stay???

Re: lani brides

• pueopueo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are splitting our time between a vacation rental in Kailua and a hotel in Waikiki.  Lanikuhonua is about 35-50 minutes from Waikiki depending on traffic.  Most of our out of town guests will be staying in one on of those two areas as well.  We are still considering arranging a shuttle from Waikiki to the wedding but it seems like most guests will have a rental car.
  • McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are staying in condos in Kapolei. We wanted our hotel/condo to be a little more secluded. My brother lives in Kapolei so we will be visiting him. My FI has not been to the islands so we will be doing a lot of traveling about.

You should check VRBO.com we have found better deals than the hotel prices.
  • lindskalindska member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Our families stayed at the Ko Olina Beach Villas...we found a great deal on VRBO.  Seriously fantastic!  There were 15 family members and we found 2 condos in KOBVs owned by the same person!  Our closest friends rented a Ko Olina Kai villa also off of VRBO and LOVED it.  The rest of our guests stayed in Waikiki at the Outrigger, and we had a room block there.  We rented a school bus to bring them back and forth from Waikiki for the Welcome BBQ and on the wedding day.  About Ko Olina - it was absolutely beautiful and it was exactly the ''vacation'' feeling that everyone was hoping for.  Just gorgeous. Here are a few random pix for you.

One of the KOBV pools.

We felt like we always had it to ourselves...can't wait to go back.

This one is random, but preparing for our 'Mahalo Brunch' at the villas...so much counter space and the entire kitchen/dining room extends onto the balcony.  Tons more where these came from if you need them. 

Our bus & banner:
     "Kaata & Lindsay's Wedding Weekend June 2010"
    lindsay and kaata - june 21, 2010 - lani phase II my planning bio
  • McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lindsay,

I sent you a PM. 

• lindskalindska member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kim and Amy, you both have PMs right back! ♥