Chit Chat

How Young Is Too Young?

Hi Everybody!
I'm new to the knot and very excited to plan everything and hear everyones stories :)
So since I've been on here and seen some of the message boards it's no mystery that there are members of TK who are against young couples getting married. I can totally understand why and everything, but I thought I would get your opinion.
How young, in your views, is too young to be getting married? Is there a certain age or do you believe the level of maturity is what really matters?
Thanks guys and I'm excited to hear your opinions :)

Re: How Young Is Too Young?

• In my country, I have only been to a couple of weddings of people under 25, and they were judged as being "too young".

It is no big deal, at all, to live together, buy a house, have babies etc and not be married, so people don't really think there is any reason to get married young (and by young they really mean after not very long together eg less than 3 or 4 years)

It's just the way it is here. Most people I know were together at least 3-5 years, then got married, so they were 25-30ish.

I think under 18 should be illegal, 18-21 is prolly still pretty young. It would be interesting to see the stats on divorce and age.
  • I think there are MANY factors, but taking all of those out... I think anything under 25 is too young. My brother got married at 24, and I think him and his wife are great together (and they were together 7 years before that). But just as a hard and fast rule, I still think 25.
  • To me "too young" has a lot more to do with where you are in life than your numerical age, although if I had to put an age on it, I'd say under 25.  I think you need to be completely done with schooling/training/whatever and fully settled into your career before you permanently attach yourself to another person.  I also think you need to have your late teens/young twenties for age-appropriate shenanigans (going out with friends, dating the occasional completely inappropriate guy and then learning why inappropriate guys are, well, inappropriate, having the ability to do pretty much whatever you want on a whim without "checking in" with a partner, etc.).  

My parents have friends who married young (under 25) and even the ones who are still happily married have regrets about it, and about what they missed out on by being married and "playing house" while their peers will still out having a good time and enjoying their freedom.  I don't know anyone who waited until their late 20s who has those same regrets, even when they spent most of their 20s dating the person who eventually became their spouse.

Last thought - I think everyone should live alone (or as close to alone as financially possible) for at least some time.  And I don't mean in a single college dorm room, I mean in an apartment, where you pay your own bills, and have to change your own lightbulbs, and do your own laundry and dishes and grocery shopping, you get the idea.  You don't want to be one of those people who "can't leave" his or her spouse because you don't know how to manage a life on your own.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • It isn't just an age, it is ability and maturity level.  I HATE it when someone pulls the "I am very mature for my age, you don't know what I have gone through in life card."  Not saying you are, but seen it countless times.

Personally, I don't think anyone should get married if they haven't lived on their own, paid all of their own bills (no roommates sharing half), learned how to save money, and can be completely financially independent.  If mommy/daddy are helping with your cell phone, or any insurances, you aren't financially independent.

You should have an education and the skills to support not only you, but your spouse too in case of emergency.  If your spouse is in a really bad car accident, has a really long illness, etc, can you carry the load while they get better?  Can you keep the lights on, food in the fridge, and the bills paid?

Nothing will ever trump education and skills.  There is never a time when you won't need them.  And, hey, not everyone is well suited for college.  I know really smart people who just couldn't deal with college but they still got the education and training they needed to make a good life.

You need to be able to manage money and have an emergency fund too.

Best example I had?  My mom.  God bless her soul.  I was a late in life baby (aka "what do you mean we are having another baby?).  My parents were born in the 20's and my mom was from the June Cleaver era.  Our house was spotless, you could eat off our floors and we had homecooked meals every single night.  The woman didn't have the skills to hold down a job at the local dime store and had NO money management skills whatsoever.  My very disciplined military dad handled all the business, all the money, and the discipline of the kids (mainly my older brothers).  My dad died unexpectedly when I was 3.  If it hadn't been for VA and Social Security we wouldn't have had any money at all.  She didn't have the skills to support us.

I was in Basic Training 6 days after I graduated high school, had my own apartment, paid all of my own bills before I got married the first time at 20.  I was too young.

Oh, one other thing.  You need time to live a little!  travel a bit, have fun as a single person, etc.  Yeah, I lost that opportunity.
  • SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I think it will vary from couple to couple.  I went to school with a girl who went through a wild stage during her teenage years and then after high school found a church and became a born again christian.  she met a lot of great people who helped her turn her life around, including her future husband.  they were engaged within a year of dating and got married the summer before our senior year of college started (she was 22).  They have now been married for 6 years and have a child together and are completely happy, but I think a lot of their being ready to be married and their relationship has a lot to do with their beliefs and relationship wtih God.  I have a couple other friends who are born again christians and also married very young and are still going strong in their marriages after 7-8 years.  I've known other girls to get married in their early 20's and then get divorced within a few years.  So again, I think it really depends on the couple and there is not hard and fast number in my opinion.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-young-is-too-young-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:2d277ccc-3e60-4fc6-ba3e-00e25926a84fPost:5945861d-8e4c-456f-bf98-f300cf60a3e6">Re: How Young Is Too Young?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you have to ask you're still too young.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

Yup.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• I don't view young in terms of numbers, necessarily.  It's more about maturity and life skills to me.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• RailWayWifeRailWayWife member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    It has nothing to do with being under 25 or not. It has everything to do with your maturity level. I am 22, got engaged at 19. I am starting out in my career, finished school, own my own home and vehicle. I dont go out to the "clubs" or bars often. I am a hard worker who loves my fiance very much. We have been together for over 6 years living together for 3 of those years. We have saved all the money we will need and more to pay for our wedding on our own. Am I too young to get married? maybe. I have seen my uncle (who is in his 40s) marry a girlfriend within 6 months of meeting her because they we "so in love" and watched that marraige fall apart before the 1 year mark. So again its not age its maturity.
  • It's the maturity level.  We have had young brides on here before and the only way we knew some of them were young is because they told us.  We get concerned that someone is too young when they bring highschool like drama and plans to these boards.  You'll usually see us asking point blank how old someone is because from what they are showing us, they are too immature to be contemplating marriage much less going forward with one.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Though I think it's the maturity level more than age, I can't get behind people getting engaged in HS. I have personally had students of mine who were engaged. Even the most mature of them still were not ready to be married. They've never been on their own, paid their own bills, lived outside mommy and daddy's house, had to budget or manage money (and i know SOME kids do this stuff, but the ones who were engaged did not because they told me). And I really don't get getting engaged at 17 or 18 and saying you'll wait to marry for 4 years. I guess in general I don't get 4 year engagements, but to me, if high schoolers do this, it seems like they just want the ring and to brag that they're engaged while knowing deep inside they aren't ready for marriage at all.

If I HAD to put an age on it, I'd say 21. It's just a little odd to me when the bride or groom can't legally drink at their own wedding. Not saying you have to drink at your wedding, but to not even be able to? The youngest person I have known in my circle to marry was 21; that was 5 years ago and they are still happilly married. I think overall having experienced life on your own, having to pay your own bills and work, getting an education if that's what you want are all things that are good to do before settling down in a marriage. Live a little on your own. Have your own responsibilities. Do some exploring on your own.

I also don't get the feeling of having to rush. When I get frustrated is when an 18 year old says, "Well we know we'll be together forever" First that sounds immature, but even moreso, if that's true, what's another 3 years? Date seriously and hold off on legally getting married. If you're really together forever, he'll still be there in 3 years' time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-young-is-too-young-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:2d277ccc-3e60-4fc6-ba3e-00e25926a84fPost:4cb8d4f9-1d18-4420-b061-21d529f1572d">Re: How Young Is Too Young?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Though I think it's the maturity level more than age, I can't get behind people getting engaged in HS. I have personally had students of mine who were engaged. Even the most mature of them still were not ready to be married. They've never been on their own, paid their own bills, lived outside mommy and daddy's house, had to budget or manage money (and i know SOME kids do this stuff, but the ones who were engaged did not because they told me). And I really don't get getting engaged at 17 or 18 and saying you'll wait to marry for 4 years. I guess in general I don't get 4 year engagements, but to me, if high schoolers do this, it seems like they just want the ring and to brag that they're engaged while knowing deep inside they aren't ready for marriage at all. If I HAD to put an age on it, I'd say 21. It's just a little odd to me when the bride or groom can't legally drink at their own wedding. Not saying you have to drink at your wedding, but to not even be able to? The youngest person I have known in my circle to marry was 21; that was 5 years ago and they are still happilly married. I think overall having experienced life on your own, having to pay your own bills and work, getting an education if that's what you want are all things that are good to do before settling down in a marriage. Live a little on your own. Have your own responsibilities. Do some exploring on your own. I also don't get the feeling of having to rush. <strong>When I get frustrated is when an 18 year old says, "Well we know we'll be together forever" First that sounds immature, but even moreso, if that's true, what's another 3 years? Date seriously and hold off on legally getting married. If you're really together forever, he'll still be there in 3 years' time.
    </strong>Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Yep.  Some of the best marriage advice I ever read was when I was a teenager and Paul McCartney was talking about his marriage to Linda which was more than twenty years strong at that point.  He said that their secret was that they both understand how fragile love is and that they know to work every day on strengthening the relationship because they know it could all be gone tomorrow either because one half of the couple dies or someone decides to leave the other.  In other words, they were mature enough to know that they didn't know they would be together forever.
  • I think you're too young if people look at you sideways and say "really?" when you declare you're engaged. And I say this because my mom married my stepdad after six months and no one questioned it. My FSIL and her husband were engaged after 3 months of meeting but both were older and financially responsible. Typically these quick engagements would raise eyebrows but no one questioned it because they were mature and if thats what they felt was right no one questioned it. I feel like when you're older you know who the "one" is a lot quicker cause your minded isn't clouded by teenage drama BS and you know what you want in a person. Alas, these marriages might end in divorce, but the statistics aren't really in favor of anyone who gets married these days. My FI and I are younger but we've been providing for ourselves for a while now and own our home, pay bills, etc etc. being financially independent and smart is one of the best indicators of being ready for marriage because it shows your maturity level and how you will react to situations that arise in marriage.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm split 50-50 on the age vs. maturity argument. I've never been a wild child and I thought I was mature at 18. At 24, I now know I was wrong. I was intelligent and possessed a great deal more common sense than most, but I was not mature. It is physically impossible to be truly mature at that age, since the brain is still growing and developing. I was responsible and smart, but if I'd gotten married then? I doubt it would have been the smooth transition it was in comparison to getting married last year.

I also roll my eyes at girls who come on here (and the nest) who have dated the same guy for over 4 years... but they're 18. I feel like any 'dating' before you're a legal adult just shouldn't count. It's puppy love.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-young-is-too-young-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:2d277ccc-3e60-4fc6-ba3e-00e25926a84fPost:bf3302dc-eab0-441b-8207-338278d32a68">Re: How Young Is Too Young?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm split 50-50 on the age vs. maturity argument.<strong> I've never been a wild child and I thought I was mature at 18. At 24, I now know I was wrong. I was intelligent and possessed a great deal more common sense than most, but I was not mature. It is physically impossible to be truly mature at that age, since the brain is still growing and developing.</strong> I was responsible and smart, but if I'd gotten married then? I doubt it would have been the smooth transition it was in comparison to getting married last year. I also roll my eyes at girls who come on here (and the nest) who have dated the same guy for over 4 years... but they're 18. I feel like any 'dating' before you're a legal adult just shouldn't count. It's puppy love.
    Posted by artbyallie[/QUOTE]

True.  My parents always said I was never a kid and was five going on thirty.  My brothers told me that I could have packed my bags at the age of seven, walked out the door and nobody would have worried about me because they knew I'd be fine on my own.  It didn't change the fact that if DH and I had gotten married the first time we were dating, we probably would have wound up divorced.  Despite all the maturity between us, we still had some more growing up to do and wound up getting married at 36 and 40. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-young-is-too-young-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:2d277ccc-3e60-4fc6-ba3e-00e25926a84fPost:bf3302dc-eab0-441b-8207-338278d32a68">Re: How Young Is Too Young?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm split 50-50 on the age vs. maturity argument. I've never been a wild child and I thought I was mature at 18. At 24, I now know I was wrong. I was intelligent and possessed a great deal more common sense than most, but I was not mature. It is physically impossible to be truly mature at that age, since the brain is still growing and developing. I was responsible and smart, but if I'd gotten married then? I doubt it would have been the smooth transition it was in comparison to getting married last year. <strong>I also roll my eyes at girls who come on here (and the nest) who have dated the same guy for over 4 years... but they're 18. I feel like any 'dating' before you're a legal adult just shouldn't count. It's puppy love.</strong>
    Posted by artbyallie[/QUOTE]

This. I LOOOOOVED my HS boyfriend. And we were, like, totally, going to get married one day.
    And then a year later I was like wtf I want to go to college and live a little.
  • I don't want to put an exact age on it, but I got side-eyes from the Californians at 23 for getting engaged, while my Arkansan friends were like, "FINALLY!" Then we broke up.

Funny aside --- we were watching Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth last week with my dad and mom, and I had to explain about Gretna Green. My dad laughed and told us that in his day (the 60s), Kentucky was the Gretna Green of Ohio. Bahahaha. Apparently somebody he knew in HS knocked up a THIRTEEN year-old, and her parents took them to Kentucky to get married. Ew, Kentucky, ew.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-young-is-too-young-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:2d277ccc-3e60-4fc6-ba3e-00e25926a84fPost:dfdaf4c0-abe5-46db-9ca5-84cf3d0a436e">Re: How Young Is Too Young?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Young Is Too Young? : Are you implying that geography had something to do with it?
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I am implying that people's expectations differ by geography. Notice that the next sentence, "And then we broke up," implies that people's approval or disapproval had no bearing on whether we were ready.

</div>
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-young-is-too-young-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:2d277ccc-3e60-4fc6-ba3e-00e25926a84fPost:dfdaf4c0-abe5-46db-9ca5-84cf3d0a436e">Re: How Young Is Too Young?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Young Is Too Young? : Are you implying that geography had something to do with it?
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I've gotta agree with her on this one Stage.  The last two to get married in my Cincinnati highschool class were me and one woman who moved to NYC after college.  We both got married in our mid thirties and almost all of our classmates got married between 21 and 25.  I look on facebook and see classmates posting happy 15th and 20th anniversary messages to their husbands and  pictures of their kids proms and I have to actually think about it and realize that, yeah, I actually would be old enough to have a highschooler.  DH's classmates from San Francisco mostly waited until their thirties to get married and almost all have kids under ten.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-young-is-too-young-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:2d277ccc-3e60-4fc6-ba3e-00e25926a84fPost:dbba0d84-bb7a-424f-825f-66b4005eaf26">Re: How Young Is Too Young?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Young Is Too Young? : This. I LOOOOOVED my HS boyfriend. And we were, like, totally, going to get married one day. And then a year later I was like wtf I want to go to college and live a little.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]
    Ha! This was totally me. We were so in love, talked marriage, etc. He convinced me to turn down all the college offers I got and go to the university in my hometown...then we broke up a day before school started. Sigh...now I use this story to educate my daughter.
  • I personally think its all about the life behind your years. I know 18 year olds who are more ready than those in their 40s. If you're ready to settle down and don't have an interest in all these "experiences" that "should" take place before marriage than that shouldn't make you any less ready. You can't put an age on it.....but people do.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers THw1PKynnBZ4fVUGLPN1j6BKQ8d6ARbX4jGydYMHvUQ,QezptEgimhvAOeg49lyOshWKDraDzrdno-lHdColcd8
  • I also think there's a lot to be said for growing up as a couple while you are unmarried. Although H and I knew early on we wanted to get married, we were together 6.5 years before we did. Like some of you have said, I was "old" for my age growing up. I considered myself to be more mature than a lot of people my age and did take on responsibilities for myself as a high school and college student.

However, I look back at H and I in our first few years of dating and am SO glad we did not get married. Although I might have been a mature individual, I think I was immature as an SO. A lot of that had to do with us being younger and this being the most serious relationship either of us had ever been in. So in that regard, I do think the older you are, the more ready for marriage you MIGHT be because chances are you have had other serious relationships and know how to be an SO. I know that sounds stupid, but being in a relationship is also more than being individually responsible. That is PART of it,, for sure. You need to be able to take care of yourself.

But in a relationship you also need to be selfless sometimes, you need to be able to admit when you're wrong and compromise. You need to be able to listen and occasionally put the others' feelings/wants/needs first. You need to know how to fight fair and respectfully. A lot of this you can't learn until you're in a mature relationship and have done some growing as a couple. I might have been paying my own bills and living on my own at 20, but I was an immature SO. I didn't communicate nearly as well as I should have, I didn't listen as well as I should have. These things would have been exacerbated if we were married, and I honestly don't know if we would have stayed married had we married young. It took us time to grow together in our relationship as a couple, not just as individuals. Now we DO have a respectful marriage. I'm not saying it's perfect, because I don't think any marriage can ever BE perfect.

But we are so much better at compromising, listening, communicating, and making decisions as a couple. As a teenager or even in my very early 20s, I was not ready for this. You may think you are or say you are, but it doesn't mean you are. I think people need to take a good look at their relationship, an honest look at it, and evaluate it before jumping into marriage.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-young-is-too-young-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:2d277ccc-3e60-4fc6-ba3e-00e25926a84fPost:fa738af9-3a9d-43a5-ae5c-13c3370bfda1">Re: How Young Is Too Young?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Young Is Too Young? : I've gotta agree with her on this one Stage.  The last two to get married in my Cincinnati highschool class were me and one woman who moved to NYC after college.  We both got married in our mid thirties and almost all of our classmates got married between 21 and 25.  I look on facebook and see classmates posting happy 15th and 20th anniversary messages to their husbands and  pictures of their kids proms and I have to actually think about it and realize that, yeah, I actually would be old enough to have a highschooler.  DH's classmates from San Francisco mostly waited until their thirties to get married and almost all have kids under ten.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

Yep geography....
    Watch the Say Yes To The Dress Shows
    Atlanta show has all the southern brides barely 21 where the east coast show has the 25+-30-40 something brides
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-young-is-too-young-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:2d277ccc-3e60-4fc6-ba3e-00e25926a84fPost:22c25d9e-64b5-4e86-8cc5-8843f3ee12af">Re: How Young Is Too Young?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Young Is Too Young? : Dude, it was a simple question for clarification.  Chillax.

<div>Not unchillaxed. Just esplaining my meaning. I merely meant that to one set of people I was a reckless youth; to the other, I was an old maid. In reality, I was completely un-ready to get married and nobody's opinion had any bearing on that fact. Except for the people in California, I suppose, because they all knew I was blindly in love with the world's largest douchecanoe. A brilliant douchecanoe, but a douchecanoe nonetheless. I just was immature and unwilling to see his flaws.</div><div>
    </div><div>ANYWAY, the internets are attributing a harsher tone to me than is warranted. </div>
  • I didn't believe geography had much to do with it until I lived in a ski town. Many of my friends I grew up with have kids in high school and have been married for 10-20 years. My friends here are all just now getting married and having kids in their 30's. I'm 38 and have a lot of single friends still. We have a peter pan complex around here.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-young-is-too-young-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:2d277ccc-3e60-4fc6-ba3e-00e25926a84fPost:0c23b760-0ca8-40aa-b394-4653005f801c">Re:How Young Is Too Young?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I personally think its all about the life behind your years. I know 18 year olds who are more ready than those in their 40s. If you're ready to settle down and don't have an interest in all these "experiences" that "should" take place before marriage than that shouldn't make you any less ready. You can't put an age on it.....but people do.
    Posted by JordynLeighx3[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>...How old are you?</div><div>
    </div><div>There's a difference between "willing" and "ready." Just because a young woman is "willing" to get married doesn't mean she is "ready" to get married.

</div>
  • I read a statistic somewhere (do NOT quote me) that said basically, the average age for first marriage in the south is, like, 23. The average age for first marriage in the north is, like, 28.
    Divorce rate in the south (using the same geographic lines) is 60%-ish and in the north is 40%-ish.

OK those numbers might be wrong, but the general correlation is that younger marriages = high divorce rate.

Those numbers shouldn't really shock anyone.
  • runpipparunrunpipparun member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-young-is-too-young-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:2d277ccc-3e60-4fc6-ba3e-00e25926a84fPost:3bb310d7-b291-4cd1-a30f-ad68a8600554">Re:How Young Is Too Young?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:How Young Is Too Young? : I agree. The only people who believe an 18 year old could possibly have more life experience than a 40 year old are 18 year olds.  You'll learn when you grow up, PP.  You don't know as much as you think you do. <strong> None of us did when we were teenagers.</strong>
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

<div>I was super wise to the world. I spent my Friday nights cruising up and down the main drag in town, parking in the Wal-Mart lot, playing Super Smash Bros. and Dance Dance Revolution. Wise, I tell you, wise.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-young-is-too-young-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:2d277ccc-3e60-4fc6-ba3e-00e25926a84fPost:13a62b0a-b283-4ff1-abc5-d2a06b20dbf0">Re: How Young Is Too Young?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guys, seriously, I WASN'T ARGUING THE GEOGRAPHY THING.  I was JUST ASKING FOR CLARIFICATION. Dayum.

Oh... I know you weren't arguing :)
    I just always thought that study was so interesting. Especially being from the south, and when I graduated from my university not engaged, I felt like such an outsider. Of course, the glory of FB has allowed me to watch many of these marriages completely unravel.
    My cousin is at the same school in the same sorority and feeling JUST like I did and I'm like, STAY the course! You don't need a 'ring by spring'!!!
  • I didn't feel an argument either, it's just an interesting thing to discuss.
  • No worries, Stage.
    Every single thing is just rolling off my back right now (points to ticker).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards