Connecticut
Options

Honey Moon Ideas from my fellow CT Brides??

My fiance and I are dreaming of where to spend our honey moon after we get married next July. We were thinking of delaying the honey moon until November (when it starts to get cold) and were trying to think of some exotic destinations. I saw some pictures of the Maldives and was floored at the beauty of the place. Anyone ever travel to the Maldives? Any other suggestions?
John & Christine - 7/14/2012 - Getting Married at the new Farmington Gardens! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honey Moon Ideas from my fellow CT Brides??

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You've got a PM :-) Or you will in a minute, anyway!

Anniversary

• Options
    LandB2012LandB2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We originally planned on the Maldives but it seemed a little too deserted for us....once you get to the island your hotel is on, you pretty much have to stay on that island (unless you're willing to pay the $500 seaplane fare to go to dinner on another island, lol)  However, on the flip side, I've heard it is GORGEOUS! 

We're using points and miles and figured we would spend way more than we wanted on food if we're required to do everything at the hotel.  So we're doing Tahiti instead but good luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just met with a travel agent to discuss options and she highly recommended Anguilla.  Unfortunately, it's out of our budget and there are no AI's so you'd have to worry about meals.  Our top choices at the moment are The Veranda Resort inTurks and Caicos and Secrets Maroma Beach Riveria. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How do I check my PMs???
    John & Christine - 7/14/2012 - Getting Married at the new Farmington Gardens! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nevermind, I just found the link for my PMs!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh how I'd love the Maldives!!!  But, we're going Antigua adn I can't wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lori.. We just booked are honeymoon at the Secrets Maroma Beach Riveria :) Our TA suggested it and we saw pictures from another couples experience there!! SO BEAUTIFUL I CAN'T WAIT!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nikki- I wanted to send you a PM but they changed the way profile pages look and I can't figure it out!  When are you going on your HM? I think my FI is leaning towards Turks and Caicos.  How long are you going for?
  • Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking for something adventurous, and have vacation time you can use, check out a transatlatic cruise- they happen in the spring and fall, we are going on a 2 week cruise from San Juan to Barcelona, Spain with stops in St. Marteen, Canary Islands, Gibralatar, Palma de la Malloroca and several other European ports. These cruises are SUPER cheap- they want to fill them- ours was under 2,000 for a balcony room for 2 weeks. The only snag is the airfare back from Europe.

Happy Planning! I also LOVED Costa Rica when I went there, and have heard great things about the Azores Islands!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lori G YGPM :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_honey-moon-ideas-fellow-ct-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:bb6f986d-cd3e-4f3d-9eb4-10101a29601bPost:1693887a-4429-408f-b163-0f59f22781ea">Re: Honey Moon Ideas from my fellow CT Brides??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lori G YGPM :)
    Posted by nikkir4[/QUOTE]
    Back at ya!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards