Ohio-Columbus
Options

Looking for a non-obnoxious DJ

I'm looking to book a DJ, who isn't annoying/obnoxious, will actually play what we request, and just be professional in general.  I'm not looking for a laser light show, tuxedo t-shirts, or talking into the mic all night w/his radio DJ voice.  

THANKS!

Re: Looking for a non-obnoxious DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can recommend the one we used to you. His name is Donovan Cooper. He owns CoopDog Producations. He can be found on FB as well. If you want his contact info, you can PM me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Chris Leas with Capitol City Sounds - we used him for our May wedding.  Super nice guy, owns the business with his BIL and is very professional.  If I met him on the sidewalk, I'd probably never guess he was a DJ because he's so low key, and that doesn't change during the event either (which was us was great because we weren't looking for cheese).  Rates are reasonable, and did exactly what we asked.  :)

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rob at Encore Entertainment is great!  VERY professional.  We were really pleased with his calm and organized style.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just booked Zac with Platinum Music Productions.  He's a young guy and the owner of the company is Justin Markle.  I wanted him, but he was already booked for my date so we're working with Zac.  I spoke with him about our vision of the music and he's on board with playing what we want and absolutely not playing what we don't want.  Platinum Music Productions is also one of the most reasonably priced company that I've seen.  They charge $695 for 5 hours and $795 for unlimited hours.  Some companies wanted to charge in the thousands but I refuse to spend that much.  If you go to weddingchannel.com you can read tons of reviews on them and they're all fantastic.  Platinummusicdj.com
  • Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David with Night Music - he was awesome, cannot recommend enough.  Not cheesy at all, just kept the dance floor packed all night long, MCed wonderfully!  I have a full review in my married bio (link in siggy) along with a link to Night Music's website.
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also had a great experience with Night Music. Jodi was amazing- not cheesy, but still enthusiastic, and played what we wanted from our playlist we gave her, but knew when to play the right song. She was amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards