Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Bachlorette Party -- I need destination ideas!

I can't sleep because I am up thinking about this, so I decided this is the perfect place to vent and then hopefully head to bed!

I am in a bachlorette party pickle.

Originally I wanted to go (and still do) to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. That got vetoed by several of my bridesmaids because they thought it would be too expensive to stay that weekend/too far to drive but too expensive to fly/its one girl's 30th birthday/another girl is giving birth ... etc. etc.. Basically one of my bridesmaids who is willing to plan it will plan if its ANYWHERE but there on Mardi Gras.

So now I'm trying to come up with another cool place to go (other than vegas because I've already been to 4, yes 4 bachlorette parties there.) I would love to do Miami but my ex lives there (is that a good reason not to go?) And I checked into Cabo but it is really expensive to fly there!

***I would like to go somewhere beachy or at least hot enough to lay out!
***Airfare needs to be under or around $300.
***Its about 12-14 girls who live all over the country.

HELP! Any ideas?Undecided

TIA...

Re: Bachlorette Party -- I need destination ideas!

• Options
    UAallison83UAallison83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about Savannah?  Tybee Island is about 10 mins outside of Savannah and has great beaches for laying out, and cute beach houses for rent for your whole party.  Then when you ladies want to head into town, there are great restaurants, several fun bars, and lots of stuff to do!  I love Savannah, and it is usually a really fun get-away.  I also can't imagine that airfare would be that bad.  If worse came to worse, everyone could fly into ATL and ride down if flying into SAV is too expensive.  What do you think?

• Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP, and I was thinking maybe somewhere in the pan handle, or maybe Virgina Beach? I havent been to VB, but I know a lot of people who LOVE it. I don't know if it will be warm in any of those places though...maybe Florida Keys?? GL HTH!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For what it's worth, I just left FL (Clearwater Beach) and it was not that hot. VA definitely will not give you much sunshine either. Going to the islands would probably be the only place that would guarantee weather hot enough to lay out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just about to say Savannah, too!  That's likely where I'll be having my bachlorette party next year because most of us can get to it rather inexpensively and it has a great party vibe that's not too out of control.  I just went to NOLA for Halloween and it's a mini version of Mardi Gras - just enough for me!  And you've got Tybee Island right next door for laying out.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards