Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

No Shiny Skin Wanted!!

Okay. So On a normal day when I wear makeup, within a few hours, my skin starts to take on that shine that nobody likes. Problem is, when I try to touch it up with some powder, it looks dry and flaky. What gives? Does anyone know of any makeup that keeps the skin matte without drying it out?? I'm getting married in June of next year and that last thing I want is a shiny forehead in all my pictures!

Re: No Shiny Skin Wanted!!

• I have oily skin and have never been able to find makeup that keeps the oil away all day.  However, I do have (and used for my wedding) oil absorbing sheets.  Sheseido makes awesome ones.  You just blot your face and it sucks up any shine.  They work great.
  • Depending on how oily your skin is, my recommendations include Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+, Revlon Colorstay and Estee Lauder Double-Wear (and I'm told Double-Matte is extreme oil control).  Find a good primer and finishing powder for your skin, too. Visit Sephora to experiment and get samples. 
  • The two best tricks:
    1. Dr. Feel Good by Benefit.  Use before foundation, but after moisturizer.  It has a ton of vitamins and will make your skin really soft.  Don't over do it though!
    2. Monistat's soothing care chafing relief powder-gel.  SERIOUSLY. It has the same ingredients as Smashbox's 'Photofinish' and works well.  No shine, no smell.

• Major problem for me!   If I use many common mattifying products, my skin is still shiny but with dry flaky patches.  My skin is the bane of my existence. Try dabbing some Clinique pore minimizer / mattifier on trouble spots after your moisturizer.  A little goes a long way -- still on my first purse size tube after a few months.  I follow with a Dior mattifying powder, but you can also go without anything.  Then oil absorbing sheets like those suggested by PP during the day.  And exfoliate all the time.  I love Aveda pure liquid exfoliant and Aveda exfoliating daily face scrub.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards