Wedding Etiquette Forum

Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

• Confession:  I buy chocolate chip cookie dough and freeze it, but don't really like to make the cookies - just eat the dough every once in awhile.  FI is always asking why I never make cookies and I get this guilty look on my face.

I also want to see the Spiderman movie.  And the Avengers was awesome - I have a crush on Mark Ruffalo, even when he is angry.  :P
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:dfac5b18-6d8e-4d27-a2df-df07d8feba5a">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : It is probably a security issue on his part. The shiiit they have to deal with day in and day out   makes them pretty paranoid.
    Posted by sparent2010[/QUOTE]

I guess I can never understand that. and I'm likely being irrational I just want to know that FI has made him aware that it is something that makes me uncomfortable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wish we had a Panera here...
    Anniversary
  • Which leads me to my confession:

I can't commit to having a kid because H won't commit to wanting a kid. He's afraid he won't be a good dad, so he's not 100%. I can't be 100% if he's not. I'm scared he'll agree to have a kid because I say I want a kid, then when the kid comes along, he's not an active parent, and then I'll resent him.

I'd rather have no kids, and a happy marriage with H than have kids, and resent my husband because he's not the father I would want him to be.
  • I have to start paying for birth control for the first time in my life and I'm irritated by it.  I've never had to go to a pharmacy to get birth control before.  This is completely irrational, obviously.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Lang I prefer cookie dough to cookies everytime. I make FI brownies just so I can eat the leftover brownie batter.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:ea5ac638-e5ab-4f89-b504-63da405770dc">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession:  <strong>I buy chocolate chip cookie dough and freeze it, but don't really like to make the cookies - just eat the dough every once in awhile. </strong> FI is always asking why I never make cookies and I get this guilty look on my face. I also want to see the Spiderman movie.  And the Avengers was awesome - I have a crush on Mark Ruffalo, even when he is angry.  :P
    Posted by Lang125[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I do this.  Except I make the cookie dough from scratch.

I bake half of it for H to eat and I <em>don't</em> bake the other half for me to eat.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:a9387db4-70a3-4eb1-9830-a8147f00b96c">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : The only good reason to TTC in my opinion, is because you want a baby now. It doesn't sound like you actually want a baby now. I think it's better to find out later that you can't conceive than it is to bring a baby into the world that you're not ready for. It sounds like if it were not for those issues, no way would you be trying now.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.  Wait. 
    Anniversary
  • I've never been to a Panera... We just finally got a Chipotle.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:2aab8c8f-87d1-436f-8e34-e0c8819f38c5">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : The wedding is at a B&B in a little town in Vermont...i don't see why carrying a loaded weapon is a necessity. But FI keeps telling me FFIL will say it is.
    Posted by kimandjosh22[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point.  I have yet to know of a B&B in the "bad part of town", that would constitute weaponry of that magnitude.

Is there a way to check with the B&B about personal firearms?  Some of the have rules about such things on the premises. 
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:fba6eb41-69b3-4999-9890-f36444786d51">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, I have a small I Don't Get It.  When people post an article and start out with, "Since it's slow around here..".  I mean, yeah it's slow.  Does that mean you wouldn't have posted it otherwise?  I mean, look at this thread.  It just naturally turned into a discussion without pointing out how slow it is.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have posted it otherwise.  It was just trying to get some discussion going. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:ff0adf21-9b97-4a4d-9079-6ef1cb290556">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I guess I can never understand that. and I'm likely being irrational I just want to know that FI has made him aware that it is something that makes me uncomfortable.
    Posted by kimandjosh22[/QUOTE]

You can't understand them being paranoid from potentially being in danger constantly?  Really?
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:05a4ada9-16bc-4631-8906-149793e9fb38">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which leads me to my confession: I can't commit to having a kid because H won't commit to wanting a kid. He's afraid he won't be a good dad, so he's not 100%. I can't be 100% if he's not. I'm scared he'll agree to have a kid because I say I want a kid, then when the kid comes along, he's not an active parent, and then I'll resent him.<strong> I'd rather have no kids, and a happy marriage with H than have kids, and resent my husband because he's not the father I would want him to be.</strong>
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

H decided the week after the wedding that he doesn't want <em>any</em> kids after all.

Good timing, bud.

I feel the exact same way you do with the bolded.
  • I miss the gold ole' days of things like the NY Mosque debate. It makes me wonder if there's just not that much interesting stuff going on in the world (which I hardly believe is the case), or people aren't interested in having discussions anymore (which people claim they like). ::shrug::
  • Totally unrelated, but my black lacy VS dress just came. Holy smokes is it tight and kinda slutty. I think I love it ;)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?:[QUOTE]Confession:nbsp; I buy chocolate chipnbsp;cookie dough and freeze it, but don't reallynbsp;like to make the cookies just eat the dough every once in awhile.nbsp; FI is always asking why I never make cookies and I get this guilty look on my face.Posted by Lang125[/QUOTE]

This! I don't allow myself to buy them anymore but I used to hide them under other stuff so FI wouldnt bake them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would way rather eat cookie dough than baked cookies.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• MK- H and I are the same way, except I'm the wishy washy one on the kids front. I'm worried that H won't be the active parent that I want him to be. His dad is a horrible person so he didn't have a good example of a dad. 
    I know he wants to be a good parent but I just don't think we have the idea of what that includes.. My parents have always been very active and supportive in my life and I want to be able to be like that for any kids we choose.
    We're still about 3 years away from the TTC talk and we talk about it every once in awhile.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:55cf0b78-0c62-4fb2-b194-1f4f5e28e77f">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Totally unrelated, but my black lacy VS dress just came. Holy smokes is it tight and kinda slutty. I think I love it ;)
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

Pics or GTFO.

Also, Adamar I was PIIIIIIIISSED when I got  health insurance and it didn't affect the cost of my BCP.
  • Kim and Josh often irrationally irritates me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:7b59d1ae-48e7-4f59-899e-0e708bbb9283">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : H decided the week after the wedding that he doesn't want any kids after all. Good timing, bud. I feel the exact same way you do with the bolded.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Do you want kids?

I mean right now I could take them or leave them (that makes me horrible doesn't it). That's probably why his inability to commit to having kids doesn't bother me/wasn't a deal breaker. I have no urging in my loins to pop little ones out of my nether region.
  • Now I want Panera.  But the nearest one that I know of is 30 minutes away.  H hates it for some reason, so I can only get it on my own.  

And I agree that the only good reason to start TTC is because you're ready for a baby now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:3d585bb7-7741-44f8-b009-758021752ba3">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Yeah, I do this.  Except I make the cookie dough from scratch. I bake half of it for H to eat and I don't bake the other half for me to eat.

I wish I could do this FI would eat it all. anything in any sort of packaging he polishes off in less than a week...seriously I never knew boys could consume so much.
  • That's alright Angel.  If I had your body I would wear tight and slutty stuff too.  (meant to be totally creepy)

except not really.  Your sig pics just seem to highlight the good parts and I am jealous is all. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I bake cookies I pretend the calories in the dough I eat beforehand don't count.
  • UO: I do not like Panera. There is one right by the office and I will only go there if I am desperate.

TTC/ Confession: Most of my GFs have had children in the last two years. None of them have had any difficulty getting pregnant, so I *know* Ill be the one that has issues.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:bf1e3cfc-1abd-4903-b109-8d24d8215820">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Exactly my point.  I have yet to know of a B&B in the "bad part of town", that would constitute weaponry of that magnitude. Is there a way to check with the B&B about personal firearms?  Some of the have rules about such things on the premises. 
    Posted by AbbeyS2011[/QUOTE]

Catch 22, I'm sure because its Vermont they have no such rules.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:5b1a0d99-778f-4daa-b5e3-bc91805b9e8c">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Edie - I tend to irrationally hate LIP threads anyways. And most of the time it's always the same posters which annoys me too.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

I hate clicking on links b/c I am a lazy asshoole, and I don't participate in most of those threads unless I feel strongly about the issue.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:7b59d1ae-48e7-4f59-899e-0e708bbb9283">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : <strong>H decided the week after the wedding that he doesn't want any kids after all.</strong> Good timing, bud. I feel the exact same way you do with the bolded.

<div>This would devastate me. I'm assuming that possibility came up before the wedding though. All of my dad's kids were "oopsies". I'm pretty certain he didn't orginally want any either. And he's a super awesome dad. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:dc223cea-8b60-4d3d-b96e-9becd89feddc">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Do you want kids? I mean right now I could take them or leave them (that makes me horrible doesn't it). That's probably why his inability to commit to having kids doesn't bother me/wasn't a deal breaker. I have no urging in my loins to pop little ones out of my nether region.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

When we started dating, he wanted three and I wanted a Yorkie.  I came around to thinking that a kid might be a pretty good idea.  But I don't seem to have a biological clock.  I'm telling him now that we should just adopt a 5 year old.  Prefereably a well behaved orphan with a trust fund. So, no kids is definitely not a dealbreaker for me.  There are pros and cons to both having and not having kids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards