Wedding Invitations & Paper

need help finding invites

I'm looking for invitations with raised printing on at least 100#. It's proving to be much more difficult than I thought. I've looked into William Arthur, but I'm not crazy about the designs. Anyone have a recommendation?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: need help finding invites

• Try Checkerboard.
  • Crane, Checkerboard, William Arthur (not the Truly book -- it's their budget book).

All of these vendors allow you to customize the invitations. Just because it's sampled that way doesn't mean it has to be that way. Checkerboard is much easier to customize (they have paper chips in the backs of their books so you can change layers easily). Crane and William Arthur will do it, but it costs a bit more and the request has to go through the quote department, so it can take longer too. But it's definitely a possibility.

If you look at the William Arthur books again and focus more of the size and weight of the paper, you can find out about customizing further.

What did you have in mind in terms of design?
    planning

• I love William Arthur but they just proved to be too expensive for me. I am having trouble finding comparable designs that are a little more affordable. If any one has any suggestions I would love to hear them too! I think its the classic look with the little swirls and whatnot that I really liked
  • Jano- I'm looking for a basic white 5x7-ish with a silver or pearl boarder. I also like a silver foil stamping design on top instead of the boarder. I want it to be mostly white with a little silver or silver-looking (like the pearl boarder).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • http://www.invitationsbydavidsbridal.com/Wedding-Invitations/Signature-Collection/2947-DB6166-Flawless-Border-Ecru--Invitation.pro

Something like this maybe?  It's thermograph printed and 130#.  You can get a free sample too.

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like that.
    Ok, question: is cover the same a stock? I'm thinking 130# cover is lighter than 100# stock; am I wrong? That suite has a folding response card, which means it's light weight. This is hard to do online! But I have wasted countess hours with local stationers only to find they don't have want I want.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would suggest just ordering the free sample and seeing if it's what you want.  It's free and it came within a week for me.
    130#cover is a pretty solid paper, 350gsm. 
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you compare 'cover' to 'text' or 'book.'  Stock refers to all of them.
    http://www.paper-papers.com/paper-weights.html

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No problem, good luck!

• http://www.etsy.com/shop/KelElizabethDesign

I got mine here - and she can basically do anything you want - and all of the custom design is free.. you just pay for the materials. I sent her 3 invites I really liked off of weddingpaperdivas.com and she put them all together to make what I was envisioning in my head :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards