Chit Chat
Options

i've had it with FMIL!!!! (kind of long vent....sorry)

on 12-2 i emailed fmil and asked her to get me names and addresses of FI's family because I needed to send STD's out ASAP. a week later I hadn't heard from her so I had FI call her and ask....she said she'd get them on tuesday to me through email.  Tuesday came....still nothing. i called and left her a voicemessage and got no response. On wensday she called to talk to our boys about what they wanted for christmas, I asked if she was able to get me names and addresses she responds with "when u order the invites I'll get them for you!!!" REALLY??? so again i told her i have STD's sitting here with postage ready to go out so i need this info...not only that, it would be nice to have a count in mind! so she said she'll get them at their christmas party which is only her side.....so we'll see what happens....FI and I are really almost over it.....if they come they come....why stress i guess!!! they live 7 hours away if anyones wondering why I dont just go get them...its a crazy situation!!! i never thought I'd pray for future families names and addresses to arrive in my inbox everyday!!!! thanks for letting me vent ladies!!!

Re: i've had it with FMIL!!!! (kind of long vent....sorry)

• Options
    Couldn't your FI figure this out? Seriously just have him call up whoever in his family needs an STD and get their address.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ive-fmil-kind-of-long-ventsorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7494fdfc-7668-4243-befa-9b004a4753b3Post:57bba129-345a-49e5-bb10-a87b55e8c44a">Re: i've had it with FMIL!!!! (kind of long vent....sorry)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Couldn't your FI figure this out? Seriously just have him call up whoever in his family needs an STD and get their address.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Ditto. 

Also OP, why are you asking from your FMIL family addresses at the 11th hour?  Knowing her generation, how she is, etc., a month's notice in advance would have been the more courteous and respectful thing to do.
  • Options
    This is something your FI should be dealing with since it is his mother.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ive-fmil-kind-of-long-ventsorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7494fdfc-7668-4243-befa-9b004a4753b3Post:f80c4ede-942e-4540-9f01-9df675e00ae2">Re: i've had it with FMIL!!!! (kind of long vent....sorry)</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is something your FI should be dealing with since it is his mother.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<strong>I agree with this!</strong>
    And if she doesn't get the list to you guys... too bad, so sad, looks like those folks aren't invited.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    You should have asked for the list earlier.  If she doesn't get you the info you asked for, you have two choices.  FI can call everyone up and find out himself, or you can just not send them STDs.  Either way, I don't see a big deal.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Do you and FMIL get along well? If not, I agree with the others in saying to give this task to your FI. Otherwise you will just add unnecessary frustration.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Are you talking about STD's or invites?  Frankly, if it's STD's you're making way too big a deal of this.  STD's are not all required.  You can still send people an invitation, even if you don't send them an STD. 

What you can't do is the opposite:  you can't send someone an STD and not send them an invite.

STDs are a relatively new invention of the wedding industry (by relatively new, I mean the last decade).  For years, people have planned and executed weddings without STD's.

So calm down.  This is not a hill worth dying on.  As long as you have addresses in time for the actual INVITATIONS, I think you're making more of this than is necessary.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    k.....thanks....i think since we just started planning and theres only a little over 4 months, and all our guest are atleast 4 hours away i felt the STD's were important. I seriously thank u for keeping me in check lol. 
  • Options
    Still - you need that list. This can be a tricky situation and it could start problems with your FMIL and yourself. AS others stated, I would def have FI get on top of this. He should be able to help you put together a rough list. Tell you FMIL that if you don't have the dates by x date then they won't be invited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards