Wedding Etiquette Forum

OK. SERIOUSLY.

Re: OK. SERIOUSLY.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ok-seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:11ad5ba2-7281-4a06-9237-c5f2c2980c1aPost:89994b9a-151d-4eb2-9111-b3bfd122e6df">Re: OK. SERIOUSLY.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm really sorry you even had to see that, P2.  I wish I could have somehow blocked it from view.  That is truly repulsive.  <strong>I ditto the boycott idea - I humbly suggest that people don't even send in "nice ones."</strong>
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

I agree.  They are looking for a reaction and that's what they are getting.  Even sending in comebacks just keeps the ball rolling. 

I don't mean that to sound insensitive either, I'm really sorry someone had to stoop so low to say that to you.  You are stronger than what they are trying to accomplish :) 
  • That's absolutely revolting.  Seriously.  Whoever posted that, you have some serious mental issues.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ok-seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:11ad5ba2-7281-4a06-9237-c5f2c2980c1aPost:a9b2c845-ef8e-4f99-a736-0de12726a075">Re: OK. SERIOUSLY.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OK. SERIOUSLY. : I agree.  They are looking for a reaction and that's what they are getting.  Even sending in comebacks just keeps the ball rolling.  <strong>I don't mean that to sound insensitive either</strong>, I'm really sorry someone had to stoop so low to say that to you.  You are stronger than what they are trying to accomplish :) 
    Posted by andressfrank[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I knew it would cause a reaction here...but I also figured if it weren't me to start it, someone else would.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ok-seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:11ad5ba2-7281-4a06-9237-c5f2c2980c1aPost:89994b9a-151d-4eb2-9111-b3bfd122e6df">Re: OK. SERIOUSLY.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm really sorry you even had to see that, P2.  I wish I could have somehow blocked it from view.  That is truly repulsive. <strong> I ditto the boycott idea - I humbly suggest that people don't even send in "nice ones.</strong>"
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

I concur whole heartedly with OWN. Is there a way that we can somehow bring this up to the people of tumblr as it violates some sort of something or another?
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• Sep72 - a lot of us emailed tumblr about our concerns when the site was first introduced to us. So far - no dice.
  • I feel like the people who are willing to boycott it are mostly people like you guys who won't send in mean callouts. I sent in a response directed towards the people who are going to keep looking at it and sending stuff in, regardless of what's right.

P2, I'm sorry you had to see that.
  • Maybe if we keep e-mailing it will show up on their radar? I have no idea. The person who invented the site is obviously a twat and has nothing better to do with his/her time.
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• P2, that's ridiculous. 

I'm honestly surprised that people here are that cold-hearted.  No matter if someone hasn't been nice to you or whatever, saying that about someone's husband is never OK. 

I e-mailed tumblr when the site first started, and I know many others did too.  I wish they would take action to remove the site.  I've stopped reading it.  The callout site is completely unacceptable. 
  • P2, that is so fuckedup, I'm so sorry :(:(  Whoever created that has no soul (NEITHER DOES THE PERSON WHO POSTED IT-FYI). 

i <3 you big time, punkinface.
  • And I agree that the best course of action is to start ignoring the site entirely.  No nice ones, no discussion.  I'm guilty, obviously, but I'm not going to even look at it anymore or acknowledge its existence.  It's the only way it will go away.

I hate that I don't feel "safe" here anymore.  I don't want to post personal things or pictures because of that site.  IT'S BULLSHIT.
  • Thanks Val, those are cute! And Kiki - I <3 you too.
    I really wasn't trying to draw attention to the site or AW or get love or whatever. I honestly just wanted to draw attention to how fuucked up this site actually is.
  • OMG P2, I am so sorry someone is that big of a fuucking douchebag. I hate that site.  And while I appreciate that people are trying to send in complimentary posts I agree with pps who want to boycott it. Like a bully, hopefully if we ignore it, it will go away. I'm deleting the link off my computer so I won't be tempted to look at it again.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm sorry P2 :(
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Wow I haven't been around here much and haven't been keeping up with the Callout site but that is just disgusting.  I'm so sorry, P2, and I hope you don't take that to heart at all.  Mark is very lucky to have you, you've been so strong and amazing throughout his illness, and I know that he and everyone else who matter know that.
  • I just don't know how the person who started the site sleeps at night.
  • That the fuucking fuuck!?!  That's completely uncalled for.  <3 you p2.
  • Wow. Making fun of appearances is one thing, but that....that is just vile. I don't really know you so I can't speak one way or the other was to your personality, but no one on here deserves that.

This is a perfect example of why I don't read the callouts. That poster should be completely ashamed of their very self and work a little harder at being an actual human being.
  • OMG. That is AWFUL. I am so sorry P2. My jaw dropped when I read that.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    That is absolutely vile.
  • All, I started a new thread for my response, b/c I think I'm going to need to sticky that one. 

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_callouts
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I'm sorry, P2.  That's really beyond ugly for someone to send that in.  And, in my opinion, whoever posted it went beyond the line of acceptability, even for a callout.  It's just wrong.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm really really sorry P2.  That is just crazy. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • P2 your not one of my fav people at all but I cannot imagine ever writing that sentiment.  I'm so sorry that someone was sick enough to post something so nasty.  I hope you're okay.
  • I wanted to come over and say too that is just plain awful.  No one should have to see/read something like that.  Honestly, I think you come off harsh sometimes but still, this is too far. 
  • P2, you are a strong and amazing woman who has given so much to her husband.  I'm so sorry that someone wrote that awful thing about you.

As I read in a book recently: "There is no time for anger"

People need to start learning to let it go.
  • edited August 2010
    I'd like to throw in some p2 love. You've gone through more this past year than I could handle. You're a stronger woman than me, woman. Mark is lucky lucky lucky to have you.
  • whoa. that's disgusting. fucked up.
  • That is horrible. I am sorry this happended to you. I think TN is even worse on some boards.
  • I'm fairly new around here and completely oblivious to half of the references the call outs make.. but no matter what you have said P2 you don't deserve that form of nastiness!

im thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
    RSVP Date October 3, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards