Missouri-St Louis

Larimore House Plantation...

I was just wondering if anyone had any info on this venue.  The website for it looks amazing.  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Larimore House Plantation...

• edited December 2011
    We went here and looked at everything. It is really out dated and old. There is no real bar and it was really tiny. Pictures are decieving. I am getting married at lafayette square in front of sqwires and then having a reception there. You should go check it out! Only 47 day! I know this is one of the biggest decisions, good luck! You shold also check out stlwed.com, that is where local brides are at.
  • VolimTebeVolimTebe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent an email to get general information and they were very prompt with a response.  They even called a few days after to make sure that I got the email.  Dena (I think that's her name) is the coordinator and she is the one who emailed and called which I thought was very nice, and she was so friendly and willing to help!!  They just seemed very accommodating.  I live in KY and my FI is from ST louis so when I sent for info I had no idea that they were on the other side of town from where our ceremony is going to be. Because of their location they aren't an option anymore.  If they would have been closer I would have at least gone to check them out because they were so friendly.  I've met with a lot of vendors and they haven't been so nice so I feel like that makes a big difference :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest going to the venue to check it out in person.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding and reception at Larimore at the beginning of July.  The outdoor ceremony there was gorgeous...I loved it and the bride rode the horse carriage in.  The reception area inside is a little outdated, but it looked very nice once it was all decorated.  I know they got a ton of compliments on the place as well.  I would definitely check it out!  However, I remember having to wait forever to get all of our food for the sit down dinner....and our tables were on the dance floor, so we didn't have a table to sit at after we ate cake. 
  • edited December 2011
    I lovveed the pics on the website but when I went it was VERY disappointing! It wasn't like nice old (like lemp mansion) it was just old old. The outside is gorgeous! but if it rains the little chapel which reminded me of little house on the prarie was nothing that great... then when we went to see the reception area it literally smelled.. i was horrified and they said they had a wedding there in a a few hours and it was incredible hot in there! The smell alone turned me off.. it was a huge let down.. I would definately go see it yourself! This could just be my opinion but I feel like the potential that place has was def. wayyy off from what I saw! 
  • pretteonepretteone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Don't waste your time honey!  The decor of the place is outdated and the owners were pretty rude.  That was my experience working with someone on another wedding, but they left a LASTING bad impression.  I wouldn't refer anyone to them.  Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cinndrecinndre member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First off!!! im getting married there september 2. Dena is the one who is the coordinator and she is AMAZING and one of the sweetest ladies ever. It is and has an old look and feeling but its beautiful you guys just cant appreciate the history behind it. you wont find a place like Larimore anywhere around here especially with all the accomodations! a ready made chapel in case it rains. you guys are idiots! i would recommend this place to any bride! dont say you know it if you arent in it and actually having your wedding there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards