Not Engaged Yet

Mashed Cauliflower

I have some leftover cauliflower from making the pizza crust a few days ago, now I'm thinking I'm going to use it to make mashed cauliflower to accompany tomorrow's dinner. So, does anyone have any good mashed cauliflower recipes?

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg

Re: Mashed Cauliflower

• Look at my blog I just posted a recipe last week for cheesy mashed cauliflower and it was really good. The link to my blog is in my signature.

Anniversary

• I made mashed cauliflower from SkinnyTaste on Friday & it was so so good: 

1 head cauliflower, cut up into florets
    4 cloves crushed garlic
    1/3 cup 1% buttermilk  (I actually used reduced-fat sour cream instead of this)
    salt & pepper to taste
    1 tbsp light butter

Steam/boil cauliflower & garlic until soft. Drain. Add buttermilk (or sour cream), light butter, salt & pepper & puree with a hand blender (I used a regular blender).  

Makes 4 servings.  

• I just steam it till it's super soft and falling apart, throw it in the food processor with several large spoonfuls of Brummel and Brown and just a splash of skim milk. Then I add S&P when I get it on my plate.
    But rdr's recipe looks way better and I think I'm gonna try that :)
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Thanks y'all! danser, yours sounds deeeelish and it looks so simple. I might have to add some cheese to my mashed cauliflower! rdr, can I use regular milk, or half-and-half? Or does it have to be sour cream? I can't buy buttermilk because my supermarket only sells it in a quart sized container; I'm not gonna buy a whole quart just so I can use 1/3 of a cup and the rest will go bad. beanbot, what's Brummel & Brown?

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mashed-cauliflower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:23b49af8-1515-4e03-9979-569e51ac102fPost:ce5688b2-c09c-4593-be9c-fc731e5b75ea">Re: Mashed Cauliflower</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks y'all! danser, yours sounds deeeelish and it looks so simple. I might have to add some cheese to my mashed cauliflower! <strong>rdr, can I use regular milk, or half-and-half? Or does it have to be sour cream? I can't buy buttermilk because my supermarket only sells it in a quart sized container; I'm not gonna buy a whole quart just so I can use 1/3 of a cup and the rest will go bad.</strong> beanbot, what's Brummel & Brown?
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

<div>I guess you could use any of that. I substituted reduced-fat sour cream for the same reason, but wanted to still keep the points low. </div>

• OMG.  FI does.  I'll ask him.  He made cauliflower taste like alfredo sauce the other day.  NOM!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mashed-cauliflower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:23b49af8-1515-4e03-9979-569e51ac102fPost:3d16860c-2fdb-4d9d-8b45-0e51ebc063f3">Re: Mashed Cauliflower</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG.  FI does.  I'll ask him.  He made cauliflower taste like alfredo sauce the other day.  NOM!
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

<div>How is this possible?  I demand a recipe.</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I boil it in chicken broth until it's soft, then keep it on the heat (without draining it) while I mash it down.  That lets most of the liquid cook out and leave the flavor from the broth behind.  Then I finish the mashing with a handblender and add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.

Last time I made it, I ate the entire batch in one sitting.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mashed-cauliflower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:23b49af8-1515-4e03-9979-569e51ac102fPost:ff365977-42f7-4887-b909-9f797e7413ff">Re: Mashed Cauliflower</a>:
    [QUOTE]I boil it in chicken broth until it's soft, then keep it on the heat (without draining it) while I mash it down.  That lets most of the liquid cook out and leave the flavor from the broth behind.  Then I finish the mashing with a handblender and add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese. Last time I made it, I ate the entire batch in one sitting.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

This sounds fantastic... Come make me some???
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mashed-cauliflower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:23b49af8-1515-4e03-9979-569e51ac102fPost:1b284895-834f-418a-8773-c29efe31aa8c">Re: Mashed Cauliflower</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mashed Cauliflower : This sounds fantastic... Come make me some???
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

Sure!  Be there in a few...  uh, days?
  • I want to try this trick on Greg... see if he can tell
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards