Honeymoon Discussions

costa rica

Any advice or thoughts on a Costa Rican honeymoon??? We would be going this July... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: costa rica

• FI and I went to Costa Rica this December and loved it.  It was great for us because we wanted to go someplace warm but didn't want to just sit on the beach for a week.  There were lots of activities to do and the country is very tourist friendly (you don't really need to know Spanish).  We went horseback riding, did zip-lining through the rainforest canopy, hiked up part of a volcano, and relaxed in natural hot springs. I also felt that we got a great deal for the ammount of money we spent.

I'm not sure about July.  You might want to check if that is rainy season in the area you are visiting.
  • We are going to Costa Rica in June. We're doing the sea turtle package sponsored by Selva Banadito Lodge and Preserve. The rainy season does start in June and go through September, but it is high season for sea trutles which should be awesome for us. I think the Pacific side gets less rain than the Caribean, so maybe check on that if you're worried about rain?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Fi & I just booked our HM to Costa Rica this week. It came highly recommended from lots of friends who have been there. To help us, we used Vacations Costa Rica to plan it. They have standard itineraries you can choose from or you can tell them what you like and customize it. They were super helpful and I'm very excited. We are going in early August. I read on tripadvisor that there is a small break in the rainy season from mid July to mid August--I hope they're right.

We are going to be doing horseback riding, zip lining, rapelling, hiking up the volcano (Arenal), white water rafting, and ending the trip at a beach all-inclusive resort. We will be there for 9 nights.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards