Not Engaged Yet

WTF?! My high hopes for the Divergent movie are being dashed :(

I have to rant about this! They are thinking of casting the main girl from Secret Life of the American Teenager as the main character in the Divergent movie. I guess I should have seen such horrible casting coming seeing that the same studio that came out with the Twilight movies. :(

Re: WTF?! My high hopes for the Divergent movie are being dashed :(

• Wasn't she nominated for a Golden Globe for The Descendents? I thought I heard that she's a pretty good actress. I've never see her in anything, though. Who did you picture playing Tris?

• From what I've seen she is a horrid actress. I really cannot stand her in Secret Life and her character in that show might just ruin her any other part for me. She was nominated (but didn't win) for the Golden Globe for the Descendents, which I admit I've never seen but besides that I just don't think she looks the part. Tris is supposed to short, a little plain looking, and bad-ass. I just can't picture Shailene Woodley doing this part well. She is also a little old for the part, Tris is only just turning 16 in Divergent.

I pictured Abigail Breslin.

My friend Jessica picture Anna Sophia Robb http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1455681/

I would've been happy with either. Actually I'm sure there are a lot of actresses I would've been happy with other than her. I'll still go see the movie of course and try to keep an open mind about her but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they cast someone else.

• I haven't read the book (it's on my list!), but I've heard good things about her in The Descendents. 

I hate it when the actors they pick for movies don't match your vision from reading the books. I was so happy that the Harry Potter actors mostly matched up with the pictures I had in my head.
  • I haven't read the books yet but I never been a huge fan of Shallene Woodley, even in the descendants I though it was just her from a Secret life.... hmmmm...

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wtf-my-high-hopes-for-the-divergent-movie-are-being-dashed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:28f49ae2-bdd3-4f7d-a59c-227311cd906fPost:3eb0c4b5-6fd4-439a-b7ef-213524a22060">Re: WTF?! My high hopes for the Divergent movie are being dashed :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't really have an actress pictured for Tris, but this girl doesn't match the image I had in my head. <strong>I definitely don't see Abigail Breslin..she's not badass enough, IMO.</strong>
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]

I don't think she has played a role where she is as badass as Tris but I think she has the acting ability to do so.

I've been thinking about it though and I think maybe an unknown actress would've been the way to go with this part.

• I haven't read the book yet, so I can't speak to whom I would picture in the role, but I will chime in and say that Woodley is a much better actress than what you see in Secret Life. The writing in that show is abysmal. It would be difficult for any actor to do a decent job. Give her a chance. If you watch The Descendants, you'll feel better. I mean, hey, at least it's not Kristen Stewart, right?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards