Snarky Brides

Nostalgia Post

I was just thinking about what I remember from when I first started lurking/posting.  I think the very first drama-riffic post that I can remember seeing is that someone's husband (maybe Whitsy's?) wanted to quit his job to ride horses in the rodeo or something, and everyone on the board called him a diick, and I think whoever it was GBCK'd.  (Sorry if it wasn't you, Whit, but I associate you with that one for whatever reason.)

What's the first big thing you can remember from when you started lurking/posting?

I lurked during the whole Callout Board thing too.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

Re: Nostalgia Post

• Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I started posting in the middle of the board war.  Thats all I have to say about that, lol

Also, the old knotties who left to go to the Caribbean board were still posting for a few months here.  And then after they left, they used to come over for an "invasion" and make fun of us.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I started around the time that that troll said her FI worked at a hospital in NY and was hurt helping an older guy out of the street. Someone did research, and nothing like that happened around that time. I think her name was Kate something.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I started posting right after the board war and there was a lot of hatting going on.  Yikes.

Nebb, J&K, Bec, Cew all intimidated me a lot.  Which is so weird to me now, because they are all such lovely people.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nostalgia-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c1eca016-3165-4e11-a547-0bc911917643Post:f04c8d6f-18e0-475b-975e-0641083e7e27">Re: Nostalgia Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah, the banninations were going on when I joined.  Or the continued bans, I guess I should say.  Snippy was one of them.  And there was quite a bit of animosity between the boards.   What else.  OH.  The whole Switzerland sig thing with Any wasn't too long after that, either. <strong>And there was some poster who claimed her BF/FI (?) got hit by a car when he was trying to help an old guy or something and then died a couple of days later.  But I think that whole thing was proved to be false?</strong> Good times.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I remember that.  KateC.  I can't believe someone would make that up.  Wow, just wow.  Even thinking about it irks me.
    panther
  • I started lurking right around the time of the "Chelseanewb" phase. (Early to mid July maybe?) I would say the first dramatic thread I read was the FFF with July2011Bride that went on forever.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nostalgia-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c1eca016-3165-4e11-a547-0bc911917643Post:6f4373e1-a0ca-41ca-8df3-d8a101487ae2">Re: Nostalgia Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]First time I ever really remember posting on SB was in an intro thread for this girl named Caitlyn who was a moron. It went on for hours. I was traveling at the time, and I was in a hotel room with my parents trying to stifle laughter while they slept.  That night was the first time I actually interacted with anyone. I had posted a couple times before, but didn't really talk to anyone and no one replied (I think).  I remember aprov was really, really mean to the dumb girl, J&K tried reasoning with her,<strong><u> and Blue was officially the first SBer who I had a nice interaction with</u></strong>. 
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

See?  Im not always an asshole.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The first thread that I remember interacting with people in was the one where the MC shiit started finally blowing up, and I think that was on E.

• I don't remember who flamed me or for what (probably for being a drama llama, lol) but I do remember the first time I was flamed it really, really hurt my feelings.  I felt terrible.
    panther
  • Oh feck, no one will even know what I am talking about if I mention stuff that was happening when I first started posting. Ramey was pimping her at home destination wedding, stefibeth had her quadboob turned into a kaleidascope, tandy was still a troll.
  • Duds- you joined a few months after me, but I dont remember you back then.  Were you not posting here?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nostalgia-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c1eca016-3165-4e11-a547-0bc911917643Post:ecc55693-c65b-4e21-991a-15360ad1d62b">Re: Nostalgia Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh feck, no one will even know what I am talking about if I mention stuff that was happening when I first started posting. Ramey was pimping her at home destination wedding, stefibeth had her quadboob turned into a kaleidascope, tandy was still a troll.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    You're like the crotchety old man of this board.

• I started posting when there wasn't really a TON of drama going on. But the kiki vs SB stuff was pretty volatile at that time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nostalgia-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c1eca016-3165-4e11-a547-0bc911917643Post:c83bbb1a-4851-4eb7-bbe9-ef295452a6bd">Re: Nostalgia Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nostalgia Post : I remember that.  KateC.  I can't believe someone would make that up.  Wow, just wow.  Even thinking about it irks me.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Same here.  I felt sooo bad for her and then when I found out it was fake, I seriously flipped my shiit.  Who would pretend about that kind of stuff.  That chick is going to hell for sure.
    Anniversary
  • Now I really want to know whose husband it was that wanted to be a cowboy.  Or rodeo guy.  I don't know what you call it.

Does anyone have a fuucking clue what I'm talking about?

• It's like you're speaking Greek, Nebb.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nostalgia-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c1eca016-3165-4e11-a547-0bc911917643Post:94ef0d6c-e0e4-43fb-9a99-b67c73e41666">Re: Nostalgia Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nostalgia Post : I think you mean SummerBride.  There is a JulyBride, but she hasn't (as far as I know) had any major drama. 
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

YES! Sorry, I always get them confused and I don't know why.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nostalgia-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c1eca016-3165-4e11-a547-0bc911917643Post:9ee5724a-3364-4fbc-abef-0f670625fa20">Re: Nostalgia Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's like you're speaking Greek, Nebb.

Geiá sou fíle
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nostalgia-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c1eca016-3165-4e11-a547-0bc911917643Post:81a04885-9b0d-4877-b368-dc0e3568338c">Re: Nostalgia Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Now I really want to know whose husband it was that wanted to be a cowboy.  Or rodeo guy.  I don't know what you call it. Does anyone have a fuucking clue what I'm talking about?
    Posted by Smash Adams[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am pretty sure that was Whit's H.  He was also always taking sides with his mom and stuff if I remember correctly.  She didn't post for quite a while but she's been back.  I think (hope) everything got worked out.
    panther
  • I started lurking right around the time that Lala and Mrs. E had it out and Mrs. E GBCK'd.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nostalgia-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c1eca016-3165-4e11-a547-0bc911917643Post:c73a1547-376f-47e1-a2f9-b2263a16eef7">Re: Nostalgia Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nostalgia Post : Yeah I am pretty sure that was Whit's H.  He was also always taking sides with his mom and stuff if I remember correctly.  She didn't post for a quite a while but she's been back.  I think (hope) everything got worked out.
    OK.  I thought so.  I noticed that she was back, and I don't mean to stir up old shiit, was just curious.  Hope everything worked out for them.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nostalgia-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c1eca016-3165-4e11-a547-0bc911917643Post:7e782461-670e-4dcd-804b-20de6ae3ec62">Re: Nostalgia Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of the first things I remember was after P2 got married and some horrible person on E told her "pics or it didn't happen."  She hadn't posted pics because her H was going through cancer treatments and didn't want pics of himself on the web at that time.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]
    That would be bbycakes.<div>
    </div><div>I started posting right before the format change. I remember lurking on the old AFSB. If newbs think we are all about our little culture with no room for outsiders, they should have seen that board. I swear every post was an inside joke. They used to have GTGs at someone's cabin somewhere that looked way fun. </div><div>
    </div><div>I remember P2 and who was the other person that used to be a bitch that had pippi longstocking in her sig? </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nostalgia-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c1eca016-3165-4e11-a547-0bc911917643Post:7381ab09-203c-4bdd-9418-bd35daceca28">Re: Nostalgia Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nostalgia Post : Yeah, I've seen her over on E lately.  I can't put my finger on it but she annoys the crap out of me.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Lol jcb.  I think I know what you mean - she is kinda naive or unaware sometimes.  But she's a sweetie.
    panther
  • I joined during the CallOut site thing. It scared me back into hiding lol. I also stupidly said I didn't like big rings (I meant on me but it wasn't coming out that way) and Blue called me out on it lol. Then I changed my username because I had created my username before I found the boards and it had my lastname.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can remember reading the Callout posts that went on FOREVER.  And when someone figured out who they thought it was.  And Heels' GBCK.  And amoro getting banned.

• The only thing that's sticking out right now is Andy's (right?) buffet-gate.  I know I'd been posting for a little while by then, though.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • There was an argument between Snips/Amoro and Fish a little while after I started posting, which was kind of intense and involved them arguing at each other even though they were blocking each other, lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nostalgia-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c1eca016-3165-4e11-a547-0bc911917643Post:884a0fd6-e18e-46d2-b330-b5a561750434">Re: Nostalgia Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]There was an argument between Snips/Amoro and Fish a little while after I started posting, which was kind of intense and involved them arguing at each other even though they were blocking each other, lol.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    Heh.  I remember that, too.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nostalgia-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c1eca016-3165-4e11-a547-0bc911917643Post:352693a8-790d-4f48-bb8b-f12c89f0a110">Re: Nostalgia Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nostalgia Post : Heh.  I remember that, too.
    Posted by Smash Adams[/QUOTE]

I think the only reason that it worked was because people were quoting the both of them so that they could see it, haha.
  • Oh the things I remember.

- there was a beebee who had all these issues and another poster reached out to her and it somehow turned out they were the same persona nd it was really weird.

- some poster named ITSMEEEEE, I cant remember what she did but I remember tons of drama

- Inferiortokaos, who busted in and posted pics of her posing in her underwear as motivation for other people who had body issues and claimed to be a suicide girl, then it turned out she wasnt and just had a membership to the site lol 

• It was Whit's H who wanted to be a professional bull rider.  They separated for a while, and were close to divorcing, I believe.  Apparently it's all ok now and he has a real job.

It was CaCoffer/BBycakes who had the throwdown with P2.  She had a new SN on the nest - ClaireHuxtable, but I haven't seen her post in a long time.

I found the boards back in the old P&E days when they ate their own young.  I was so scared of posting for a long time - newbs were not treated nicely.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards