North Carolina

Monti Hall (Venero's Pizzeria,) Gregory Vineyards, and other Garner, NC Venues

Hello!
I'm a recently engaged budget bride looking for a reception venue. Fortunately, we're covered for the ceremony, but we need an inexpensive and local reception spot, preferably with inexpensive catering. I like Monti Hall a lot - the price is right and I have good childhood memories at the affiliated pizza parlor, Venero's. My dad and some other family members (both mine and the groom's,) though, worry that it's too similar to getting married at a pizza joint and that the exterior isn't elegant enough. Has anyone gotten married there? What did you think?

My dad likes Gregory Vineyards in Benson, but I'm concerned about price and coordinating with an outside caterer. Has anyone had any eperiences with them? I haven't had the chance to view it in person yet, but my parents think it's beautiful. 

Thanks for any help! I'm also interested in exploring other options, so if anybody else has inexpensive, indoor locations in the area with which they've had positive experiences, please share!

Thanks!

Re: Monti Hall (Venero's Pizzeria,) Gregory Vineyards, and other Garner, NC Venues

• I don't know what Monti Hall is, but I like Gregory Vineyards! I actually just took some Gregory Vineyards wine glasses out of my dishwasher today! haha We looked there for my wedding, but, depending on the size of your wedding, there isn't much reception room.  It would be a beautiful ceremony, though.  If I didn't have so many people on my guest list, the inside is cute and the people there are very nice!
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sjb1024sjb1024 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_monti-hall-veneros-pizzeria-gregory-vineyards-and-other-garner-nc-venues-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:095c2d41-0c52-44f2-92a3-b16f870d17f6Post:bc56ac6c-3380-4884-8e4e-752ca9b7386c">Re: Monti Hall (Venero's Pizzeria,) Gregory Vineyards, and other Garner, NC Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know what Monti Hall is, but I like Gregory Vineyards! I actually just took some Gregory Vineyards wine glasses out of my dishwasher today! haha We looked there for my wedding, but, depending on the size of your wedding, there isn't much reception room.  It would be a beautiful ceremony, though.  If I didn't have so many people on my guest list, the inside is cute and the people there are very nice!
    Posted by mrskloop[/QUOTE]
     <div>Thanks for the reply. We're keeping the reception small, under 100 guests. Can it accomodate that many?  I'll be visiting eventually for more details, but I work in retail, so now is a bad time to travel. We're doing the ceremony at my future in-laws' church, so we just need a reception site. And if you're curious about Monti Hall, the website is <a rel="nofollow" href="http://http://venerospizzeria.com/">venerospizzeria.com</a> . The pictures of the interior of the catering hall on the website don't do it justice. It's much nicer in person.</div>
  • Yeah, we were looking at it with 150 guests and it would have had to be split up into 2 rooms, but I think 100 should be fine in there without having to have everything in 2 rooms the whole time. 
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards