Wedding Invitations & Paper

When to order place cards

Wedding is 9/1, I asked for responses back by 8/15.  I'm sure there will be a few stragglers, so I'm shooting to have all responses back by 8/20.  That gives me a little under 2 weeks to order place cards.  I don't why this just hit my all of a sudden.  Sould I order them all ahead of time and trash the one's I dont need?  Is 12 days enough?

Re: When to order place cards

• aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    We're getting ones we can print ourselves for exactly this reason so that might be worth looking into. Or a local calligrapher.

But mostly I wanted to say that your Boston in adorable :)
    Lizzie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_when-to-order-place-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:4e8df76f-1d9a-4cc6-a597-2341bf925146Post:ff548f57-29ec-47dc-b64d-378c6b7082e1">Re: When to order place cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting ones we can print ourselves for exactly this reason so that might be worth looking into. Or a local calligrapher. But mostly I wanted to say that your Boston in adorable :)
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

Yours too!  We LOVE our Bostons, great dogs!

Thanks for the advice, I'll probably do one's I can print on my own.
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    ^How many do we have? We have two, and I think they're the bomb :P
    Lizzie
  • I worked at a stationery shop doing wedding invites and such, and two weeks was about our timeframe for getting place card information. It does not take that long to print those, so as long as you've picked out what style you want so they can order stock, then getting the cards printed should not take long at all. Some people gave us their last few place cards the day before the wedding and we got it done. Different stores have different policies, but stationers understand that you simply don't have place card information until closer to the date. I'd talk to your stationer about this before settling on DIY.
  • Good question, I hadn't really considered it....good use for DIY? :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_when-to-order-place-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:4e8df76f-1d9a-4cc6-a597-2341bf925146Post:65872bc5-69f5-4213-b200-b31455e892ab">Re: When to order place cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]^How many do we have? We have two, and I think they're the bomb :P
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

Me and my guy have one, my sister and BIL have one, and my parents have one.  They are weird, neurotic little dogs but we love them nonetheless. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards