Snarky Brides

My little sister...

... has been abandoned by the FHBIL (that's the future hosebeat-in-law) at a San Dimas hotel.  Yell

I'm so angry!  I opted out of the wedding -- or, rather, I opted out of traveling to California to be fitted for a handmade bridesmaid dress and let the FHBIL kick me out of the wedding party, although not before she posted all over FB about needing "a hired asshole" to deal with her bridesmaids so she wouldn't have to.  Whathefuckever.  But my little sister felt like she owed it to our brother to see it through and drove out to California with him at 1 AM so she could make an early morning fitting.

So what happens?  Our brother crashes at his FI's house (technically her parents' house since she still lives at home), exhausted from driving all night, and leaves my sister to find a hotel where she can wait until FHBIL is ready to contact her with all of the details of the fitting. (In the FHBIL's "defense" -- such as it is -- she did offer to let my sister stay at her parents' house...  aftera huge fight in which my brother informed his FI that if his sister was out of the wedding, he was too.)

My sister just called me from her hotel.  Crying.  Because after all of this ridiculousness, it turns out that the FHBIL scheduled my sister's fitting for tomorrow -- not today -- for the same time that she is having her engagement pictures taken.  My brother didn't know that she double-booked the appointments.  And since FHBIL says it's impossible to reschedule either of them, my sister is now expected to either attend the fitting alone or chaperoned by FHBIL's mother.

Andalso, FHBIL apparently made party plans for tonight to welcome my brother "home" to SoCal (he moved to Arizona five years ago...) and was so grudging about extending the invitation to my sister that my sister knows she isn't welcome and has decided to spend the weekend alone in her hotel.  Playing Mortal Kombat and watching NCIS in between crying bouts.

This is just a vent.  Rawr.  RAWR!  I have been painfully polite throughout this entire wedding drama but I think I'm finally read to punch face. 

Re: My little sister...

• Ugh that would piss me off!!! How old is your sister?
  • Can she umm, catch a flight home tonight?  That sucks.
  • I will happily drive out to SoCal and punch FHBIL in the face, and be all "THAT'S FOR BEING A RAGING TWAT" and then disappear. Just throwing that out there.
  • She's 25, so ... not that little, I suppose. I''m sure she's physically fine on her own for the weekend, but I know it hurts to have been pressured into making the trip and abandoned once she's there.  :(

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_little-sister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:44d6a942-235f-4cf6-8528-687235574c6dPost:ff60e25f-fcb6-4f88-8043-7a62ff27c846">Re: My little sister...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will happily drive out to SoCal and punch FHBIL in the face, and be all "THAT'S FOR BEING A RAGING TWAT" and then disappear. Just throwing that out there.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Ha!  And this is why I <3 you, Any. 

I am currently stalking TK.  I know she posts on the forums but I don't think she's on the international boards. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_little-sister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:44d6a942-235f-4cf6-8528-687235574c6dPost:e739ae94-f848-4caa-912c-7bf51090b7c2">Re: My little sister...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My little sister... : Ha!  And this is why I <3 you, Any.  I am currently stalking TK.  I know she posts on the forums but I don't think she's on the international boards. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh good, cause I am severely lacking in upper body strength and would in no way actually be able to carry that out.</div>
  • Hosebeast is right! Holy shiit. I certainly hope she's better to your brother than she is to your sister. Jeeeez. And I give your sister a lot of credit. I would have dropped out of that wedding forever ago, or insisted on standing up on your brother's side instead of hers.
    Wuppikins loves you!

"Hater-ade is full of disrespectrolytes" - Mehg
  • I feel like your brother should really rectify this situation. Your sister has gone way above and beyond to be there for him. This is crap, and he needs to say so.
  • I'm also incredibly mama-bear about my 25-year old "little" sister. :)

And maybe... your brother will carry out his threat to pull out of the wedding? We can all hope. Or talk to some friends of Cousin Paulie.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • I agree Jas. He's fought with his FI about this more than once and came close to breaking the engagement a month or so ago. He seems to have this idea that she will change after they are married and the "wedding stress" is no longer a factor.  =\
  • Umm San Dimas is not that far from me. I can you know handle business if you need me to and have FI drive the get away car.
  • What. Thefuck.
  • Seriously? What a see-ya-next-Tuesday. I hope your brother calls it off, and soon.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Boy, if anyone ever did that to either of my little sisters, I'd slap them silly. What a horrible person!

• The amount of four-letter words swimming through my head in regard to this situation is incredible. What a bitch. I get where you're coming from celles. I get really overprotective of my next youngest sister and she's 23.

Ugh. I hope your brother wakes up soon. What a terrible, terrible wench.
  • Ok, next to your FHBIL, my PITA Bitch of a SIL sounds like a saint.  How you haven't box kicked her is beyond me.  Your sister sounds like a genuinely sweet soul and didn't deserve this.  Your brother needs a SERIOUS wake up call. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards