Not Engaged Yet
Options

So maybe this will take things up a notch!

Ok, I don't know if this was the kind or excitement this board wants/needs, but....
I know we all love out SO/BF/FI/DH's to itty bitty bits, but what is the one thing that they do that just drives you up that wall?

For me, its the hours (and I mean HOURS) spent playing ps3 online  (currently Borderlands) with his friends. I hate that it could be 2 hours after I get home from a long day until my presence is noticed! I know that its his version of knotting and/or wine with friends, but ugh!

So, what about you ladies?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Re: So maybe this will take things up a notch!

• Options
    coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chewing with his mouth open. Not so much that, if you can chew with your mouth open quietly that is one thing. Chewing with your mouth open and its loud then that's another. I cringe and lose my own appetite. The boy can't help it, his whole family does it and I CANT STAND going to eat dinner with them because of this. He tries tho, and has gotten so much better.
    When is my wedding
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    His video games I can totally tolerate. Right now he is WAY into StarCraft 2.
    The thing that drives me crazy is his open mouth chewing.

On the same line of eating, I've noticed with a couple of boyfriends that when they eat, they hum a little. It's pretty faint, but audible. They've all claimed that they don't know that they do it. Anyone else's SOs do that?
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with OP. Except for him it's Xbox. Oh geeeeez....
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to tell him a thousand times to go do something. He always responds with, "I know, I'm doing it," but he is clearly not doing it. So I bug him about it, and then he goes, "Why are you so nervous?"
  • Options
    stemms8810stemms8810 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I guess I am very lucky that my BF doesn't like to play video games.  I have been with guys in the past that have and I will admit at times it was annoying.  I think the one thing that bothers me is he is disorganized, not with details and making plans, but with putting stuff away.  He will move from one project to another without cleaning up the first one.  I am not like that so I guess it would annoy me Tongue out
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options
    zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grinding his freaking teeth while he sleeps. I have taken to sandwiching his head between my hands so that he can't move his jaw whenever he wakes me up doing it.

Also when he puts things off so long he forgets to do it, then I remind him, and the cycle repeats. I know I'm just as guilty of this sometimes, but jeebus it's annoying from the other side! Luckily he doesn't do it that often.

I'm also lucky in the BF and I love to play the vidja games together, so we never have to get annoyed at the other's Xbox/PS3-2/WoW times :P

• Options
    edited December 2011
    His farting...and burping...and incessantly grabbing my boobs while we watch tv.

Those are also things that make him adorable though.
  • Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He has a really crappy memory. He'll forget when we have plans or when I've asked him to do something. I've started leaving him lists since we moved into the house because if I ask him to do it in the morning he'll forget by the time he gets home...

I play xbox with BF so I don't get annoyed at the video games. I actually get annoyed when he's sick of playing Halo and I still want to. lol What sucked was when we were both playing through Final Fantasy. We'd have to take half hour turns and the other person would go to another room so that we didn't ruin the story. Ahh, nerdiness. :)
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Farting.

I want to go back to the point in our relationship when he wouldn't fart in front of me.  Of course, I want us to be where we are, just without the farting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's generous to a fault.  He would have a visitor in our guest room every day of the week.  One of his classmates is getting kicked out of her lease for buying a dog, and he wants to let her stay with us.  Uh, no!  Our house is NOT dog proof and she knew it was against her lease when she bought the thing.  He told his sister that she could come for spring break, which is totally fine as my brother came last year for his, but he said, "and bring a few friends".  Uh, I don't want the sorority spring break at my house just because we happen to live in Miami!  One friend, not a "few" friends.

Anniversary

• Options
    heartu618heartu618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He sends text messages rather than talk about disagreements! I dont mind on small things but even with things that we should discuss face to face.  Drives me up a wall....Sometimes we're even in the same house! Sometimes it's less than 5 mins after one of us has left the house!  Don't text me, TALK to me about things. I've come to understand that is just how he feels he expresses himself best but still...it gets under my skin.
  • Options
    Starlight KelStarlight Kel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The thing that drives me up the wall is the fact that BF is always late.  ALWAYS LATE unless it has to do with his friends or something for him.  He does not operate on "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" and it drives me nuts.  Oh, and the fact that he makes me nag him to death before he gets out of bed (and is late) then tells me to quit nagging him. Gotta love him!
  • Options
    Starlight KelStarlight Kel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_maybe-this-will-things-up-notch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:cacf4ead-f143-483e-b889-acf511fb0a75Post:dc2dc6e7-ad92-4bdb-8528-2d837ca87bc0">Re: So maybe this will take things up a notch!</a>:
    [QUOTE]He's generous to a fault.  He would have a visitor in our guest room every day of the week.  One of his classmates is getting kicked out of her lease for buying a dog, and he wants to let her stay with us.  Uh, no!  Our house is NOT dog proof and she knew it was against her lease when she bought the thing.  He told his sister that she could come for spring break, which is totally fine as my brother came last year for his, but he said, "and bring a few friends".  Uh, I don't want the sorority spring break at my house<strong> just because we happen to live in Miami!</strong>  One friend, not a "few" friends.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]
    Heey, I live in S.FL too!  :-)  A little more north than you though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Two things bug the crap out of me.

A. Coastie's thing, the loud open mouthed chewing.

B. He owns his own home, but if something doesn't work and he doesn't really use it, like the garbage disposal, he doesn't care to fix it.  This drives me nuts because I like things that are supposed to work to actually work and I'll probably end up fixing them after we're engaged and living there together.  We actually had a pretty big fight about this on Tuesday when I tried to use the disposal and it ended up leaking all over the place.
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI will work any shift possible, which I don't mind. It's when he works so much that he get run down and sick as a dog that aggrivates me. He's starting to get sick and will be working 12-20 hours here in Detroit this weekend, followed by straight 15 hour days in DC Sun-Tues. Once he's finally home, I doubt he'll give himself any time off to go to the Drs and he'll be sick for two months like last time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm FI doesn't do too much to annoy the hell out of me, lol.

I will say it bugs me when he says he's listening but I am clearly watching his eyes watch TV to the side of me. We've had that "discussion" many times.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have a tendency to fall asleep watching TV at night. Instead of just sitting by me, BF will get up and tidy up -- he's always running around the house moving stuff from A to B and it makes me feel guilty for relaxing. Especially when he cleans up my stuff. . . I will get to it soon, just take a chill pill. 

I realize I'm complaining that my BF cleans and I should be happy about it. Just humor me? 
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    He leaves Ever Single Cabinet Door open that he uses.  They just don't bother to shut them in his house hold.  It drives me crazy because I am tall and klutzy=me hitting things.  grrr.  I have talked to him about but he has a horrible memory....and forgets. So I am stuck being bruised the rest of my life lol!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards