Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Anyone around tonight?

Re: Anyone around tonight?

• Options
    Ugh, Daff, that really sucks.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Daff, I would be whiney too. 

Poke, I would love to cook something wholesome for you. You'd have to come here though. 

Also, I meet Muni tomorrow! Woo hoo! 
  • Options
    Oooh that sounds like fun Aryn. I'm excited for you! 

And I wish I could come see you. Theoretically I could do my visa paperwork just as well from there as from here. And you have a pool Cool

If only I had access to a pool. I would be sooooo happy.
  • Options
    Psh, pools do no good in this heat. I stayed inside today. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:638f6438-c150-4da0-8b1e-7bbae4fa8599">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Psh, pools do no good in this heat. I stayed inside today. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

<div>True that. I wanted to stay inside today. Instead, I drove in my car without a/c to meet my dad at a truck stop. The drive was seriously unfun.</div>
  • Options
    Oh I bet it was unfun! Any updates on your visa? 
  • Options
    I am cooking the food and sweet treats for my party tomorrow.  It is for the bridal party and our parents so everyone can finally meet.  I am so excited 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GUYS, GREMLINS IS ON!

• Options
    Hi ladies.

It's seriously hot here today. I can walk better today, so I went outside to do some gardening. Well, I stepped on a stick and somehow it stabbed me in the other foot EXACTLY where i had a huge scab from scratching a massive bug bite to death in my sleep. I'm a disaster.

Daff, sorry about the loss of power. I'd be whiny about it too.
  • Options
    OMFG YOU IDIOT. 

I'm watching Pawn Stars. This guy had a toy cannon that he thought was worth a couple hundred dollars. Turns out it's worth $100. So Rick offers him $50. He asks $120. 

It really irritates me when people are that dumb. Why would Rick buy something for $120 that he can only sell for $100? Seriously. Loser. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:eb580aee-2894-4b9d-8952-c9c2748442d5">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh I bet it was unfun! Any updates on your visa? 

<div>Ha, so many people posted while I was ranting about Pawn Stars. </div><div>
    </div><div>I got my passport back, so I started filling out the visa. Now I have to wait to get some info from H. </div>
  • Options
    Sara - just stop trying to do things. Let yourself heal before you try doing anything that could result in injury. You know, like walking ; )
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:48cfe395-c660-4713-917d-45194e3cee50">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMFG YOU IDIOT.  I'm watching Pawn Stars. This guy had a toy cannon that he thought was worth a couple hundred dollars. Turns out it's worth $100. So Rick offers him $50. He asks $120.  It really irritates me when people are that dumb. Why would Rick buy something for $120 that he can only sell for $100? Seriously. Loser. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

YES.  I hate that.  Or when they find out how much it's worth...and the expert says $1500, so Rick asks how much they want and they say $1500.  Dudes, they've got to make a profit.

• Options
    HAHA.. I love Pawn stars. So of those people are ridiculous. I love when they hear the value and still ask for double because they think that is what it is worth!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:57dbcba7-fca4-42b8-b849-7fa296d79e82">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around tonight? : YES.  I hate that.  Or when they find out how much it's worth...and the expert says $1500, so Rick asks how much they want and they say $1500.  Dudes, they've got to make a profit.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I KNOW!!! It makes me want to punch someone. I don't know why. I guess that is my irrational irritation of the day. 

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:a9cb4b40-6134-42ae-be7d-53ba2adacb48">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]HAHA.. I love Pawn stars. So of those people are ridiculous. I love when they hear the value and still ask for double because they think that is what it is worth!
    Posted by amorg334[/QUOTE]

<div>But....but....the Ebays told me it's worth $20k......</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:80e164e7-3637-4b34-8205-ff250f160c3a">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sara - just stop trying to do things. Let yourself heal before you try doing anything that could result in injury. You know, like walking ; )

<div>Right? lol</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm determined to go to Ulta tomorrow. They're having a sale! I'll probably leave the crutches at home, since I have a feeling I'd do more harm to the store, than good to my foot! </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:427b3fa3-1d34-4753-90ab-5f29973ccd9e">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around tonight? : I KNOW!!! It makes me want to punch someone. I don't know why. I guess that is my irrational irritation of the day. 

Did you see the one where the lady brought in the brooch, and wanted a couple hundred for it?  And Rick was like "Lady, I'm not going to rip you off, I can probably sell this for anywhere from $18k to $20k, so knowing that, how much do you want?" and she goes "$23k."

Uhhhh...you were hoping to get a couple hundred before.    You're whack.

• Options
    J - I swear my dad ranted about that for 20 minutes. I think he actually offered her like 16k instead of asking what she wanted and then she tried to get more. I know that my dad and I had to pick our jaws up from the floor. 
  • Options
    Sara, where are you in your sig picture? It's gorgeous. I might plan my next vacay to wherever that is. 
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Thanks. Plus the IL's always keep their house entirely too warm. I'm getting ready to pant.
  • Options
    Eags - the only thing I really dislike about Chumlee is how he plays dumb. He wasn't quite so stupid in the beginning of the show. Then as it went on, they realised how popular he was because of it so he got dumber. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:c49f913e-a5c9-4730-87e0-10e938024be8">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks. Plus the IL's always keep their house entirely too warm. I'm getting ready to pant.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

<div>Uugh, I hate that. Is H too hot as well? Maybe he could ask them to turn it down a little.</div>
  • Options
    I wish it was just Rick and the old man. 

We're watching Safe House, and I just want Ryan Reynolds to take his shirt off some more. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-tonight-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b5210e21-2e39-40b0-822b-12eea85c2c49Post:ff8a5cc1-69a5-48d9-badd-73f8404087d4">Re: Anyone around tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sara, where are you in your sig picture? It's gorgeous. I might plan my next vacay to wherever that is. 

<div>I was on a boat in Dana Point. I went whale watching with some friends on Tuesday. It's about an hour from where I live.</div>
  • Options
    Hi!

I drank a bottle of wine.  That's all.
  • Options
    ooooo Ryan reynolds shirtless.  I watch blade trinity and the version of the amityville (sp) horror he did because he is shirtless so much in it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hello. Daff, that sucks. I hope you get power back soon. Our downstairs ac is dead, and I'm sick of that.
        Poke, I sympathize. FI's car is air conditioned, but we did a venue visit today that's an hour's drive, and even with ac sun in 110 just isn't fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would love to drink a bottle of wine. Last time I did that I almost burned down my house though.
  • Options
    Mica, I need a 'like' button for that post. I haven't been in a wine mood lately myself for some reason. And by lately, I mean the past few days. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards