Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Holy Crap.

I think everyone on the Just Engaged board was IN David's Bridal in Fargo today.

I went wedding dress shopping with my BFF and holy crap.Some of the decisions people make are just dreadful. DREADFUL. And I am appalled that the fucking ENTOURAGES people bring with them are all like OOOOO PRETTY WE LOVE IT ZOMG ELEVENTY!!!1!!!!

I'm going to see if I can find the fucking ridiculous bridesmaid dresses this whore bride was going to make her BEST FRIENDS WEAR. Oh my god.

My eyeballs hurt from the rolling they had to do today.

Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution

Re: Holy Crap.

• Options
    Fischey. Your SN just showed up as yahnny@yahnny.com. Good grief this board is going nuts.

Did y'all find a dress for her? And a dress for you?
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    We DID find a dress for her, and it's perfect for her! We haven't looked at BM dresses yet, but she knows she's going with mocha. We found one BM dress at The Bridal Shop that we all LOVED. I hope she goes with that one.

And apparently DB thought the bridesmaid dress that chick was picking were horrid too because it isn't even on their website.

The Knot is going nuts. I JUST refreshed and your post below went from zero replies to 19. WTF.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Well that's great news!

That poor BM. :(

It says zero posts for me too. I'm so sick of this place! The errors are driving me crazy. I'm actually lurking on the nest. :/
  • Options
    The knot is screwed enough today that I honestly cant be bothered to post more than this. I think dress shops should have a 3 person limit for entourages. Especially if they include turtle, hes so cute. I will now press send and have to refresh 6 times to get back to a page that isnt an error.
  • Options
    There's nothing like seeing a bad bridesmaid dress to make you appreciate your friends.
  • Options
    I wish I could tell you how bad it was. It was SO BAD. And THEN!? AND THEEENNNNN, they put a SASH around it.

This would be so much better if I could find a picture of the dress. UGH.

Nebb, some of those bitches had 10 people there. REALLY. You need 10 different people to give you an opinion while you galavant around being all bridezilla and "Oh my god, does it look good guys? Does it make me look fat? Oh my gosh I'm soooo fat"

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    DB is a nightmare, and for the ones I've been to, not at all equipped for entourages. People end up hanging out right outside the lame, wimpy curtain that's supposed to hide you getting dressed, so there's no privacy or room to think. Glad your friend found a dress though.

I'm with Nebb, I've stayed away most of the day. I posted on one thread and then when I came back it said that it was 12 days ago. Um, okay. The error messages today are the worst they've ever been for me. Wah wah.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_holy-crap-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc07c5e8-45ed-4206-8977-aebcb0d5dca3Post:1e78a01c-2cbc-4143-ad5a-87bd070bfd0d">Re: Holy Crap.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I could tell you how bad it was. It was SO BAD. And THEN!? AND THEEENNNNN, they put a SASH around it.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

<div>But, like, the sash is the perfect way to bring in the buttercream accent. Single color dresses are, like, so totally my mom's wedding.</div>
  • Options
    Haha Lyndsey!

I actually had a really good experience at DB, but I've heard horror stories. They are definitely NOT equipped for large groups, that bride had watched too many episodes of SYTTD.
  • Options
    We went to three, count 'em THREE bridal shops today. The only one I would ever shop in for myself is The Bridal Shop. Only because crowds make me super anxious.

However, the experience with the stupid brides was consistent in all three places.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    That's why took my daughter shopping during the weekdays, when it's not crowded.  Even then there were men standing around looking bored, and my daughter would freak out and hide behind the door everytime I had to take a dress in or out. 

Didn't they ask you to make an appointment, and warn you in advance that evenings and weekends are like a mad house?
  • Options
    I think we should migrate to the nest.
  • Options
    She DID have appointments. At all three places.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Hey Whit!

What stinks about the whole sucky treatment of bridesmaids thing is that when the BMs get married they're going to have that example to follow. I don't get it, these people are your friends

I picked something I'd actually wear for my BMs (actually, I have a dress almost exactly like it but tea length that's one of my favorites). And now, one of my friends is getting married and she picked something that I actually can't wait to wear. That's how you treat your friends... being a bride doesn't give you the right to treat your friends like shite.

/end rant
  • Options
    Hi Mrs. Lyndsey :)
  • Options
    We were definitely an entourage.  We were so excited.  When we went to get my sister's dress we had me, my mom, our hairdresser, two girlfriends and my sister, the bride to be.  We brought cookies, sparkling cider and wine.  We had WAY different expectations of what the wedding dress purchase task would be like.  We got there and commandeered a small couch.  The rest of us sat on the floor.  Fortunately, my sister tried on 3 dresses to start and #2 was perfect.  We had to find her a smaller size and then we were done.  Found a style of earrings and necklace and our hairdresser figured out what she would do with her hair so she could buy the accessories.

We were in and out in about 45 minutes if not less.  We never did get to the cookie parade though....
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
  • Options

Ohh Fischy how I wish you could have snapped your fingers or wiggled your nose to instantly turn real life into Knot land!  Then you could have guided those poor souls.  (I'm assuming they wouldn't have taken as well to some lady running through the store screaming and ripping veils off the wall...)

• Options
    Whit, I'm drooling a little over some of those, but am also trying to imagine what a Triple Bacon Sweet and Savory truffle would taste like.
  • Options
    Whit, how about you find out how to make them, and I will do up a batch for you and mail them to you for free... This is provided I can manage to make truffles that dont look like monstrosities like I did at christmas. I need to figure out how to coat in white chocolate without the insides running into the white chocolate.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_holy-crap-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc07c5e8-45ed-4206-8977-aebcb0d5dca3Post:eaacae5f-75d2-4470-946d-690d4cce3cf2">Re: Holy Crap.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we should migrate to the nest.
    Posted by mwhitson14[/QUOTE]
    Don't you DARE!!! I can knot from work, but I can't Nest (go figure). If I lose my Knot fix, bad as the errors are, from work, I'll drive up to TN and cuttabitch.
  • Options
    My friend went with her sister (bride) today to both Davids and Alfred ANgelo. She said it was a madhouse. They were an entourage of 6 adults and 2 kids (makes me stabby just thinking about it) and everyone took their bitch pill this morning, apparently.
    Oh, and my friend told her sister to wear conservative undies for trying on dresses, but little sis thought she knew better. By the time she tried on the 2nd dress, she was mortified that the lady helping her had seen her trashy thong. LOL.. young'ns..
    I do not envy the staff of either store they visited. They are not the most functional family..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Kate, I'm especially interested in the apple pie ones and the oreo ones.

Nebb, I will love you forever:

4 ounces white chocolate ganache
    7-8 ounces of Apple cinnamon curd

Transfer prepared ganache to a pastry bag and chill while preparing molds.

Prepare molds with chocolate of choice (white makes it taste like pie ala mode, but it is good with milk and dark as well).

Pipe ganache into prepared molds and chill until ganache is set enough to top.

And I could care less what they look like!

Sorry sara! The errors are getting to me!!

• Options
    How did you get the recipe!! I will save it and try it out and let you know and then find out if I can even send hand made chocolate across the border.
  • Options
    I googled my heart out. That recipe makes no sense to me but maybe it does to you :) That doesn't even look like a recipe to me, haha.
  • Options
    i was at DB today too!  i was one of the chicks being forced into a dress that is not flattering in color or cut but the bride sat there gushing "Don't you just love it ?!!??  And you can TOTALLY wear it again!"

Meet my dress

• Options
    actually, I like the color (but do agree that it is hard to wear depending on the skintone), but not the neckline. the neckline makes it hard to wear again. I just didn't like DB for BM dresses because they look like... BM dresses.

SO GLAD the day I went dress shopping was some random Tuesday in the summer or something, and my sister was my only entourage.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    OH GOD ANNA, that's bad.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2010
    I'm gonna look redic with my pasty white SD complexion.  Although, maybe I can dye it black after the wedding in September.

And it gets better.  The bride seems to think she can dictate our hair, shoes and nails. I'm gonna have to set her straight sooner or later.
  • Options
    Oh no, anna. Is this a friend?

The Margarita Evolution
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards