Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Ceremony Music- DJ??

We are having a *budget* outdoor wedding, and so far most of the musicians ive found charge somewhere between $2500-5000 to play for a few hours!! I live in a fairly small town, so my options are pretty limited. So here's my question: Is it cheesy to play recorded music at the ceremony? The gazebo is wired for speakers, so the sound quality should be good, and our DJ is my fiance's best friend, so I think he'd be willing to DJ the ceremony as well as the resption. What do you think?? Bad idea?

Re: Ceremony Music- DJ??

• edited December 2011
    I am having the DJ play music for the ceremony. I dont think it is weird. I also really wanted live music for the ceremony, but it was not something that I wanted to splurge on. 
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think it's weird, either. It's kind of funny, our wedding is really traditional/victorian but our song choices for the ceremony are Phil Wickham's "you're beautiful" for the processional and Mute Math's "You're mine" for the recessional. [:
    *marc & catrina*
    *10.9.10*
  • edited December 2011
    We are also having the DJ do our ceremony music.
  • dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not weird at all-we're considering using a DJ too
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
    A lote of people I've talked to said it was tacky or would sound weird, and I really don't think so! I'm glad to hear that it is more common than what people are telling me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards