Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

lipstick/lipgloss + "you may now kiss the bride" =??

so i've always hated kissing my FI with lip products on, especially lipgloss, because he always ends up glittery or just icky. 

how is this handled for your "kiss the bride" moment? recommend any special lip products?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: lipstick/lipgloss + "you may now kiss the bride" =??

• maybe lipstain? I have never tried it but it supposed to stay on
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    Lipstain and chapstick (lipstain tends  to dry you out). I have one from estee lauder that I like. It looks more natural than lipstick and stays on (in fact, is a beech to get off).
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • I used the Cover Girl stay proof lipstick.  I really liked it, but you do have to make sure to use the moisturizing thing that comes with it otherwise your lips look kind of dry.
  • I used Revlon colorstay ultimate lipcolor. it's like one of those long-lasting lipcolors (like Cover Girl Outlast) and I wore chapstick on top of it. lasted the whole night and didn't kiss off on DH.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • i'm thinking about mac prolongwear....anyone every used this?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My makeup artist used lipstain and I kissed my FI afterwards and it didn't come off
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_lipsticklipgloss-may-now-kiss-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:887c9b97-1201-4622-82e1-e64699eade01Post:b29125b5-54ee-43c5-a604-6ae4cabc6095">Re: lipstick/lipgloss + "you may now kiss the bride" =??</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm thinking about mac prolongwear....anyone every used this?
    Posted by forrma7[/QUOTE]

I use it on a daily basis and love it.  I usually put my own gloss over it for a better effect, but on the wedding day I will just use chapstick.  My lips have a wedding day routine of their own. 

We're doing a first look, so I will have PLW + gloss.  Then I will wipe off gloss for ceremony and apply chapstick (the PLW will still be there) to kiss FI.  Then I will reapply a lighter, no glitter gloss to continue kissing DH throughout the night. 
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• Revlon Color Stay is great!  NEVER comes off.  But def. have chapstick or the clear coat with you to moisturize
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • I'm a makeup artist and my "stay put" tip for lipstick is super simple -- NEVER PUT IT ON STRAIGHT FROM THE TUBE IF YOU WANT IT TO LAST! Always use a lip brush. Line lips, apply one coat of color, blot, set with a mineral power that is close to your natural lip shade (*NOTE, NOT the color of the lipstick, YOUR own lipcolor), apply one more coat of lipstick on top. It is important that you press your lips together, not roll them. That's how people get lipstick all over their faces and teeth! If you do this you won't have to worry about having no lipstick on, and best of all there's no goopy feeling when you smooch. You likely won't need to reapply until after dinner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • im interested in trying the lip stain.
    any good brands to check out?
  • lip stain will TOTALLY work. try looking at Merle Norman's lipstanes/gloss tubes. I LOVE THEM! you can just use the stain for the ceremony and reception and throw on a bit of gloss for photos, then wipe the gloss off. Best thing, it doesn't even fade with drinking of liquids or eating. THIS IS A MUST HAVE!
    Anniversary
  • MAC makes a good lip stain in lots of colors.  Also Benefit has one too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards