Moms and Maids

Pregnancy & The Wedding-A Vent

OK...Maybe it's because I have had it with these posts.  Maybe it's because I am pregnant myself and my mood swings are quite apparent.  Or..Just maybe I am a big family person.  At any rate...I AM SICK OF HEARING RANTS AND WOES OVER A BRIDESMAID BEING PREGNANT!!!!!!

A wedding is an important event.  A baby is an important event.  In my opinion, a baby beats a wedding any day any time including my own.  In my bridal party of five (originally) everyone but one bridesmad and me was to be a mother with 3 of the 4 having babies born in 2011.

On a complete surprise, I joined the ranks so there is now just one member in the bridal party who will not be a mother at the time of my wedding. And that's okay.

I am happy of the brides that recognize that just because they are getting married everyone else's lives don't stop.  I applaud you.  For those of you stupid enough to really believe that your MOH or BM concocted a plan with their hubby, SO, fiance, or boyfriend to be pregnant by this date so baby will be born around your wedding to steal the limelight...you need to get your head examined.

In conclusion, a baby is equally as special as wedding and is a blessing and I would appreciate it if you would get your heads out of your sandbox and realize the world does not revolve around you or your wedding!

Stepping off my soapbox to eat a fruit bar...
Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pregnancy & The Wedding-A Vent

• Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_pregnancy-wedding-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:140a5606-d7ff-4d6e-b0cd-82da8d8dd9e2Post:58ddb7e9-7b02-4256-9b5f-450d16d2b413">Pregnancy & The Wedding-A Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK...Maybe it's because I have had it with these posts.  Maybe it's because I am pregnant myself and my mood swings are quite apparent.  Or..Just maybe I am a big family person.  At any rate... I AM SICK OF HEARING RANTS AND WOES OVER A BRIDESMAID BEING PREGNANT!!!!!! A wedding is an important event.  A baby is an important event.  In my opinion, a baby beats a wedding any day any time including my own.  In my bridal party of five (originally) everyone but one bridesmad and me was to be a mother with 3 of the 4 having babies born in 2011. On a complete surprise, I joined the ranks so there is now just one member in the bridal party who will not be a mother at the time of my wedding. And that's okay. I am happy of the brides that recognize that just because they are getting married everyone else's lives don't stop.  I applaud you.  For those of you stupid enough to really believe that your MOH or BM concocted a plan with their hubby, SO, fiance, or boyfriend to be pregnant by this date so baby will be born around your wedding to steal the limelight...you need to get your head examined. In conclusion, a baby is equally as special as wedding and is a blessing and I would appreciate it if you would get your heads out of your sandbox and realize the world does not revolve around you or your wedding! Stepping off my soapbox to eat a fruit bar...
    Posted by ASDH11[/QUOTE]
    Holy pregnancy hormones, Batman!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure, was she FOR complaining about pregnant WP members or AGAINST it?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_pregnancy-wedding-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:140a5606-d7ff-4d6e-b0cd-82da8d8dd9e2Post:d77d80ad-d6de-4f8b-a380-5aac134dac66">Re: Pregnancy & The Wedding-A Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure, was she FOR complaining about pregnant WP members or AGAINST it?
    Posted by deepcovejackie[/QUOTE]
    I hate it when brides complain about members of their bridal party being pregnant.  That help?
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_pregnancy-wedding-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:140a5606-d7ff-4d6e-b0cd-82da8d8dd9e2Post:259f7c07-b08c-447f-a761-57074436b14f">Re: Pregnancy & The Wedding-A Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pregnancy & The Wedding-A Vent : I hate it when brides complain about members of their bridal party being pregnant.  That help?
    Posted by ASDH11[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  We get it.  Simply Fated and Jackie were trying to lighten the mood here.

You don't have a monopoly on hating these posts.  Have you ever seen a single one where somebody said " How dare she get pregant? It's your wedding!!!" and not had 20 people immediately jump on her and the OP for good measure?

Now.  Take or drink whatever it is that preganant women are allowed to drink or take to calm down.  Or just draw yourself a bubble bath.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    Better to be clear than not.  Just kvetching about a bridesmaid living her life bugs me more than anything else people may kvetch about in terms of wedding planning...
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

• edited December 2011
    Thank you MairePoppy
  • edited December 2011
    I concur with the bubble bath idea.  Congrats on your pregnancy!
    Anniversary
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *applause*
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • edited December 2011
    may1-While a nice suggestion I don't like bubble baths.

LoveMuffins-I take my bow with grace Wink
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, I actually read you post title and thought "Oh God, another Bridezilla b******* about her friends getting pregnant on *her* day" and clicked on it prepared to chastize you. Glad to see you are one of the sane (though perhaps hormonel? ;) ) ones who realizes that your friends lives don't stop just for you.

Relax and know that at least you are not alone. Most knotties have a hard time stomaching the anti-pregnancy as well. I do find it bizzarely amusing though when the anti-pregnancy posts go so far as to propose that the BM in question conspired with her BabyDaddy to COMPLETELYRUINHERDAY! with a baby bump. How do these brides come up with these things?

Btw, bridesmaids with a baby bump = totally adorable.
  • edited December 2011
    Laurenes-At least you read the rant!  I would have been like Do you not know how to read? If you skimmed (or skipped) this whole rant and started lecturing me! LOL! Though I am sure that other readers would have beaten me to it! Haha!
  • jeanrtcojeanrtco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!!  I agree, babies are very special.  I am a MOB and my daughter has selected her older sister to be MOH, older sister has already told us that her and husband are planning to start a family so she may be pregnant for the wedding.  Fine with us it will be first grandchild and first niece or nephew to younger daughter.  My question is how do we go about ordering the bridesmaid dress....she may or may not be pregnant at that time?  If she gets pregnant right away it may only be 3-4months.  Do they just order the normal dress size now?
    wedding is in Nov 2011.
  • edited December 2011
    What they did with my dress was go up two sizes...It's easier to take it in than let it out!  My dress went from a 16 to 18W.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards