Not Engaged Yet

Hawaii anyone??

BF found a great deal to Kona in September.  $77/night at the #1 rated hotel, airfare is a little pricey right now, but still...it'd only be like $700 pp total for 7 nights.

We just did a week-long vacation in Puerto Rico in May (which I still owe BF for) but it it's a pretty cheap trip, for Hawaii anyways...  What would you do, would you book it? 
Anniversary

Re: Hawaii anyone??

• run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Read your signature again. Then DO IT!!! :)
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    YES! Do it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    very true. LOL.  BF is actually on the phone as i type with a dive op there :)
    Anniversary
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good work jem!
  • edited December 2011
    DO IT!!  My cousin was a dive master in Kona for a year, just moved back the the mainland this month.  What dive op are you talking with?
    imageimageAnniversary
    edited December 2011
    wow...can anyone say impluse buy?  he just booked our trip, 9/10 - 9/17....I LOVE my BF :-)

He called Big Island Divers.  We definitely want to do the night manta dive, but they also have a muli-day dive rate since that's pretty much all we want to do while we are there.  what dive op did your cousin work for?
    Anniversary
  • MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO IT!!!
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hawaii-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:243c5b04-1b0f-4560-b3fc-7ae7cdb5dac0Post:e09e2f5e-773c-4de9-8e71-3039106235bf">Re: Hawaii anyone??</a>:
    [QUOTE]wow...can anyone say impluse buy?  he just booked our trip, 9/10 - 9/17....I LOVE my BF :-) He called Big Island Divers.  We definitely want to do the night manta dive, but they also have a muli-day dive rate since that's pretty much all we want to do while we are there.  what dive op did your cousin work for?
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

Oooooooh sooooooooooo jealous :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    and in theme with your signature don't do the same old Hawaii trip.  I know 3 people who did their honeymoons there and their pics were practically interchangable.  They basically took the same trip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to say DO EETTT last night but I see I'm late to the party.

Have fun! I would love to do that trip.
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Jealous! I wanna go!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwwwww! Take me tooooooooo!!

Wait, I want to go to Disney in Jan/Feb *looks at Oceana* anyone else in? =P

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! So jealous.  Go visit Volcanoes National Park, see if you can get a glimpse of lava.  If you're lucky, you can watch it as it enters the ocean.  It's pretty cool. There's also lots of fun hikes, if you're into that sort of thing.  Going up Mauna Kea is also cool. 
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Which hotel, Jemmini? We stayed at the Royal Kona back in Feb. It was decent.

Here's a tip for you. There is a gorgeous white sand beach a couple miles north of the airport. We even saw a sea turtle swimming around. The road there is not for the faint of heart. I thought our little rental car wasn't going to make it (think of a once-paved road destroyed by lava). The name is Kekaha Kai Beach Park, and there's a small sign on the highway to point out the turnoff.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hawaii-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:243c5b04-1b0f-4560-b3fc-7ae7cdb5dac0Post:68b4d378-ebe5-4069-9edf-70c9ea6f197c">Re: Hawaii anyone??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which hotel, Jemmini? We stayed at the Royal Kona back in Feb. It was decent. Here's a tip for you. There is a gorgeous white sand beach a couple miles north of the airport. We even saw a sea turtle swimming around. The road there is not for the faint of heart. I thought our little rental car wasn't going to make it (think of a once-paved road destroyed by lava). The name is Kekaha Kai Beach Park, and there's a small sign on the highway to point out the turnoff.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

we will be staying at the Holua Resort at the Mauna Loa Village (it's the #1 rated hotel for Kona on tripadvisor).  We just might have to check out that beach because even though our hotel is right on the water, it's not near an actual usable beach, which is fine because neither of us are "lay on the beach" type people anyways.  i'm excited :)
    Anniversary
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I should also mention, if you want awesome food, go to Rapanui Island Cafe.

It's a nice hole-in-the wall with fantastic food! We went twice.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/rapanui-island-cafe-kailua-kona

• edited December 2011
    There's an awesome green sand beach on that island, a short drive from Kona.  It's a short hike down a dirt trail, but it's usually less crowded.  Also, it had lots of fun waves.  Also fun: it's near the southernmost tip of the United States, and at that point, there is nothing but ocean straight south all the way to Antarctica.  Yes, I'm a nerd.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hawaii-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:243c5b04-1b0f-4560-b3fc-7ae7cdb5dac0Post:d919dd72-418f-4a23-863a-243cdf314f72">Re: Hawaii anyone??</a>:
    [QUOTE]and in theme with your signature don't do the same old Hawaii trip.  I know 3 people who did their honeymoons there and their pics were practically interchangable.  They basically took the same trip.
    Posted by mysticl[/QUOTE]

Who cares? As long as those couples enjoyed their trips, that is what matters, not how "unique" their trips were.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    My cousin worked for Big Island Divers, actually!  She loved the manta dive :-)
    imageimageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards