Hawaii

Oahu Makeup: Who? Airbrush?

After sifting through handfuls of makeup artist websites, I am more confused than ever. I don't think I can brave this one on my own. Does anyone have suggestions for Oahu/Honolulu makeup artists? Also, I've heard so much about airbrush makeup and I'm wondering if it's really that much better than regular makeup? Anyone have experience with this?

Re: Oahu Makeup: Who? Airbrush?

• edited December 2011
    I used Flaunt. Reviews in bio.
    I loved the feel of the airbrush. At both my trial run and the day of I didn't feel oily or gross at all! It was amazing. I do not wear foundation because I hate that oily feeling and haven't found anything that doesn't do that. But airbrushing was amazing!
  • fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Flaunt for my e-session, but I also looked into Maleana Cosmetics, Naturally Yours, and Doris Foltin, which all looked like good choices.  Beauty By May has been highly recommended on the board before.

I second airbrush!!  It's very light and long-lasting...a worthwhile investment!!

• mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Airbrush is the way to go. My makeup looked flawless, almost "doll" like. It stayed on through the heat and the sweat all day and all night- I completely recommend it.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • kriskrispieskriskrispies member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just came back from Oahu and had the chance to do a trial with Beauty by May. I was so happy with how my hair & make up turned out that I booked her right away. (see pic below)
    The airbrush worked great and the even added some eye lash extensions which were very natural and looked awesome! BTW - just the day before I had visited Lanikuhonua and unfortunately got several mosquito bites, including in my face (and I'm allergic to them....) and she was able to hide all my red marks as I never imagined could be done!

ps - glad my wedding is in may, where technically there are no mosquitos around.. I had never been bit in my forehead!!! either way, I talked to the gardeners there and it seems they typically spray some bug repellents before any event is held...

• fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kriskrispies - simply beautiful!!  I love the look.  :)  The makeup and hair are gorgeous!

• edited December 2011
    Looks great! Your eyes are so bright! I went to beauty by may's website but she doesn't list prices, would you mind sharing what you'll end up paying on your wedding day? It seems most places are around $175, has anyone heard or used Leslie Fair? She had good reviews on weddingchannel and her site is nice (i know I shouldnt judge by that though!)
  • Michiko1983Michiko1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @kriskrispies - You look fantastic! I love your eyes! I'll definitely check out Beauty by May. I also have the same question as sparklegirl84, would you be willing to share an idea of her pricing?
  • edited December 2011
    i'm going with May and thought i'd chime in...here's what I was quoted february of last year :)

$150 for the bride which includes hairstyling, airbrushing, touch up kit

If you go for a "bridal package" the bride becomes $110 and you have to book at least 2 other girls for $85 (makeup and hair...$5 extra for airbrushing)

Trial sessions are $75 

if you want the full price list of her other services email me at cariyanaga@gmail.com and I can forward you what I was given...

HTH :)
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • prladyprlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am kind of partial to  Maleana Cosmetics just because of what I have read and seen. She has 'my style' but I heard a lot of good things about Leslie Fair. I would LOVE to know what everyone is using as well.
    Margo & Brent
    October 12, 2011
    Lanikuhonua

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards