May 2013 Weddings
Options

What else is going to happen?!?(Vent)

1. As you may have seen in a previous post FI decides that since he is irritated with some of his friends (stupid car club stuff) that he may not want invite them to wedding, WTF?!?! Are you serious?!?! You stressed to me how you wanted them there and I agreed that they would make the guest list and now that we are 5 months out you want to say you don't know if you want to invite them?! I know he doesn't know proper etiquette and everything but still!!

2. I was checking our wedding email and I seen a email from the makeup artist that I booked for a trial on January 12. Guess what it's CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is not going to be available for entire month of May!!! I am getting refunded the money that I put down for the deposit but now I am on the search for a new make-up artist. It sucks because I loved the photos and work I seen from this make-up artist.

Idk if its because today is our 5 month mark or if I am starting to freak out because so much has to be done and I feel like I am swimming in things to do. I would ask FI to help out but he thinks waiting to the month of to do everything is okay. I see a case of wine coming into the house pretty soon. Hopefully I can make it through these last 5 months without pulling out my hair or killing someone! Thanks for letting me vent. I feel a little better.
May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
cake4
Follow Me on Pinterest
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What else is going to happen?!?(Vent)

• Options
    I told Fi once guest list is made it's final no crossing people off its diff if they can't make it though. As far as make up artist did you have a contract? That's weird that even after your deposit she went ahead an cancelled yours. I hope your able to find someone. We still have what feels like lots to do too.
  • Options
    Somehow the guest list is still a problem for us too. FI wishes he didn't invite some people but he insisted on sending STDs to them so that's that. It does suck about your makeup artist. Can you ask her to recommend someone? GL :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_what-else-is-going-to-happenvent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:3c3d76da-7bd2-49b0-acc7-8e580c83ad1bPost:e0f90fe9-9b2d-4641-98b6-2916d5d44a68">Re:What else is going to happen?!?Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Somehow the guest list is still a problem for us too. FI wishes he didn't invite some people but he insisted on sending STDs to them so that's that. It does suck about your makeup artist. <strong>Can you ask her to recommend someone?</strong> GL :
    Posted by vchan4[/QUOTE]

I did... now I am just waiting for a response...
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, that sucks. I'm going crazy too. I cried the other night because I'm getting more and more stressed out as it gets closer, plus I'm done with my bachelor's on Feb 4th, and these last few weeks are seriously killing me! So my stress limit is out the roof. FI keeps saying let him know what he can do, and I do, but that still doesn't help me from thinking about everything and all we have left to do in these next few months. Plus our church won't get back to us, and we need to meet with them so we can confirm a time so we can get the invitations going! I keep saying I am so over all the wedding planning and am ready for it to just be here already! It makes me wish we would'be picked a date for this past fall so I don't have to stress about it anymore... So you're not alone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aw sorry your makeup artist bailed...but you should be able to find a new one 5 months out. and i can see why you are frustrated and want FI to invite those people still, but if he doesn't want them there, save the money and let him take them off the list (but make sure he knows if he does take them off, there is no adding back on)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's weird your makeup person cancelled now......like didn't she know the schedule before? Maybe it's a personal thing. But still. The makeup artist referred to my by our hair salon is out of town MDW at the cabin. Now I have to decide if I want it done professionally or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards