Snarky Brides

Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus (SS AW)

I was contemplating Christmas dinner today. 

I was thinking of pretty foods, rich desserts, centerpieces, and chair cover-ish decor when it struck me that I don't have place-card holders that are Christmassy.

I rushed to the computer and began Googling various arts and crafts projects that required way too much super-glue and glitter, and even more time.  Fearing failure was on the horizon for me, and wishing I lived near one of the crafty knotties so I could bribe them to complete my chore as I'm not nearly artsy enough to match my ambitions, I printed out a cute diagram and sat down to truly contemplate whether I was up for the task.

Then, the tinkling sound of bells reached my ears.  My first thoughts were of Santa but everyone knows he does his dry-run on the 6th. I rushed to the window to peek anyway and was just in time to see the mailman's bell decorated car drive down the road. I rushed to the mailbox to discover a package from far, far away.  Tearing it open, I scattered packing peanuts joyfully as I pulled my gifts from the box.

Santa sent me exactly what i had been wishing for at that very moment.  Place-card holders.  They're beautiful and perfect and I'll keep them forever and ever!

Who says Santa and his magic doesn't exist?  I believe.  Thank you Secret Santa!

Re: Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus (SS AW)

• edited December 2010
    i have those same ornaments and LOVE them.

edit: p.s. very well written short story
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Those are awesome!!!
    I love when you tell stories. I always feel like someone is reading an exciting book to me or something. :)
  • I LOVE those!  So vry cute! SS, can you tell me where you got them?
  • Those are so perfect!  Awesome!  Good job Anna's SS!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_yes-virginia-there-santa-claus-ss-aw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddac0206-58dc-44b3-8db7-f8370770c987Post:0f19ee03-6f34-405e-a59f-ce108a3e1901">Re: Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus (SS AW)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE those!  So vry cute! SS, can you tell me where you got them?
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

I believe Santa often outsources manufacture of certain things to ease the elves workload.  i believe Pier1 is one of those companies  ;)
  • i thought i got mine at crate & barrel but it could have very well been pier 1.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_yes-virginia-there-santa-claus-ss-aw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddac0206-58dc-44b3-8db7-f8370770c987Post:46e141dd-3142-46e2-aea7-0def06cf9e32">Re: Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus (SS AW)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those are awesome!!! I love when you tell stories. I always feel like someone is reading an exciting book to me or something. :)
    Posted by staceytaylor0704[/QUOTE]

Life is nothing but a story and i prefer my life to have tons of cliffhangers and intrigue all leading up to a happily ever after ending..
  • Very nice!  I like those a lot.  And we got storytime too.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_yes-virginia-there-santa-claus-ss-aw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddac0206-58dc-44b3-8db7-f8370770c987Post:c8feb54a-5e64-498b-880b-111afc229ff9">Re: Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus (SS AW)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus (SS AW) : Life is nothing but a story and i prefer my life to have tons of cliffhangers and intrigue all leading up to a happily ever after ending..
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

I heart you. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_yes-virginia-there-santa-claus-ss-aw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddac0206-58dc-44b3-8db7-f8370770c987Post:38e4fa36-ca17-400a-a7d8-c00b56db6b6e">Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus (SS AW)</a>:
    [QUOTE]  <strong>everyone knows he does his dry-run on the 6th</strong>.Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Louise : ), that was a wonderful story. ^This part made me laugh. Those are very cute place card holders.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I have to admit, I enjoyed the storyline as well.  It made for an exciting read while I'm stuck here with kids (finally) making up tests.  Also, yay for outsourcing in this case.  I happen to know where there is a Pier 1 ;).
  • Perfect Anna gift! Good job SS!
    Photobucket
  • Good job Anna's SS. Those are really cute
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_yes-virginia-there-santa-claus-ss-aw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddac0206-58dc-44b3-8db7-f8370770c987Post:60c6c0b2-99aa-4482-a4f1-2c7e39047ceb">Re: Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus (SS AW)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus (SS AW) : Louise : ), that was a wonderful story. ^This part made me laugh. Those are very cute place card holders.
    Posted by Y I Oughta[/QUOTE]

it's true. Nikolaustag is December 6th.  It's Saint Nickolas Day.
  • Great job Anna's SS. They look great. So bummed I missed out on SS.
  • You are the best! I felt as if it was Christmas eve, and I was snug in my bed with Pa in his kerchief and you in your cap telling me that Santa would soon be here.

Story time with Anna is my favorite time of day! Great job SS!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • These are cute!
    I think this may be my new favorite Christmas story ;).
  • That's a great gift. Good job, SS!
  • I love them!  They're so festive.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Thank you, Anna for the great Christmas story.

And thank you Anna's SS for making her Christmas wish come true. Those are so pretty!!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • My newspaper runs a short story every Christmas Day. Usually it's sappy B.S. about orphans and hobos and Christmas miracles but I am going to suggest this one this year.
    DD Lea, born 04/21/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #4 It's a BOY!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    CP: July 2011
    BFP #3: 11/3/2011 M/C 12/12/11
    We miss you and love you always, little firecrackers!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_yes-virginia-there-santa-claus-ss-aw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddac0206-58dc-44b3-8db7-f8370770c987Post:d0153d2f-da1d-451a-a998-4c716bb61101">Re: Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus (SS AW)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My newspaper runs a short story every Christmas Day. Usually it's sappy B.S. about orphans and hobos and Christmas miracles but I am going to suggest this one this year.
    Posted by 8daysaweek[/QUOTE]

Go for it.  Just use my screen name as my pen name  ;)
  • This was adorable and those are very pretty place-card holders your SS did an awesome job!
  • Those are adorable!  Way to go, SS!

And the story made my night, Anna. :-)
  • in case i didn't make myself clear...  i LOVE my gift!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards