Michigan-Grand Rapids

DAVIDS BRIDAL ALTERATIONS????

i BOUGHT MY DRESS AT DAVIDS BRIDAL ON 28TH STREET. I NEED ALTERATIONS BUT I HAVE READ HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT THEIR ALTERATIONS! IF THEY MESS IT UP IS IT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY ??? MY WEDDING IS 9-10 AND I AM LOOSING WEIGHT AND WOULD LIKE TO LOOSE ABOUT 10 MORE LBS. WHEN SHOULD I GET MY DRESS ALTERED? I CALLED DAVIDS AND THE LADY TOLD ME "WHENEVER" THAT DOESNT HELP WITH A GUIDELINE AT ALL! ANY SUGGESTIONS OF WHERE I SHOULD GO ?
HELP PLEASE !
BabyName Ticker

Re: DAVIDS BRIDAL ALTERATIONS????

• edited December 2011
    They are overpriced at Davids...find a local alterations person who does it out of her home and you will pay much less for more quality.  Davids quoted me $75-200 for a bustle so I googled alterations and found a woman who charged me less than $10.

I am getting married 9/10 as well, and you should have your first fitting soon, early July at the latest, just in case it takes a few fittings.

Also, caps=screaming, for future reference :)
  • edited December 2011
    I also bought my dress at david's bridal. I found the people very helpful! The lady I talked to told me it takes them about 4 to 6 weeks to get the dress done. Also, I dont know where you heard complaints from , but my sister got her dress there and altered as well. It was beautiful, fit perfect and we had no problems. As far as it goes I will still trust them. They have been around for a long time so they must be doing something right. Hopefully this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I think it really depends on the individual David's Bridal if they're any good, etc.  I'm guessing based on the lady you spoke with that the one you're at is not so great.  I would do as LRaider said and seek out a local person who does alterations instead.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Hey, you know what I am gonna say as far as my recomindation. But just  a little info...I went and p/u my dress Monday for Chelle's wedding, they called yesterday to tell us it was in. I went in there to tell them that I already had it. They still are convinced that it has been misplaced!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kwreckskwrecks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have gotten alterations done there for other dresses, and I do think they did a good job, but I also think that they are extremely overpriced.  For my wedding dress, we're going to a family friend who is going to charge much less.  Do some research and find someone who does them out of their home, or find a alterations place that charges less, because Davids is a bit absurd with how much they charge.
    Anniversary
  • randolphs2023randolphs2023 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my grandma knows how to do alterations thank god cuz im on a tight budget
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards