Florida-North Florida

Pensacola Vendor Reviews 11/14/09 (and some teaser pics)

Let me start with I've been excited to write vendor reviews for about 2 years now.  I'm so happy to finally be a Mrs. and to have the stress of wedding planning behind me.  If you want any additional info about the vendors email me at jenkins.peoples (at) gmail (dot) com.

Tiger Point Golf and Country Club, Gulf Breeze, FL 
I give them an A.  The event manager, Pam, was very easy to work with.  She responded to my emails very quickly, usually within a few hours.  Tiger Point has several wedding packages that fit different budgets.  We paid (before tax and tip) $3000 for up to 100 guests.  That included the ceremony and reception area, set up, take down, plated dinner including tea, coffee, soda, etc.  My MIL paid for wine and the bill for that was about $500.  We planned on having a keg of beer in addition to the wine but their prices were very high.  Our guests were quite happy with the service of the staff, the food was amazing and everything went very smoothly. http://tigerpointclub.com/

DJ
We booked TK Tom originally but the week of our wedding he had a motorcycle accident.  He didn't call me until the night before the wedding (during rehearsal) to tell me.  He did have a back up DJ, Max.  I think that Max was actually a way better fit for us in the scheme of things.  He was more familiar with the music we wanted played.  I don't have Max's contact info but I can get it.  TK Tom can be contacted at tktom101 (at) yahoo (dot) com.  We paid $400 for 4 hours.  It was a great deal, Max was awesome.  Max came to DH (that's the first time I've typed that, lol) before the ceremony and confirmed what we wanted played when.  He filled in the gaps with music that fitted the situation.  I give Max an A+.

The Cake Shop
I give them an A. We only met with The Cake Shop.  A friend of mine used them for her wedding in April and DH and I have had several cakes from them in the past.  We tasted a couple different options but decided to go with the basic pound cake with stawberry and cream cheese filling for the wedding cake.  We had buttercream icing and it looked as smooth as fondant.  They were able to match the color blue almost exactly and the cake was amazing.  For DH's groom's cake we ordered an XBOX 360.  I took in several pictures and provided the dimension and it came out great.  He chose red velvet for that cake and the guests loved it.  The staff at The Cake Shop was great to work with and the pricing is good too.  http://www.thecakeshoppensacola.com/

David's Bridal Pensacola
I give them an A.  I went in to DB not long after they opened to shop for my dress.  It only took one trip, I found the perfect dress that day.  The staff was very helpful and very patient.  I had no idea what I wanted so Julie pulled several different styles for me to try.  We also purchased the BM dressed from DB.  My MOH purchased her dress from the Pensacola store and my BM from the Montgomery, AL store.  We had the BM dresses picke out within 30 minutes.  Great service.  I even went back and purchased a BM dress to wear to my rehearsal.  My MOH and I had our alterations done at DB.  They are pricey but the quality of work was great.  They took their time and did everything they could to make sure our dresses looked great.

Men's Warehouse Airport Blvd (next to DB)
They get an A also.  We did have to wait for service even when we had an appointment.  It seems they never have enough people working.  When we were helped the sevice was friendly and knowledgeable.  They were also very patient as DH looked through the books and even when he changed his mind about a few details.  All of our tuxes came in by the Tuesday before.  All but one fit perfectly.  The one that didn't fit was an easy fix, the seamstress let down the pants hem with in an hour.  When we originally went in the special was rent 4 and the groom's tux would be free.  We wound up only needing 3 in addition to DH's but he still got his free.

Sonny's BBQ 9th Ave
I give them an A. My MIL hosted our rehearsal dinner in her backyard.  She had Sonny's cater (always amazing food).  She said they were very easy to work with and the delivery and set up was right on time. 

Kent's Rentals Gulf Breeze
My MIL rented tables, chairs and chaffing dishes from them for the rehearsal dinner.  She had no complaints at all.

Invitations, Save the Dates and other paper stuffs
We used http://www.finestationery.com/ for our invites and I give them an A. The site was very easy to use and someone called me to confirm the order prior to sending it to the printer.

We used VistaPrint for STDs and photoshare cards.  I signed up for the email offers and used the free offers for both.

Hair and Makeup
I used The Edge Salon and Ink for both services.  http://www.edgesalonink.com/  I used Mandy for makeup, my MOH and I both had airbrush and it was amazing.  Mandy may not be the cheapest option in Pensacola but she does a great job.  I paid $130 for me, that included the trial run and my MOH was $75.  Mandy does cosmetic makeup too, I don't know the prices but it is cheaper.  I would use her again if I need makeup, I cried so many times during the wedding and you couldn't even tell.  She also does facials, waxing and other things like that.  I used her for my eyebrow and bikini wax and it was $47 for the two.  She gets an A+.

I used Cathy for hair.  My trial was $35 and it was $55 each for my MOH and me the day of.  I have short hair but she still managed to come up with a really creative updo for me.  She gets an A.

Photography
We had 2 photographers, Andrea Burden and Paula Doolin.  Andrea is a friend of DH's family from the Atlanta area.  Our other photog was Paula Doolin, she's from Destin and will travel to Pensacola and the surrounding areas.  I don't know what her rates are, the photography was a gift from Andrea and her family.  Paula was excellent to work with, she likes to use creative angles and set up fun, not posed shots.  I haven't seen the pics yet so at this time I don't have an actual grade for her.  I can get her contact info if anyone would like it.

Couture Wedding
I used Liz with Couture Wedding for my custom aisle runner and table runner.  I told her our idea of using things movie related and she came up with a great idea of having our aisle runner look like a film strip.  Her work is amazing and she's great to work with.  Keep an eye out for knottie specials on her blog  http://mycustomwedding.blogspot.com.  Liz is local to Jacksonville but it was very easy to work with her by email.

I think that's it, but if I remember anything else I'll add it.

Here's 2 pics taken by a friend.  I hope to have more soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pensacola Vendor Reviews 11/14/09 (and some teaser pics)

• jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me start with I've been excited to write vendor reviews for about 2 years now.  I'm so happy to finally be a Mrs. and to have the stress of wedding planning behind me.  If you want any additional info about the vendors email me at jenkins.peoples (at) gmail (dot) com.

Tiger Point Golf and Country Club, Gulf Breeze, FL 
    I give them an A.  The event manager, Pam, was very easy to work with.  She responded to my emails very quickly, usually within a few hours.  Tiger Point has several wedding packages that fit different budgets.  We paid (before tax and tip) $3000 for up to 100 guests.  That included the ceremony and reception area, set up, take down, plated dinner including tea, coffee, soda, etc.  My MIL paid for wine and the bill for that was about $500.  We planned on having a keg of beer in addition to the wine but their prices were very high.  Our guests were quite happy with the service of the staff, the food was amazing and everything went very smoothly. http://tigerpointclub.com/

DJ
    We booked TK Tom originally but the week of our wedding he had a motorcycle accident.  He didn't call me until the night before the wedding (during rehearsal) to tell me.  He did have a back up DJ, Max.  I think that Max was actually a way better fit for us in the scheme of things.  He was more familiar with the music we wanted played.  I don't have Max's contact info but I can get it.  TK Tom can be contacted at tktom101 (at) yahoo (dot) com.  We paid $400 for 4 hours.  It was a great deal, Max was awesome.  Max came to DH (that's the first time I've typed that, lol) before the ceremony and confirmed what we wanted played when.  He filled in the gaps with music that fitted the situation.  I give Max an A+.

The Cake Shop
    I give them an A. We only met with The Cake Shop.  A friend of mine used them for her wedding in April and DH and I have had several cakes from them in the past.  We tasted a couple different options but decided to go with the basic pound cake with stawberry and cream cheese filling for the wedding cake.  We had buttercream icing and it looked as smooth as fondant.  They were able to match the color blue almost exactly and the cake was amazing.  For DH's groom's cake we ordered an XBOX 360.  I took in several pictures and provided the dimension and it came out great.  He chose red velvet for that cake and the guests loved it.  The staff at The Cake Shop was great to work with and the pricing is good too.  http://www.thecakeshoppensacola.com/

David's Bridal Pensacola
    I give them an A.  I went in to DB not long after they opened to shop for my dress.  It only took one trip, I found the perfect dress that day.  The staff was very helpful and very patient.  I had no idea what I wanted so Julie pulled several different styles for me to try.  We also purchased the BM dressed from DB.  My MOH purchased her dress from the Pensacola store and my BM from the Montgomery, AL store.  We had the BM dresses picke out within 30 minutes.  Great service.  I even went back and purchased a BM dress to wear to my rehearsal.  My MOH and I had our alterations done at DB.  They are pricey but the quality of work was great.  They took their time and did everything they could to make sure our dresses looked great.

Men's Warehouse Airport Blvd (next to DB)
    They get an A also.  We did have to wait for service even when we had an appointment.  It seems they never have enough people working.  When we were helped the sevice was friendly and knowledgeable.  They were also very patient as DH looked through the books and even when he changed his mind about a few details.  All of our tuxes came in by the Tuesday before.  All but one fit perfectly.  The one that didn't fit was an easy fix, the seamstress let down the pants hem with in an hour.  When we originally went in the special was rent 4 and the groom's tux would be free.  We wound up only needing 3 in addition to DH's but he still got his free.

Sonny's BBQ 9th Ave
    I give them an A. My MIL hosted our rehearsal dinner in her backyard.  She had Sonny's cater (always amazing food).  She said they were very easy to work with and the delivery and set up was right on time. 

Kent's Rentals Gulf Breeze
    My MIL rented tables, chairs and chaffing dishes from them for the rehearsal dinner.  She had no complaints at all.

Invitations, Save the Dates and other paper stuffs
    We used http://www.finestationery.com/ for our invites and I give them an A. The site was very easy to use and someone called me to confirm the order prior to sending it to the printer.

We used VistaPrint for STDs and photoshare cards.  I signed up for the email offers and used the free offers for both.

Hair and Makeup
    I used The Edge Salon and Ink for both services.  http://www.edgesalonink.com/  I used Mandy for makeup, my MOH and I both had airbrush and it was amazing.  Mandy may not be the cheapest option in Pensacola but she does a great job.  I paid $130 for me, that included the trial run and my MOH was $75.  Mandy does cosmetic makeup too, I don't know the prices but it is cheaper.  I would use her again if I need makeup, I cried so many times during the wedding and you couldn't even tell.  She also does facials, waxing and other things like that.  I used her for my eyebrow and bikini wax and it was $47 for the two.  She gets an A+.

I used Cathy for hair.  My trial was $35 and it was $55 each for my MOH and me the day of.  I have short hair but she still managed to come up with a really creative updo for me.  She gets an A.

Photography
    We had 2 photographers, Andrea Burden and Paula Doolin.  Andrea is a friend of DH's family from the Atlanta area.  Our other photog was Paula Doolin, she's from Destin and will travel to Pensacola and the surrounding areas.  I don't know what her rates are, the photography was a gift from Andrea and her family.  Paula was excellent to work with, she likes to use creative angles and set up fun, not posed shots.  I haven't seen the pics yet so at this time I don't have an actual grade for her.  I can get her contact info if anyone would like it.

Couture Wedding
    I used Liz with Couture Wedding for my custom aisle runner and table runner.  I told her our idea of using things movie related and she came up with a great idea of having our aisle runner look like a film strip.  Her work is amazing and she's great to work with.  Keep an eye out for knottie specials on her blog  http://mycustomwedding.blogspot.com.  Liz is local to Jacksonville but it was very easy to work with her by email.

I think that's it, but if I remember anything else I'll add it.

Here's 2 pics taken by a friend.  I hope to have more soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous pictures!  I can't wait to see more!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! I'm so glad that everything worked out for you and you looked gorgeous!!!!
  • lifeizbeachylifeizbeachy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats crazy about the DJ but I am glad it worked out!  Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards