Illinois

Cocktail Reception

My fiance and I have decided not to have the big, fancy, sit down dinner. Instead we'd like to have finger foods/appetizers & drinks/cocktails. (at a resonable price) Wondering if anyone knows of such a place that will hold up to 100 people in the Chicago area. Please help. :)

Re: Cocktail Reception

• KTLynn19KTLynn19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most places offer cocktail receptions. When looking on their website, you may find these "menus" and pricing under their events tab. My fiance and I are doing this as well when we return from our destination wedding. I love the idea of a cocktail party instead of the normal. Almost everywhere I looked offered this. Good luck!
  • DecoWedDecoWed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As the above poster mentioned, they're everywhere... and if a venue you like doesn't offfer a specific menu for it, just ask.  You do need to put it on the invitation what kind of reception it is so people won't be expecting a meal.
    One small thing though, dinner receptions don't have to be sit-down, or big and fancy.  Ours isn't.... we're having a buffet and skpping a lot of the traditional reception activities. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards