Wedding Etiquette Forum

What does everyone think of a tattooed bride?

13»

Re: What does everyone think of a tattooed bride?

• I finally found a picture of how much my tattoo showed above my wedding dress!  It's really silly, because my BMs decided to bedazzle the tops of my wings, but what can you do.

I second the advice that the others have given about placement.  Something else to consider is to start with a small tattoo if you have low pain tolerance.  See how you react to it.  With my back peice, I had to limit my sessions to 4 hours before my body decided that it was done with all the tattoo nonsense.  Of course they were working over a very large area, which can trigger shock.  Unfortunately I had to change artists halfway through so there is a small design difference, but oh well.

Your artist should be very accomodating to your needs.  Whenever you need a break, tell him/her.  If you need water, tell him/her.  They're generally very kind people.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to Re: What does everyone think of a tattooed bride?:
    [QUOTE Your artist should be very accomodating to your needs.  Whenever you need a break, tell him/her.  If you need water, tell him/her.  They're generally very kind people.
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

This. I'm fortunate that my tattoo artist is also a dear friend of mine, but I've been with numerous friends going to get tattooed, and if you need a break, all you have to do is say so. I've never seen an artist deny a break/water/stretch/etc. The onlly thing close to that is my tattoo artist will sometimes ask if I can wait 2 minutes, 5 minutes, whatever, so he can finish the specific spot he's working on; but he's a friend and knows that if I really can't wait a few minutes for a break I'll say so.
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Thanks for the advice! I think FI and I decided we both want to get tattoos (not matching) when we graduate, and I think it'll definitely just be a small "allons-y" on my left forearm, high enough that 3-quarter cardigans will cover it-cause that's basically all I wear at work. I'm also getting a small equality sign on my ring finger (i know that's a place that will hurt and will fade quicker, but I'm dying to have one anyway!)

OP-I hope you'll post pics once you get it! I love different tattoo pictures!
  • While I personally don't like tattoos on my own body, I don't see any issue having one visable on your wedding day. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-does-everyone-think-of-a-tattooed-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:973e7005-7d52-4133-9223-01a73eb4202dPost:822f5522-a9a5-461a-a586-46079bdb15a8">What does everyone think of a tattooed bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I'm scheduled to get a tattoo on my upper back that will definitely be visible during the wedding. This made we wonder what you all think about a tattooed bride. The design is very personal to me and my family but what would you think as someone who may not know the details? Just curious :)
    Posted by Gustafson28[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>It's not their day, It's yours. I want my whole back done for my wedding, and I want it visible. I think they're beautiful. and as long as your comfortble and confident with it, that's all that matters. and if people don't like it, they shouldn't be at your wedding because they obviously don't love you enough to look past your own personal choices.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think they're completely beautiful.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards