Not Engaged Yet

Happy Monday

or not....

I am exhausted today.  I got may be 4 1/2 hours of sleep.  I went to bed a little later than usual but my braiin would not shut down and let me sleep.  I hate when it does that. So I'm just trying to survive until 4.  I am still getting over being sick too.

How was your weekend?  Mine was busy but good.  I had a show Friday night and then met up with BF and friends for game night.  Cards against Humanity is one of the best games ever.  I had more shows Saturday and Sunday.  Sunday BF & I got Moe's for dinner.  I love that place. 

Did anyone see the Hobbit?  Any thoughts on it?  Are you done with your holiday shopping? I am about 55% done....I actually avoided the mall this holiday season thanks to a lot of online shopping.

Anniversary

Re: Happy Monday

• Morning. 

I love that game too! We played it at the G2G and it was absolutely hysterical.

My weekend was good. My cousin's wedding was really fun and Christmas with my stepsiblings was really nice yesterday. 

I thought I was 99% done my shopping (just need to get FI something else) but it looks like the gifts I ordered for FMIL, FSIL, my aunt, and my grandmom are being returned to sender for some reason and I doubt I'll be able to get them back in the next week. So I have a bit more to do Undecided

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-monday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a4a47068-9cd5-49b3-a826-617ba7c175ebPost:6865b3e0-4111-4ef5-b5ed-3b453f67d9db">Re: Happy Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning.  I love that game too! We played it at the G2G and it was absolutely hysterical. My weekend was good. My cousin's wedding was really fun and Christmas with my stepsiblings was really nice yesterday.  I thought I was 99% done my shopping (just need to get FI something else) but it looks like the gifts I ordered for FMIL, FSIL, my aunt, and my grandmom are being returned to sender for some reason and I doubt I'll be able to get them back in the next week. So I have a bit more to do 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    Cards Against Humanity is so fun and so wrong at the same time, it's great.

That really sucks the gifts got returned and you need to get new ones. Hopefully you can find something similar quick and easy for them this week.

Anniversary

• Hi!

My weekend was pretty fantastic.  We baked a ton of cookies on Saturday, and they actually tasted like cookies.  We also bought a grain mill so we could mill our own flour, and we actually got real rice flour from rice, and bean flour from beans.  It was fantastic.

Saturday night I went over to BF's for the Christmas party, and had a wonderful time.  Our friend from South Africa was in, and he and I had a great conversation.  As soon as he were alone, he asked me what M was waiting for, and that really made me smile.  

Yesterday I woke up with body aches and a little bit of a hangover.  Two mugs of tea in, I realized it was less hangover and more flu.  So, I'm home sick.  I'm starting to get better, but I'm going to be doing lots of sleeping today.  M was also feeling like he was getting a head cold yesterday, and today he says it's turning into a sinus infection already.  I'm just glad so far he isn't showing any of my symptoms.  Although I'm sure the incubation period is probably more like a week.  :(
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love Cards Against Humanity!!  

My weekend was pretty good. We had our lab holiday party Saturday night. It doubled as a going away party for our lab manager, who happens to be my best friend and MOH. Work is going to be ShittyMcCrapface without her here. More incentive to graduate faster I guess.

Yesterday DH and I went to a Packers bar to watch them kick the Bear's sorry butts and win the NFC North. :) Woot!

Overall, too much drinking and over-indulging in delicious goodies, but worth it. This is a short work week for me and then I'm off for about 2 weeks. Huzzah! 

I hope all you sickies feel better by Christmas <3 I think I'm coming down with something too. . . 
  • I'm still trying to make some normalcy out of my house. BF and I will probably go drop off our adoption application today to see about getting a doggie. He's at he drs office right now, trying to make sure he can still get his medications and stuff on time. We're trying to get settled and everything. I've got two second interviews this week, so I'm really excited.
  • I had a really nice weekend, but it definitely wasn't long enough.  I am pretty exhausted this morning.

Saturday I got up early and decorated sugar cookies.  Then I went on a run (6 miles!).  Around 2 I met FMIL, FSIL, and future cousin at the mall to finish up our Christmas shopping.  We shopped for 5 hours.  Between that and my long run, my legs were exhausted.  Then I came home and wrapped presents. 

Sunday I drove up to my aunt's house and we spent the day baking cookies and drinking wine.  I packaged up a bunch of cookies to send to my grandpa in FL, but I left them at home this morning.  So now instead of running to the post office on my lunch break, I am leaving an hour early so I can run home, get the cookies and then run to the post office. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Irish- good luck with the second interview!

Pee k- I hope you feel better soon!!!

Anniversary

• fizzylemonadefizzylemonade member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    Morning :) I had my last day at my job on Friday so this morning was a nice slow relaxing wake up. 

This weekend I got some studying done, just one assignment left to do before I go on vacation. I've still got a lot of xmas shopping to do so I'm going to TJMaxx soon, and I'll probably get a gel manicure and a pedi while I'm out. Or a hair cut, but I've not decided whether I'm going to get it colored too so I think I'll wait.

I dropped the box of eggs while making bf breakfast so I need to run to the store and get more.

I hope everyone feels better soon. I've got my fingers crossed I don't catch anything this week.
  • Hey guys!

I had a pretty good 3-day weekend. Met up with my cousin in the city on Friday night, and had a few too many drinks. On Saturday, BF and I took Kaya to the BIG dog park that we heard about, in hopes that we'd finally find a bunch of dogs for her to play with. Unfortunately, there were only huge dogs there, and none in the "small dog" area. We stayed for about an hour, but then left in search of another dog park - and we found one! At this one, there were five little dogs for her to play with, and she had sooooo much fun. It took her a while to get brave enough to run around, but once she did, she had a ball. She slept for about 6 hours when she got home.

I also finished most of my Xmas shopping - I ordered a down comforter for my mom, and bought some nice makeup for one of my sisters - now I just need something else for BF and something small for my Stepdad.

I also made PB cookie dough and chocolate chip cookie dough in preparation for tonight's baking. I still need to make my white chocoalte cranberry dough, and mint biscotti dough - and then tonight we're baking tons of cookies to mail to BF's parents and sisters.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning ladies!  This weekend was great!  I'm sad to be back to work reality:(

Thursday was BF's work party, and it turns into a late night drunk fest.  So we were a little hungover and spent Friday on the couch with takeout and Ted.  Ted maybe BF's new favorite movie. 

Saturday was an annual friends Christmas party.  They changed it up this year and we had a wine tasting.  So fun.  We all brought 2 bottles of the same wine, we used one of the two as  the "taster" and then voted on our top three.  Whoever's got the most votes got to take home the remaining second bottles. 

Yesterday, BF and I finally bought our tree and menorah (way late on that!!!) and put them up. When were all decorated for the day we decided to head to the movies and saw Argo.  We really liked it.

Now I have a super case of the Mondays.  Wah, Wah.  

photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Suzie- Your wine tasting Christmas party sounds like a lot of fun!  What wine did you bring and which wine won? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Heather-  I brought a Malbec blend called Urban, and the winner was also a Malbec called Las Nencias.    I actually liked the winner better than mine, too:)

For fairness, you couldn't ( or weren't supposed to) vote for your own.  I actually didn't tell BF what we brought, and he tried ours and immediately didn't like it.  HA!  But then saw what kind it was ( I love Malbec), and he guessed it might be ours.  He immediately changed his tune and said he liked it.  Too funny.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Morning everyone! I worked all weekend, but one of the gals I work with is quickly becoming one of my bestfriends so it was a wonderful weekend! Bf and I also had a double date with a two of our friends and went to Cherry Berry for the first time! It was so good. Plus he had made stirfry for me earlier.

We're on our third blizzard warning and it's snowing like crazy here so I'm hoping beyond all hope that our flight tomorrow isn't delayed! My sister was due three days ago. I'm secretly very happy she's not had her baby yet because I might get to be there! I know I'm a bad sister.

Anyways, I'm 100% done with my Christmas shopping. (YAY) All that's left is one DIY that I'm making after the flight.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Good morning!

Ugh I hope everyone who is sick gets better soon :(  Being sick is no fun. 

My weekend was good.  Saturday H and I got our first Christmas and I spent the day decorating it.  Yesterday I did all my laundry, cleared a little, made chocolate croissants, and went shopping.  

I haven't seen the Hobbit yet and I am dying too.   I am about 50% done with my Christmas shopping.  I am so far behind *hangs head in shame* 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Good afternoon!  It's an okay day for me since I have it off.  The only downside to today is I'm cleaning and I hate cleaning.

Saturday I worked in the morning and was supposed to go to Hannukah dinner with BF's family that evening, but they decided this year they were going to make it a brunch.  I have to admit I was upset that I couldn't go.  I think I'm more upset over the realization that if I don't get to celebrate Xmas eve and Xmas (two get-togethers with different family), I won't have celebrated a single holiday with my family this year and it really bums me out.

Sunday I worked from mid-day to the early evening and then came home and did nothing but watch Top Gear UK and browse the internet.  This weekend were the two busiest days I've ever worked so I was exhausted and so ready for today.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards