Chit Chat

Favorite?

I've only been to a total of 4 weddings in my life with two being family and one I was in. I know a lot of you ladies have been to more so I gotta ask, what was your favorite or most memorable wedding memory? Either your own or as a guest, what details stuck out the most?

Re: Favorite?

• My cousin got married on the beach in NC... in October. As luck would have it, there was a Nor'easter coming so the surf was really rough and it was cloudy and chilly. They didn't account for the tide schedule, so as the ceremony went on (which no one could hear over the wind and water), we all watched as the waves approached closer and closer until the 80+ year old minister got wet up to his calves.

I'm getting married in the same area in May. We've used the Farmer's Almanac to check out tide schedules and have a backup plan in case of bad weather. There will also be a mic and PA so people can actually hear the ceremony. Lessons learned.
  • 2 good friends of mine are huge music people.  They played in a band together and it's always been a part of their life.  Their wedding had a music theme to it.  All the tables were names of their favorite love songs and if the DJ played your tables song, you got to eat.  They also did about 45 min of karaoke before the dance started which was super fun.  Theirs was the best wedding I've been to, other than my own.  

• My favorite wedding was that of one of my bridesmaids. The officiant made me bawl, it was the most beautiful ceremony. I LOVE watching her wedding video. The company was fantastic....we danced all night...and during her cocktail hour, the venue made little creatures out of fruit for the display.

One wedding I went to was very lavish and included 2 cast members from Phantom of the Opera on Broadway performing a song from it before us. There were over 300 people at this wedding. It was actually one of my least favorites, we felt very out of place.

I also went to a wedding in N. Maine where people came in jeans and a tshirt.... and then after the ceremony, dressed down.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:d55b8ba3-549e-48b9-8d72-7154fb6a46b3Post:5007aec3-4f17-424e-9ca2-9769a640ad8b">Re: Favorite?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My favorite wedding was that of one of my bridesmaids. The officiant made me bawl, it was the most beautiful ceremony. I LOVE watching her wedding video. The company was fantastic....we danced all night...and during her cocktail hour, the venue made little creatures out of fruit for the display. One wedding I went to was very lavish and included 2 cast members from Phantom of the Opera on Broadway performing a song from it before us. There were over 300 people at this wedding. It was actually one of my least favorites, we felt very out of place. I also went to a wedding in N. Maine where<strong> people came in jeans and a tshirt.... and then after the ceremony, dressed down</strong>.
    Posted by MuppetFan[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, ok I have to ask. . . how?

Will anyone beat me if I say I don't really remember a whole lot of details from the weddings I have been in/attended?  No, I wasn't black-out drunk, I just don't really remember many specifics except I had a lot of fun.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:d55b8ba3-549e-48b9-8d72-7154fb6a46b3Post:eae8e00a-c2c0-4e71-b6a5-833a68f75f61">Re: Favorite?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite? : Hahahaha, ok I have to ask. . . how? Will anyone beat me if I say I don't really remember a whole lot of details from the weddings I have been in/attended?  No, I wasn't black-out drunk, I just don't really remember many specifics except I had a lot of fun.
    Posted by cmsciulli[/QUOTE]

Apparently the wedding clothing were their "Sunday" jeans and t-shirts. They brought their regular clothing with them which were very holey jeans and ripped t-shirts. Some of the BMs just put on a t-shirt too. I remember one of them was wearing a wendy's tshirt that had stains all over it.

It was humid as hell but I stayed in a sweater because it was black fly season and this was outdoors and I didn't know not to use scented bath products or body spray (lesson learned). There were like 10 people from the bride's side that were in suits and a few BM dresses and they were 100% uncomfortable with the whole event.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• I've been to close to 15 weddings so far, and honestly nothing has stood out as bad, but the most memorable would be my cousins wedding when I was 12.  I was a jr. bridesmaid; in was in NY and was the last time I saw my Gpa.  On a random note she wanted me to do a dance at the reception (I was a competitive dancer so it was not bad I promise, haha).  I was so embarrassed at first, but it actually was really fun and turned out great.  It was nice for my back east family to get to see me dance "live." and they still talk about it to this day, lol. (Don't worry I will NOT be doing any dance solo's at my wedding).  While it was embarassing at first, I remember it so well and am glad people enjoyed it too.

As an adult, by far my favorite was my best friends wedding in Tahoe.  We had a little too much fun at the reception and later at the after party, but it was all in good fun and just the best all around.  The venue was gorgeous, my BF looked amazing; The reception was classy and fun; Food was delicious; Her H surprised her (and the guests) with a firework display before their send off.  After party was just like a big high school/college reunion--but with the people you actually wanted to see and catch up with.  It was just awesome in every way. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards