Wedding Party

Re: ...

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I don't think you're going to find any under $10. Even if you did, they'd feel like cardboard against their skin.

Target's are about $20 and at least would be something your bridesmaids might actually use again.

http://www.target.com/p/gilligan-o-malley-women-s-knit-robe-assorted-colors/-/A-14279783#prodSlot=medium_1_5&term=bathrobe
  • Are you considering this part of their BM gifts?  If so, please rethink.  Do all of them even like bathrobes?  I love a good bathrobe but some people don't wear them.  And even though I wear a robe all the time, a $10 robe would be no where near the comfort level and plushness that a more expensive robe would be.

A BM gift should be geared toward each girl.  You should shop for them like it is their birthday or Christmas.  Buy something not related to the wedding (because I feel like these robes are more for you for a good photo op then they are for them because they like them) and something that they can enjoy for months or years down the road, and not just for your one day.

Also, even if they do all love wearing a robe, don't monogram them.  Not everyone likes walking around with their initials or name plastered on their clothing.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_looking-for-inexpensive-bathrobes-for-gifts-for-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:e0ba4255-86db-41fb-8ad1-cf278a759273Post:34e40340-cba8-4bd8-8032-fba54aeae216">Re: Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Victoria's Secret and many lingerie stores have nice robes.  Please re-think the monogramming. Don't put their names on them unless you see your bridesmaid walk around with SUSAN on her clothes.  It also creates a white elephant they can't even donate to Goodwill if it's not to their taste.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

I know my bridesmaids well enough to know they will like monogram items. It makes it personal.

By the way....you can donate almost anything to goodwill.  Even if it has someone's name on it goodwill will take it.  There may be someone with the same name shopping at goodwill or there may be someone that says hey I need a robe and i dont care that it has someone's name on it.

If you have a link for robes please share that.  Thank you very much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_looking-for-inexpensive-bathrobes-for-gifts-for-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:e0ba4255-86db-41fb-8ad1-cf278a759273Post:7f612823-af06-4947-8d40-4247f2f5d62b">Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Ladies, I am looking for some inexpensive bathrobes for my bridal party that I am going to get monogrammed.  I am looking for something less than 10 dollars.  If you have any suggestions please let me know.  Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
    Posted by RanyattaCasey[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your comments, but please only share links.  That's all I am looking for.  thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. I answered you on CC

2. You can't tell people how to post

3. If you post the same thing on multiple boards please put "XP" in the subject line
  • I, too, answered you on CC. I see you also posted this on Budget. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_looking-for-inexpensive-bathrobes-for-gifts-for-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:e0ba4255-86db-41fb-8ad1-cf278a759273Post:6e66cac5-2a42-45d5-bb64-e52656d0ab45">Re: Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I answered you on CC 2. You can't tell people how to post 3. If you post the same thing on multiple boards please put "XP" in the subject line
    Posted by Salsera29[/QUOTE]

1. I am only looking for suggestions.  If you dont have any no need to post.  Your opinion isnt going to change the fact that I want these robes.

Chill out....its not that serious....I am just asking for a link.  If you have one, then that's great.  if you don't you are wasting your time because all I am looking for is  a link and not your opinion about what I plan to purchase with my money for my wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_looking-for-inexpensive-bathrobes-for-gifts-for-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:e0ba4255-86db-41fb-8ad1-cf278a759273Post:fa2b085b-9faa-4b4f-8350-fb6b876b5ba2">Re: Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party : I know my bridesmaids well enough to know they will like monogram items. It makes it personal. By the way....you can donate almost anything to goodwill.  Even if it has someone's name on it goodwill will take it.  There may be someone with the same name shopping at goodwill or there may be someone that says hey I need a robe and i dont care that it has someone's name on it. If you have a link for robes please share that.  Thank you very much.

Um, I'm going to go against your wishes because I don't actually have any link suggestions, sorry . . . but I back you on the donating anything to Goodwill.  I love finding monogrammed stuff in the racks, especially uniforms.  They make great Halloween costumes.
    Good luck finding your bathrobes!  Sorry that I couldn't help more. 

• RanyattaCaseyRanyattaCasey member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    I have found my bathrobes that I plan to purchase at the price I want from a person on another board. Thanks to those that tried to help and even bac me on the goodwill thing.

It's amazing how people have so much to say on a computer.  Wow....I wonder if it would be the same in person?

Nevertheless I will not post on this board anymore.  This is my first and last time. again, thank you for those that tried to help and provided a link. I thought when you are on a blog and you are tryimg to be helpful you are supposed to be courteous...

I guess some of us forgot our manners when we logged on....

...Drops the mike and leaves stage right.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
     You don't get to tell us how to post.  We are trying to help you save face and not come off as a cheap friend after these girls spend lots of money on your wedding stuff.

If you don't want our help, GOOGLE it yourself.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Well since apparently you don't want any advice on this horrible idea, Walmart has robes for $15.  I doubt you will find any for less then that.  Just know that a $15 robe will be crap.  Do you really want to give your closests friends crap as their gift?  If so, have fun.

Oh and by the way, you posted on a public forum.  We can post however we want.  You cannot dictate the responses you get.  If you don't like a response then ignore it but don't come back her telling us how you would like us to respond because that is not the way it works.

Honestly, you have a bunch of women telling you that this is a bad idea.  If I had posted something on here and everyone came back and said, no that idea stinks, I would definitely be rethinking my idea.  Just saying.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_looking-for-inexpensive-bathrobes-for-gifts-for-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:e0ba4255-86db-41fb-8ad1-cf278a759273Post:c89f03ed-9b66-4c0d-a71c-f6ed8d43c3db">Re: Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have found my bathrobes that I plan to purchase at the price I want from a person on another board. Thanks to those that tried to help and even bac me on the goodwill thing.<strong> It's amazing how people have so much to say on a computer.  Wow....I wonder if it would be the same in person?</strong> Nevertheless I will not post on this board anymore.  This is my first and last time. again, thank you for those that tried to help and provided a link. I thought when you are on a blog and you are tryimg to be helpful you are supposed to be courteous... I guess some of us forgot our manners when we logged on.... ...Drops the mike and leaves stage right.....

Actually, yes I would tell you that buying $10 bathrobes is a bad idea because they will be cheap crap quality and unless each and every one of your BMs like robes, would be a poor gift to give.  I have no problem being up front and real to people in person as I am on here.

• If this was your first time using these boards,  how do you have 338 posts?
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_looking-for-inexpensive-bathrobes-for-gifts-for-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:e0ba4255-86db-41fb-8ad1-cf278a759273Post:0a0f146a-cf8b-4bdb-bd4b-70c09ce04b6d">Re: Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party</a>:
    [QUOTE]If this was your first time using these boards,  how do you have 338 posts?
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]
    I think she meant THIS board in particular, Peek. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_looking-for-inexpensive-bathrobes-for-gifts-for-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:e0ba4255-86db-41fb-8ad1-cf278a759273Post:955915a7-6dd6-4761-9e13-408853f604a7">Re: Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party : I think she meant THIS board in particular, Peek. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

<div>Ah.  I wasn't sure, just trying to figure out if it's a GBCK or GBCWP.  :)</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_looking-for-inexpensive-bathrobes-for-gifts-for-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:e0ba4255-86db-41fb-8ad1-cf278a759273Post:25a1c986-11cd-462e-a7cd-609806bc1647">Re: Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/cdcxvay" rel="nofollow">http://tinyurl.com/cdcxvay</a>
    Posted by kmbryant2413[/QUOTE]

You piqued my curiosity... now I can't stop laughing!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_looking-for-inexpensive-bathrobes-for-gifts-for-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:e0ba4255-86db-41fb-8ad1-cf278a759273Post:c05ee227-fa54-49a1-8296-6ddc10ed5d5d">Re: Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party : I appreciate your comments, but please only share links.  That's all I am looking for.  thank you.

Why would you quote yourself....then delete your OP? That seems kind of contradictory...no?
    Anniversary
  • hahah "drops the mike"
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • Google it. If you didn't give a little speech about how we have no manners, I'd help more. So that's the only link I'm going to give you.
  • winelover-I think we're on the same wavelength!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_looking-for-inexpensive-bathrobes-for-gifts-for-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:e0ba4255-86db-41fb-8ad1-cf278a759273Post:c89f03ed-9b66-4c0d-a71c-f6ed8d43c3db">Re: Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have found my bathrobes that I plan to purchase at the price I want from a person on another board. Thanks to those that tried to help and even bac me on the goodwill thing. It's amazing how people have so much to say on a computer.  Wow....I wonder if it would be the same in person? Nevertheless I will not post on this board anymore.  This is my first and last time. again, thank you for those that tried to help and provided a link. I thought when you are on a blog and you are tryimg to be helpful you are supposed to be courteous... I guess some of us forgot our manners when we logged on.... ...Drops the mike and leaves stage right.....

Those that replied were trying to be helpful.  They were telling you that many people would not like to receive a cheap monogrammed robe and would have no use for it, in case you would like to consider spending your money on something better.  Sorry that you don't like the answers you got.  Have fun on Weddingbee.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_looking-for-inexpensive-bathrobes-for-gifts-for-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:e0ba4255-86db-41fb-8ad1-cf278a759273Post:fa2b085b-9faa-4b4f-8350-fb6b876b5ba2">Re: Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Looking for inexpensive bathrobes for gifts for bridal party :<strong> I know my bridesmaids well enough to know they will like monogram items</strong>. It makes it personal. By the way....you can donate almost anything to goodwill.  Even if it has someone's name on it goodwill will take it.  There may be someone with the same name shopping at goodwill or there may be someone that says hey I need a robe and i dont care that it has someone's name on it. If you have a link for robes please share that.  Thank you very much.

I have known my bridesmaids for 10-15 years and see/speak with them several times a week and I have no clue if they would like a monogrammed gift.  That seems like a strange thing to know about someone.  Unless you're friends with Laverne De Fazio.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • LDubHawksFanLDubHawksFan member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    Ha, I came after the dd, and was starting you get disappointed that none if the regs quoted it, but luckily the op quoted herself in one of her responses. Classic. eta: the reason I don't like monogrammed items is I don't like wearing my initials around, and even if I did, now all the things with my maiden initials would not work since I have a new last name.

• Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Oh OP, don't you know you're supposed to exit stage LEFT?

And only after you say, "Play me off, Johnny!"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards