Wedding Etiquette Forum

Uneven parties

Ok so orginally my fiance and I both picked 3 people for bridesmaid/groomsmen. One of my bridesmaids is unable to make it and I decided not to select another one this late in the game and just have my 2. The problem is my fiance still has 3 on his side and the third guy has expressed that he does not want to be the odd one out. We offered for him to be an usher instead but he declined. Pretty much we don't know what to do with him now. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how else to include someone?

Re: Uneven parties

• He's being silly. Can you just have the GM at the front, the BMs walk in single file, then everyone walk out single file? So it's not a pairing issue?
  • 2 guys walk with one girl, NBD

Its not up to the groomsman-- you are right by not replacing the bridesmaid.

Anniversary
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    Nobody is odd man out. Two guys can walk one girl, or they can all walk single file. The only "pair" at a wedding that is necessary is the bride and groom.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • edited March 2013
    I think it's silly that the GM is even concerned about this. I would probably just not even pair them up for walking at all--have them all file in one by one. This should not even be an issue.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • There's nothing odd about it. You could have the guys walk up together behind your H if it makes him more comfortable than walking in with a bridesmaid or by himself.  
  • edited April 2013
    Typically the best man and groom don't walk down the aisle, so no one is the odd man out, at least during the processional. During the recessional, they can all either walk alone, or the best man can walk alone. The groomsman is being silly.
  •  OP should go with her heart, it's never wrong!
  • Thanks for all the suggestions! I feel better now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards