Chit Chat

BIG hair days??

We were all reminiscing about our big 80s hair today at dinner. It was fun with everyone gesticulating about how wide/tall their hair used to be. A LOT of hairspray back in those days. It seemed like everyone had a good "big hair" story. I remember a guy we met in a club in the late 80s and said he could tell which brand hairspray we used just by smelling. Sounds pervy, but he got all 5 of us right. (3 of us were Aqua Net, no surprise there...). two of us knew of a girl whose hair caught on fire from all the hairspray. I remember everyone (teachers included) wanting to touch my hair. It was impressive because it wouldn't move, even in a tornado. Plus my bangs were about 6" high...
Man, those were fun times! Anyone else have a "big hair" story?

Re: BIG hair days??

• I don't really have any stories. But I still tease the heck out of my hair near the back since it's so fine and thin. Its not mile high, but i like to give it a lot of volume. And I have to admit, I do own a bump it and I love it.
  • I definitely feathered my bangs.  I can't believe we thought we all looked good.

I used White Rain hairspray.  I had never even heard of Aquanet until Mad Men.  Whoops!
  • Rave hairspray for my mega mall bangs and wings.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I feel like I should share my 6th grade school photo. Taken in 1998, I had shoulder-length hair and a side park and my hair was SWOOPED up in the front by my forehead, about two inches high. That's the most I ever let my mom tease my hair.

The swoop is nicely accented with a velvet leopard-print turtleneck and buckteeth (which I've since grown out of).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_big-hair-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:89ff700f-0637-4255-8f49-adadd6c811a1Post:59f62b57-717f-4872-b521-ea6c110c3d57">Re: BIG hair days??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like I should share my 6th grade school photo. Taken in 1998, I had shoulder-length hair and a side park and my hair was SWOOPED up in the front by my forehead, about two inches high. That's the most I ever let my mom tease my hair. The swoop is nicely accented with a velvet leopard-print turtleneck and buckteeth (which I've since grown out of).
    Posted by zoberg[/QUOTE]

<div>PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you put this up? I'm imagining it so vividly in my mind, but I just.. I need to see this.</div>
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards