Chit Chat

Full body RLS?

2»

Re: Full body RLS?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_full-body-rls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a511f1fa-8149-4f87-94bd-daf1d84eed8ePost:6901d577-fb88-4c95-a247-ec3db19c9f11">Re: Full body RLS?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Full body RLS? :
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I was hoping you'd bring those over here.
    Anniversary
  • Stage, can I ask you a sort of personal question?  How long did it take you to get your initial RLS dx?  I find it's an incredibly hard dx to get, and I've given up on it.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • mochietoemochietoe member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_full-body-rls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a511f1fa-8149-4f87-94bd-daf1d84eed8ePost:e9a13b02-419d-42b3-ada1-bdb503e4bda3">Re:Full body RLS?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Full body RLS?: Okay, this post is every bit as offensive as any bride who has ever come on here and claimed she was "OCD" about her WP being even.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Sorry I did not mean for that to be offensive. I by no means was saying I have RLS as I have never been to the doctor for it and have not been properly diagnosed. Since I was a kid (before I saw the commercials or even knew RLS was a real thing) I used to call it restless body syndrome (which is why I said I has RBS). I apologize.

ETA: for clarity
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_full-body-rls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a511f1fa-8149-4f87-94bd-daf1d84eed8ePost:13ad538b-55fc-401a-94cc-d38a116b4c90">Re:Full body RLS?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Full body RLS? : I'm going off the facts you have listed or implied here. If these are incorrect, I apologize.
    1. It's infrequent- <strong>Yes this is true, maybe 1-2 times a month, sometimes less frequent</strong>
    2. It's only in one leg (or was initially)- <strong>I typically feel it only in my right leg</strong>
    3. It's "spreading"- <strong>Yes I am feeling what I feel in my leg in my arm, but only the past two nights</strong>
    4. When it happens seems to be related to stress-<strong> not that I've concluded</strong>
    5. You are having a hard time FALLING asleep-<strong> I always have, even before the "AST", but when I experience what I do, it usually keeps me awake.</strong> 

Again, not a doctor and considering they are still figuring out a LOT about RLS (it's only been recognized for about the last 30 years and actually studied for the last 15 to 20), these may all be new things that just haven't been common until now.  But this does not describe anything close to my personal symptoms or any of the possible variants of symptoms that I HAVE discussed with multiple doctors.

Really, I get this tingling feeling (not pins and needles) in my leg that makes me feel like I constantly have to shake my leg. It's not painful, it's just annoying.
    Anniversary
  • I've often considered doing a sleep study, but have no idea how to begin with getting into that. I've never been able to fall asleep right away when I go to bed, and I usually wake up constantly through the night, even when I'm not experiencing the presumed RLS.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_full-body-rls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a511f1fa-8149-4f87-94bd-daf1d84eed8ePost:f47020ce-838b-4162-ad10-19afe52e9cb3">Re: Full body RLS?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Full body RLS? : It's probably a tumor.  You should have it amputated.

Makes me think of the Arnold quote from "Kindergarten Cop" lol!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I call trolling. Nobody has neurological events, then tralalas to a wedding forum of all things for medical advice, then proceeds to ask a series of questions: the answer to each being SEE A DOCTOR. Nope, I have too much faith on humanity. Lahlahlah
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_full-body-rls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a511f1fa-8149-4f87-94bd-daf1d84eed8ePost:3b76acb7-4be5-4f18-8738-0a835154f40c">Re: Full body RLS?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know that brain tumors broadcast your thoughts to the aliens right? And even thoughts you never knew you had.

It's not really a tumor. .. that's the tracking probe they put in your brain.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_full-body-rls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a511f1fa-8149-4f87-94bd-daf1d84eed8ePost:3fcfa93e-a4d3-42fe-9c0f-a298108a9ed9">Re:Full body RLS?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Full body RLS? : Really, my point still stands that you <strong>need to see a doctor </strong>about it.  It could be nerve damage, it could be a circulation issue, it could be a dietary deficiency, It could be a muscular problem, it could be stress, it could be RLS, or it could be something completely different. FWIW, the descriptions in the commercials are nothing like what I feel.  Mine isn't anything pins and needley or like something is "crawling on me", it's like having the dire need to stretch every single muscle in my legs in every possible direction at the same time (which is of course impossible) and keep them continually flexed (which is even more impossible).  It also doesn't affect my ability to fall asleep, but rather is bad enough to wake me up from a dead sleep after about 15 to 20 minutes. Not saying that's what it's like for everyone, I doubt it is.   But H and I always chuckle at the Requip commercials because they don't accurately describe what I feel at all and completely describe the symptoms he feels from the pinched nerve in his hip.  

As long as my procrastination doesn't get the best of me, I plan on calling today for an appointment. Thank you for sharing your experience with it.
    Anniversary
  • Jessa617 Jessa617 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_full-body-rls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a511f1fa-8149-4f87-94bd-daf1d84eed8ePost:6a100fe1-be76-4c46-940a-8ca921dd76a1">Re:Full body RLS?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I call trolling. Nobody has neurological events, then tralalas to a wedding forum of all things for medical advice, then proceeds to ask a series of questions: the answer to each being SEE A DOCTOR. Nope, I have too much faith on humanity. Lahlahlah
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

Sorry you feel that way Pele. My whole point of the OP was if anyone experienced any changes as their wedding date closed in. 

As stated in my OP, I know the obvious is to see a Dr. I wasn't asking for everyone to fix me.

ETA- Just saw the BC post... I see why you're calling troll now.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_full-body-rls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a511f1fa-8149-4f87-94bd-daf1d84eed8ePost:9ff7a568-ffc9-4aaf-be39-085f3a71321e">Re: Full body RLS?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Full body RLS? : Step one is calling your doctor (I cannot belabor this point enough.  CALL YOUR DOCTOR).  If they think it's warranted they will refer you to a clinic.  You don't just decide one day you're not falling asleep fast enough and walk into a clinic. I know a handful of people that "fall asleep right away."  Most people don't.  When I was first referred to a sleep clinic it was because I was averaging 2 hours of interrupted sleep every night.  It took me 3-4 hours after lying down to fall asleep.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

The only reason I am jealous of my FI. He starts snoring the second he hits the pillow. How is that possible??
    Anniversary
  • Jessa617 Jessa617 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    Looks like I won't find out for another two months.
    Anniversary
  • You guessed right Stage.
    Anniversary
  • Eh...I don't mind. It's my own fault for never mentioning it before. I've dealt with it for a few years, so what's another two months?

Funny because it's the opposite with me. I can get in with my OBGYN pretty quickly but my PCP books far out, even for "sick" appointments.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards