Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Dress order fail.

Netbride had given me a suggested order by date for the bridesmaid dresses, which I had passed along to my girls. The date wasn't until the end of next month. MOH just texted me to tell me she wanted to place her order now, and they told her it would take about 20 weeks to arrive. This will only leave 2 weeks for alterations, and with my lack of knowledge on the subject, I don't know if that's enough time. Some girls will be ordering long dresses and having them hemmed to knee-length. I'll need to ask my other BMs to order their dresses ASAP rather than by next month, clearly, but is this going to work?

Re: Dress order fail.

• Options
    I have no advice but 20 weeks? That seems like such a long time. Even David's only says up to 12 weeks. Where are thy shipping from? Can you find the dress somewhere else?
  • Options
    Yeah, they had originally told me 10-16 weeks, but the dresses usually arrive around 12 weeks. I'm hoping that it's just this one style and not all of them (they could choose any of 7 other styles). I called and left a message, so I'm hoping they'll call me back. MOH and another BM have been trying to find the styles to try on, and suddenly nobody is carrying them. I picked After Six by Dessy thinking they would be super easy to find and order.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dress-order-fail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a14d71e4-0da0-480b-acb8-99ff101ba560Post:50ba50c1-c4ae-4fe0-b13e-67f1d3f9c780">Re: Dress order fail.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you checked this out? <a href="http://www.dessy.com/storefinder/" rel="nofollow">http://www.dessy.com/storefinder/</a> You may be able to find a store near you / your bridesmaids that can order the dresses directly instead of ordering them online? It may speed up the process a little bit.
    Posted by TheMissusLia[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm actually calling down that list right now, thanks! They may have to order directly, netbride is just much less expensive. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Dress order fail.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dress order fail.:Have you checked this out? <a href="http://www.dessy.com/storefinder/" rel="nofollow">http://www.dessy.com/storefinder/</a> You may be able to find a store near you / your bridesmaids that can order the dresses directly instead of ordering them online? It may speed up the process a little bit.Posted by TheMissusLiaI'm actually calling down that list right now, thanks! They may have to order directly, netbride is just much less expensive.nbsp; Posted by cookie0803[/QUOTE]

If they are significantly cheaper, are you sure it's not a knock off site?
  • Options
    I'd normally discourage ordering from the internet, but Netbride does have an A+ BBB rating...seems legit.

Sounds like a long time, especially post Chinese New Year. That's what normally makes things take a long time.

From what I understand, it's probably going to take the same amount of time no matter who you go too. They are all coming from the same manufacturer (most likely in China). Most shops pad the lead times.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    It's an authorized online retailer, they order directly from After Six, and they're BBB accredited. Definitely not a knock off site.
  • Options

Shop Joielle (click) also carries After Six BM dresses and says 11-12 weeks. I ordered my Alfred Sung(by Dessy) BM's dresses from Shop Joielle on Feb 17 and already got notification yesterday that they are ready to ship. Their prices were much lower than any Bridal shops that we went to and you get an extra 10% off if you're ordering 4 or more dresses.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would call up the Nebraska bridal outlet, they order after 6 dresses, all are 129 and they ship for 25. All dresses are brand new.
  • Options
    MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I'd call them up. I think they're just being conservative with their lead times to guarantee them for you.

In my business, I pad lead times because things can happen and I'd prefer to err on the side of caution. We have one line that ALWAYS runs 3 weeks later than they promise so we add 3 weeks to those lead times. People complain to us that our lead times are longer and I have to explain that we are all getting it from the same place. The lead time is going to be the same regardless, I am just quoting from our experience to advise you that their leads aren't accurate.

Because your wedding date is fixed and you MUST have dresses in beforehand, it makes sense to me that they pad it more significantly to prepare you more...but like I said, in the end, they all come from the same place. iF you are ordering online and this place is cheapest, I'd choose them because they have a great BBB rating.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    Try Pearls Place in LA also. They discount dresses, but you have to order over the phone, not online.  See what time frame they give you.
  • Options
    Thanks so much, I really appreciate you all taking the time to find those places!
  • Options
    I don't have a new recommendation but can say that I had a great experience with Netbride for my BMs dresses 6 years ago. We used the Jasmine B2 line and I think they arrived in 8 weeks. I picked up the rush fee required and they were in perfect shape. They may not be the best option for the OP but I just wanted to let you know of an actual experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards