California-San Diego

Oceanview room point loma

Hi--first posting on any website ever! Was hoping to get reviews on Oceanview room on the naval base in Point Loma for November ceremony/reception. Planning from NY so can't see the venue in person to get a real sense but it looks beautiful from the photos. San Diego evenings in Nov....have to be indoors or outdoors on deck with heat lamps ok? Also wondering about the food since it seems to get variable reviews. Any advice would be great! Thanks :)

Re: Oceanview room point loma

• Hi. We just had our Holiday Party there in December 2012 and was a little chilly, 30-40 degrees at night, but there were a few people who hung out there with no coats (the one's who were drinking lol) There were heat lamps though, but it also sprinkled just a little bit. Beautiful view of San Diego at night. I don't have good pictures of the place but if one of my co-workers have it I'll post or send a link of where you can find it. The food was awsome. We went to the food show I think in October and tasted everything before we finalized our menu. They were all good. I think they were rated best in San Diego, 4 or 5 star. If you see any old posts past December 2012 then ignore it. They were terrible, but have gotten better since then. If you could fly out for the food show to taste I would do it if that's a major concern. Hope this helps! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards