New Jersey
Options

HELP! need affordable but nice wedding venus

I am looking get married about an hour to 75 minutes away from Edison, NJ (can be parts of PA which might be cheaper) I just dont know any nice places that are affordable! (80-90) a person, preferably!

thanks, everyone!

Re: HELP! need affordable but nice wedding venus

• Options
    What is your definition of affordable? Do you know an estimate per person, or overall food/alcohol budget?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I would like to stay between 80-90 a person

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_help-need-affordable-but-nice-wedding-venus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:81af258d-6412-4a3b-b912-c55d6afc5f90Post:82771ff8-161e-4fad-a3e5-c1dd61d6d649">Re: HELP! need affordable but nice wedding venus</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is your definition of affordable? Do you know an estimate per person, or overall food/alcohol budget?
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I live 2 towns from Edison and in my opinion this area is cheaper vs going farther atleast vs going north. There is Pines Manor, Galloping Hills, Rosewood, etc. You can check the Atrium in West Orange. Also, quite a few places may be around 90/person if you do a Fri/Sun or an afternoon wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Neshanic Valley golf course (catered by MerriMakers) is reasonable. There are a few venues up in Sussex and Morris county that may work for you: Skyview, Beaver Brook Golf club, Perona Farms, Farmstead, Flanders Valley, Black Bear (possibly Ballyowen) at Crystal Springs. I started by making a list of venues that I liked and just emailed them to find out prices. You may be surprised at what is (or isn't) in your price range.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    It depends a lot on what time of year you're looking to get married in and if you're flexible on day/time. We got Mayfair Farms for $75++ for a Sunday evening in early April. We also had looked at Perona Farms, Bretton Woods, and Old Tappan Manor (though that's pretty far north for you) for around that price too. However, I'm not sure if they would have been in that price range for a Saturday in mid May. So, if you're flexible on that sort of thing, that might help you with pricing as well.
  • Options

The Reception Center at St. Clements in Matawan.  I hate the parking lot area, but the venue has done updating.  I was there for a wedding about 8 yrs ago & the food was very good and they did a very nice job with the cocktail hr & the reception.  I considered the place for my wedding, but DH hated the parking lot & didn't want to see the inside.  They did add a garden area outside since I looked at the place. 
    I am having an anniversary party there in the small room they offer in May.  For a full sit down dinner w/ open bar(not their premium bar), dual table linens, chair covers with ties & centerpieces - it came out to around $54pp.  (no cocktail hr & only a 4 hr party).  I would think the wedding prices are a little more, but they shouldn't be too much more. GL

• Options
    Ditto to the Rosewood and The Reception Center.  Those two places were in our top three.  The pricing is exactly where you are looking to be at.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you guys so much!!
  • Options
    We are getting married at the Women's Club of Glen Ridge and having a caterer. Come in to do the rest hoping our budget would be 13k when all is said and done, but we wont go over 15k.
  • Options
    One of the cheapest places I know if that is actually nice is The Somerville Elks Lodge on Route 28 in Bridewater.  Their packages start at $19.95 pp.  Yes you read that corectly.  Before you blow if off as just an Elks Lodge, go look at it.  The banquet rooms are genuinely nice; one has floor to ceiling windos that back to woods.     The Woodbride Elks also have a huge banquet room but it's not as pretty. 
  • Options
    Mayfair Farms in West Orange is in your price range. It's beautiful, and they have different packages based on how much you want to spend.
  • Options
    Hilton Hasbrouck Heights

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_help-need-affordable-but-nice-wedding-venus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:81af258d-6412-4a3b-b912-c55d6afc5f90Post:aa7fc50c-c744-4a8a-97a2-e3adfa73a878">HELP! need affordable but nice wedding venus</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking get married about an hour to 75 minutes away from Edison, NJ (can be parts of PA which might be cheaper) I just dont know any nice places that are affordable! (80-90) a person, preferably! thanks, everyone!
    Posted by megalega14[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi! We are neighbors, I live in Fords. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>We are getting married at The Grand Marquis in Old Bridge next May. For the holiday weekend the price is $90 (plus tax) a person. It depends on when your wedding is, but you can always call and find out how much they want for your day.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_help-need-affordable-but-nice-wedding-venus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:81af258d-6412-4a3b-b912-c55d6afc5f90Post:4662d42a-d747-48c0-a83b-9fd320fede5d">Re: HELP! need affordable but nice wedding venus</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to HELP! need affordable but nice wedding venus : Hi! We are neighbors, I live in Fords. :) We are getting married at The Grand Marquis in Old Bridge next May. For the holiday weekend the price is $90 (plus tax) a person. It depends on when your wedding is, but you can always call and find out how much they want for your day.
    Posted by carlydaily[/QUOTE]

LOVE their ceiling!!! Congrats!!
  • Options
    GB520GB520 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    i am looking in same or less price range a few to look at: 
    David's Country Inn hackettstown
    Bank Street Annex, Easton, PA
    Royce Brook Golf Club does $75p/p for a neat option with lot of stations.
    there are a lot of nice places in the Poconos as well.

I read Panther Valley Country Club is willing to work w/ you and reasonable not sure of exact price range. 

just looked at Mayfair's website and will be checking them out!! no prices and their email doesnt work...will call wknd!
    Cool
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_help-need-affordable-but-nice-wedding-venus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:81af258d-6412-4a3b-b912-c55d6afc5f90Post:4662d42a-d747-48c0-a83b-9fd320fede5d">Re: HELP! need affordable but nice wedding venus</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to HELP! need affordable but nice wedding venus : Hi! We are neighbors, I live in Fords. :) We are getting married at The Grand Marquis in Old Bridge next May. For the holiday weekend the price is $90 (plus tax) a person. It depends on when your wedding is, but you can always call and find out how much they want for your day.
    Posted by carlydaily[/QUOTE]

I agree with the Grand Marquis!  It is gorgeous, affordable, the food is wonderful and the staff is AMAZING.  I am also getting married a holiday weekend....Columbus Day weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards