Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA PERMITS

I am planning to do my engagement photo session in June (on a Sunday). The locations I have chosen are PHILADELPHIA ART MUSEUM (the rocky steps as well as the greek architecture); CITY HALL; INDEPENDENCE HALL/LIBERTY BELL....i want to shoot OUTDOORS for each location and was wondering if I needed a permit for any of them and WHERE I can obtain the permits.

If any one has done their photos this year (2013) please let me know. ALL suggestions would be highly appreciated! thank youuu

Re: PHILADELPHIA PERMITS

• I don't think you need permits in any of these places jut to take pics. You would need a permit if you were holding an event in any of those places. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Technically, permits are required for lots of areas that are under city / Fairmount jurisdiction.  That being said, it's almost never enforced.  I know of only one instance where a wedding party was bounced by park staff.  It was purely a wrong place / wrong time situation.  Last time I looked, permits for the Art Museum area were $250.  At the Art Museum, you've got several options... Rocky Statue, Steps, Fountains, Columns, Sides, Corners, Waterworks, Waterworks Pavillions, Waterworks Cliffside, Azalea Garden... Lots of options.

In my opinion, don't bother.  The odds of getting bounced are very small; and there are numerous locations that you can use; should it happen.

Secondarily though:  Don't mess with the Independence Hall / Liberty Bell area.  That area is swarming with hyperactive TSA-style staff.  It's way more trouble than it's worth.  We've been hassled just biking through the area.  Go somewhere else that's lower stress.

I highly recommend taking a scouting trip in advance, just so you know.  Don't overlook Old City, or Broad Street either.

Hope this helps.  Best wishes in your planning.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_philadelphia-permits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:683d842e-d25b-4645-b71d-96b6446819d8Post:8eff46eb-9966-4a54-9c2f-d2260f00ac62">PHILADELPHIA PERMITS</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am planning to do my engagement photo session in June (on a Sunday). The locations I have chosen are PHILADELPHIA ART MUSEUM (the rocky steps as well as the greek architecture); CITY HALL; INDEPENDENCE HALL/LIBERTY BELL....i want to shoot OUTDOORS for each location and was wondering if I needed a permit for any of them and WHERE I can obtain the permits. If any one has done their photos this year (2013) please let me know. ALL suggestions would be highly appreciated! thank youuu
    Posted by PINAL612[/QUOTE]
  • We took e-pics at the Race Street Pier and found out the hard way that you do need a permit to take pics there (I think it's $200).  We got chased out, but after we snuck in a few pics :)
    *** September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration ***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards