Nevada-Las Vegas

Question about Wilson & Bently tour..

Hey brides :)
I was wondering if anyone knows how the tours work?
I was just interested in the 2 hour package tour but do I provide the transportation or it that included? Thank you in advance :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Question about Wilson & Bently tour..

• EmiliaC01EmiliaC01 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2013
    You provide the transportstion since you are just paying for the photography services. You tell him where to show up, and you travel to whichever sites you like and he'll take the photos.
  • Yes, you pay for your own transportation if you choose to do so. We are using Todd as well and he made it sound like we would have enough time to travel by foot to several different locations but it depends on where you're coming from. We are staying at Flamingo, which is pretty central. I'm just afraid with traffic in Vegas, we may spend more time being driven around than taking pictures during our alotted two hours.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_question-about-wilson-bently-tour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5fac28c0-d97d-4e9f-9afa-3c0fec089d05Post:de93d58a-abf4-4ea9-8e48-a95c761b383d">Re: Question about Wilson & Bently tour..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, you pay for your own transportation if you choose to do so. We are using Todd as well and he made it sound like we would have enough time to travel by foot to several different locations but it depends on where you're coming from. We are staying at Flamingo, which is pretty central. I'm just afraid with traffic in Vegas, we may spend more time being driven around than taking pictures during our alotted two hours.
    Posted by Kris10bixler[/QUOTE]

we are staying at flamingo, my only concern is the walking, my heels are 5 inches! I don't really want to waste money on transportation since like you said, flamingo in pretty much in the center of everything but I just don't want my feet hurting by the night time before we go out dancing! lol what a dilemma hmmm. anyway thank you :)
  • Maybe wear a pair of different shoes to walk to the locations that are a little further and then swap out the shoes for the photos?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_question-about-wilson-bently-tour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5fac28c0-d97d-4e9f-9afa-3c0fec089d05Post:e1ca94a1-a97c-4902-bf9b-aef71f7e97a4">Re:Question about Wilson amp; Bently tour..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe wear a pair of different shoes to walk to the locations that are a little further and then swap out the shoes for the photos?
    Posted by EmiliaC01[/QUOTE]
    I was thinking of that same idea! :)
  • If it is a location right near the hotel, you could walk a little in the heels too if you want some shots of you two actually walking along the strip. I hope to stay midstrip as well and walk to Bellagio and maybe one other location. Debating whether my heels are walkable that far, or may get some TOMS and then swap out. I also hope to get some shots at Cosmo before we eat since our dinner is there
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_question-about-wilson-bently-tour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5fac28c0-d97d-4e9f-9afa-3c0fec089d05Post:92fd5052-c264-4cd7-b9f6-ef082c23cc1b">Re:Question about Wilson amp; Bently tour..</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it is a location right near the hotel, you could walk a little in the heels too if you want some shots of you two actually walking along the strip. I hope to stay midstrip as well and walk to Bellagio and maybe one other location. Debating whether my heels are walkable that far, or may get some TOMS and then swap out. I also hope to get some shots at Cosmo before we eat since our dinner is there

yeah I was thinking of doing that! I really want pics by Bellagio and Paris :) Which are both really close to where we will be staying (flamingo). We are going to either XS or Surrender at night so I want to make sure my feet are good to be dancing all night lol. I think we will probably just walk and go with some toms too then swap once its picture time :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_question-about-wilson-bently-tour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5fac28c0-d97d-4e9f-9afa-3c0fec089d05Post:92fd5052-c264-4cd7-b9f6-ef082c23cc1b">Re:Question about Wilson amp; Bently tour..</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it is a location right near the hotel, you could walk a little in the heels too if you want some shots of you two actually walking along the strip. I hope to stay midstrip as well and walk to Bellagio and maybe one other location. Debating whether my heels are walkable that far, or may get some TOMS and then swap out. I also hope to get some shots at Cosmo before we eat since our dinner is there
    Posted by EmiliaC01[
     When is your wedding?
  • January 2014. In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_question-about-wilson-bently-tour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5fac28c0-d97d-4e9f-9afa-3c0fec089d05Post:1c4aa62a-348f-44e2-949c-1365038b455a">Re:Question about Wilson amp; Bently tour..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Question about Wilson amp; Bently tour.. : [QUOTE]If it is a location right near the hotel, you could walk a little in the heels too if you want some shots of you two actually walking along the strip. I hope to stay midstrip as well and walk to Bellagio and maybe one other location. Debating whether my heels are walkable that far, or may get some TOMS and then swap out. I also hope to get some shots at Cosmo before we eat since our dinner is there Posted by EmiliaC01[  When is your wedding?
    Posted by Valeriecruz82[/QUOTE]
  • Just wanted to throw it out there: I'm doing the 2 hours with Todd on our wedding day but for the two hour package on a Sat it was required that our end time was 1pm or before.  It messed up the timing a little for a 3pm ceremony but we're doing a first look and then from 1-2:30 (we need to be at the chapel at 2:30) we'll grab a bite to eat (carefully LOL) in the room or something.

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_question-about-wilson-bently-tour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5fac28c0-d97d-4e9f-9afa-3c0fec089d05Post:1c1a64e0-3b9f-4b4d-a7a7-8243e54ccd85">Re: Question about Wilson & Bently tour..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just wanted to throw it out there: I'm doing the 2 hours with Todd on our wedding day but for the two hour package on a Sat it was required that our end time was 1pm or before.  It messed up the timing a little for a 3pm ceremony but we're doing a first look and then from 1-2:30 (we need to be at the chapel at 2:30) we'll grab a bite to eat (carefully LOL) in the room or something.
    Posted by FrankensteinsGirl[/QUOTE]

oh wow thanks for that info! My wedding isn't until 5pm! I emailed Wilson & bently a couple days ago but haven't heard back yet, but I will have to look into that now that you mention it! Thanks a lot! :)
  • Hopefully you can discuss that with him soon. I am trying to plan stressfree but figuring out timelines is the most stressful for me... I think the longest it took Todd to reply was a couple days. He's good about replying back.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_question-about-wilson-bently-tour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5fac28c0-d97d-4e9f-9afa-3c0fec089d05Post:3a62bf6f-e6e0-4a9a-919c-a0003df66a9b">Re:Question about Wilson amp; Bently tour..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hopefully you can discuss that with him soon. I am trying to plan stressfree but figuring out timelines is the most stressful for me... I think the longest it took Todd to reply was a couple days. He's good about replying back.

I am starting to see how stressful figuring out all the timelines can be!  I wasn't really planning on even having a photographer, aside from the one that comes with our ceremony package. after seeing all these beautiful pics around the strip I definitely want one! Hopefully everything comes together. I emailed him Friday I'm thinking he was too busy to get around to it over the weekend so hopefully today or tomorrow.
  • I think planning individual vendors can be stressful but not that bad... Making it all work together, that's the hard part. Hehe. If you don't hear by tomorrow, I would try him again. Like I said, he is good about replying. Sometimes same day, sometimes a couple days. Maybe he had a busy weekend shooting and editing... I've even emailed him logistics questions about going to certain places and whether its walkable or we can fit it in within a certain time, and he replies. Very helpful. I am not sure what your budget is, but are you able to maybe afford the difference to do the four hours? And see if he can do the shoot later? Then you can maybe get some evening shots on the strip too. Or maybe do a two hour strip tour the day after you're married? Just suggestions... It will work out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards