Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

April 15th Reviews Part 4 (that I forgot to post earlier!)

I must have skipped this part when I posted earlier. Good thing J caught it because the food is the most important part right?

Mon Ami Gabi: A+ – I went here with the girls the morning of the wedding and we got right in on the patio with our 9am reservation.  I had eggs Benedict and a bloody mary and everything was really good. The service was fast and I would definitely eat here again

Wicked Spoon: D – I was SO excited about this place because everyone had really great things to say about it but it was a huge disappointment. First of all can we talk about the walk there? I understand cosmo is a HUGE place but they placed this thing in Hogwarts and make you hoof it through the shire to get there.. We were seated in the back near the kitchen entrance. I used to be in the industry so I know what it takes to be a server but I don’t believe my expectations are unreasonable. There are two things a buffet server has to do: keep drinks full and plates clear and this girl failed.  Call me a stickler but I’d also prefer to not hear you and your friends bullsh!tting and swearing on your way back to the kitchen. The food was mediocre at best and definitely wasn’t worth $40 a person. If I could go back I would have filled my plate with macaroons and ordered four cokes just to be on the safe side.

The Buffet at the Wynn: B+ – The Wynn itself is gorgeous and if it wasn’t so pretty I would have hated it for being so damn confusing. It took us 20 extra minutes to find the box office to pick up our tickets for that night. We weren’t planning on doing two buffets but Josh wanted to give me a little buffet redemption. The selection and food quality was head and shoulders above WS and service was on point. There were two servers to our little dining area so we were definitely attended to.

Ra Sushi: D – We went here after our show on Wednesday and were really excited for sushi. It was dead a little before 10pm and we sat at the sushi bar. We ordered drinks, an appetizer, and a decent amount of sushi and then never saw our waitress again. We had empty glasses and plates stacked and still had to basically flag this girl down. The sushi was nothing special and I can’t say I’d recommend this place.

Sugar Factory: B – Got in with our reservation no problem.  Everything on this menu looks absolutely amazing. Don’t make the same mistake I did and get the nutella pancakes because you can make them at home. Everyone else’s food looked delicious and I pouted about those pancakes most of that day. I would love to see this place at night considering they kept the club vibe going even through the morning. The flashing lights and bass bumping at 9:30am was a little much but I guess that’s Vegas. 

ETA:

Spoon I'm glad you reminded me! 

TOTALLY forgot about Canaletto and the Venetian! 

We had our limo driver us off at the Venetian after the wedding and we walked around and watched the live statues in St. Marks Square for a while. We took a picture with him and everyone in that crowd took our picture so that was pretty cool. I then proceeded to sweep all of his money off of the platform with my dress like an ass. It's definitely an experience in there and if I had had more time I would have loved to see more. 

Our private room in Canaletto was adorable. It was cozy, romantic, and we were seated just as they dimmed the square for the evening. The food was great and they had our little cake set up in the corner. The cake was ordered through COF which was really yummy and the portions were huge, definitely not the little slivers you usually get at big weddings.

Josh definitely recommends Ceasar's buffet from previous trips and would give the Wynn's an A over my B rating. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 

Re: April 15th Reviews Part 4 (that I forgot to post earlier!)

• Options
    I love reading everyone's thoughts! How was your meal after your wedding?
  • Options
    I love your reviews, wish you could keep them coming lol I was just telling FI that when we go next month we have to check out WS because of all the hype. After your review and the waste of $40 I will probably reconsider. Like you, I wouldn't have been a happy camper sitting next to the kitchen while having to listen to BS!
  • Options
    Fab your wish is my command.. Because I keep forgetting stuff! I added my reception review details because I'm can't seem to get everything in one series of posts.
  • Options
    Oh and Wicked Spoon was annoying because everything is in it's own little serving dish. It's cute but not practical. You get your plate and then fill it with max four other smaller plates.. 

Josh also said that the Wynn's ranch dressing is probaly the best he's ever had.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_april-15th-reviews-part-4-that-i-forgot-to-post-earlier?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:219265a2-8f90-43b7-8f16-9cc58f213f98Post:02adc08b-226b-4cdc-b805-4c274ab90a88">Re: April 15th Reviews Part 4 (that I forgot to post earlier!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fab your wish is my command.. Because I keep forgetting stuff! I added my reception review details because I'm can't seem to get everything in one series of posts.
    Posted by PreDempsey[/QUOTE]

LOL!!
  • Options
    Thank you for the reviews!!  So sad to hear you had a bad time at RA. It is one of my favorite sushi places here in CA...maybe the Vegas location just stinks?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love the Wynn Buffet. :D
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've got a private room at Canaletto too and I was sure that you did. I was panicking thinking something must have happened when I didn't see a review for it! but it all sounded great.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_april-15th-reviews-part-4-that-i-forgot-to-post-earlier?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:219265a2-8f90-43b7-8f16-9cc58f213f98Post:f8d577b2-56e1-46de-87dd-2b0b0378de8c">Re: April 15th Reviews Part 4 (that I forgot to post earlier!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love your reviews, wish you could keep them coming lol I was just telling FI that when we go next month we have to check out WS because of all the hype. After your review and the waste of $40 I will probably reconsider. Like you, I wouldn't have been a happy camper sitting next to the kitchen while having to listen to BS!
    Posted by fablove[/QUOTE]
    I suggest trying WS for lunch during the week its cheaper =)<div>i went sunday for lunch ad it was pretty good but not fabulous like the reviews state</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the reviews! So glad you enjoyed The Wynn buffet (I'm having my reception there), I hear so much good stuff about Wicked Spoon it almost made me change my mind, but this and Kristen's review have made me feel much better :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Options
    Jii it'll be a perfect place for you reception because not only is it good, it's beautiful inside too!
  • Options
    In Response to Re: April 15th Reviews Part 4 (that I forgot to post earlier!):
    [QUOTE]Jii it'll be a perfect place for you reception because not only is it good, it's beautiful inside too!
    Posted by PreDempsey[/QUOTE]

Fantastic! Thanks :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards