Michigan-Grand Rapids

Grand Haven wedding transportation needed

Hello all!  We are getting married this summer at the Bil-Mar Restaurant.  Since Bil-Mar has very limited parking our guests are being asked to park off site, then we are to have taxis/shuttles bring our 40 guests to/from Bil-Mar.  There are only 2 taxi companies in GH that I know of: Blue Dog and Rosebud.  Neither one are very responsive at getting back to me, which gives me serious doubts about their ability to facilitate this.  I would love to hired a dedicated shuttle service, but they would have quite a long down time while our guests are at the wedding & reception. That could end up being quite pricey. I just want to be sure transportation is quickly available when our guests are ready to leave in the evening. Have any of you used Blue Dog or Rosebud Taxi? Any other suggestions???  Thanks much!

Re: Grand Haven wedding transportation needed

• I used Rosebud and did have the communication problem, but the night of they were great!

What about the Grand Haven Trolley?  Or renting a van and asking someone to drive the shuttle?

Out of curiosity where are they asking your guests to park?
  • I think I will call Rosebud again today.  I've tried calling them in the past and wasnt very successful.  I havent checked into the trolley.  I thought about a private van and having someone drive, but I think that could be more complicated.  We have several people staying at area inns/hotels and others that will be driving to GH.

Our guests will be asked to park at the hospital in the physician offices area.  Since the doctors offices are closed on the weekend there is plenty of parking available.

Did you get married at Bil-Mar??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_grand-haven-wedding-transportation-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:30628652-7092-4c24-b819-8080cd9e4f39Post:d657a73c-3cb9-4469-9f78-e52ad4f9ac1d">Re: Grand Haven wedding transportation needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I will call Rosebud again today.  I've tried calling them in the past and wasnt very successful.  I havent checked into the trolley.  I thought about a private van and having someone drive, but I think that could be more complicated.  We have several people staying at area inns/hotels and others that will be driving to GH. Our guests will be asked to park at the hospital in the physician offices area.  Since the doctors offices are closed on the weekend there is plenty of parking available. Did you get married at Bil-Mar??
    Posted by lmbprg[/QUOTE]

<div>Ask whoever you talk to at Rosebud to give you Chad's phone number, he's the owner... I had it but can't seem to find it :(  I expressed some frustration and they gave me his phone number, things went much more smoothly!</div><div>
    </div><div>I got married at Harbourfront Hall above Porto Bello.  </div><div>
    </div><div>That is a good idea as where to park, has the hospital OK'd it?</div>
  • When I called Rosebud they told me to call back later to talk to Kim. ??  I will ask for Chad!

It sounds like the hospital is okay with it on the weekends since the doctor offices portion of the lot is unused at that time. Or at least that is what Bil-Mar and Blue Dog Taxi have told me.  I need to talk to someone further at Rosebud.  On my to-do list tomorrow. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards